Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Registered User weightconquerer's Avatar
    weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10) weightconquerer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good post, OP.

chev96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    im at the gym now and some guy just threw his gym towel over some dumbells that heaps of people are wanting to use and then he walks away for 5 minutes. then comes back to his workout and he just repeats this....fml

haydnr01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I hate it when your mid set and someone decides to bump into you... If only you were allowed to throw dumbells at people..

Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zorrona is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the usefull post, will be sure to avoid doing these!
    Squats shoeless crew

Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000) Rufflez is a name known to all. (+5000)
    kewl story
    280/335/475

Mirin Charizard

"The difference between a successful miscer and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of aesthetics, but rather a lack of will."
    -Rufflez

JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50) JustinFish will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agree with most of the above apart from dropping weights, after a set of incline db-s to failure the instinct is to drop them as your fatigued. I disagree with the statement of them being "too heavy"
    People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past and getting on with their lives. - Kai Greene

Arsenal FC.

LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10) LangloisTX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude leaves 250 racked on the squat rack, never to be seen again. WTF? Isn't that punishable by death?

trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) trojan2k8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Disagree with #1 as I don't see a problem with texting between sets, otherwise I get bored and do my set before I'm fully rested.
    Also disagree with #8 controlled breathing isn't always possible on heavy sets. You shouldn't be worried about making involuntary noises unless you train at planet fitness. which you shouldn't be.

Just to add one, don't be the guy that trains check and bi's/tri's everyday and neglects back and legs

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SupersonicMCR has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post
    I can't even tell you how many idiots I see at the gym each day. Me, as well others who workout regularly, have developed a keen eye for spotting gym "noobs" who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. It's not that I care that people look dumb when working out...I really don't, what bothers me is a) that people are cheating themselves out of a solid workout and b) that they make the gym environment less enjoyable for everyone else. Where do you think all of the stereotypes about regular gym-goers came from? Those jackasses. Abide by the following ten rules of gym etiquette and you'll instantly look more experienced and professional, but most importantly you'll give others the best possible chance to have a kick ass workout.

1. Get the !@#$ off your cell phone. This is my #1 pet peeve among all else, even more so than the lazy ass people who stand still on the airport moving walkways (they're not rides). The gym is a place to bust-ass and work hard, NOT check your voice mail, text, make calls, or check e-mail. If you're on your phone your work ethic is immediately discredited and you appear as if you really don't give a **** about what you're doing. Exercise with purpose and with intensity...it's the only way you'll achieve your goals. Get rid of all the distractions, your cell phone is a biggy. My only exception to this is the iPhone because of it's iPod functionality.

2. Put back your weights. If you use dumbbells or load a barbell, be courteous and return what you used back to its original spot. I have two major reasons for this. 1) If a barbell is loaded or dumbbells are sitting next to a bench it signals to other lifters that the equipment is still in use. If you leave weights behind it prevents others from using the equipment. 2) Why should someone else have to clean up after your lazy ass? If you use equipment it's NOT the job of other lifters or gym employees to move the weights that you used. It takes unnecessary time and energy to return weights, re-rack your weights after you're done.

3. Don't stand in front of weight racks. If you're using dumbbells use them away from the rack. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I'm trying to get a set of dumbbells, but some idiot is doing curls right in front of the rack blocking it. It's really not difficult, just move to an open area and move on your way.

4. Stop admiring yourself. Everyone loves looking at themselves...admiring the herculean body they've sculpted, but remember you're in a public place. Staring at yourself, flexing excessively, and pulling up your shirt to show off your abs all fall into the category of being a conceited jackass. You look like an idiot, everyone around you thinks you're an idiot (and I mean everyone), and trust me you don't look good or cool no matter how sexy your body is. Do it in the locker room or in the privacy of your own home.

5. Stop hitting on women. This one's mainly for guys, but a huge no-no is trying to pick up women in the gym. Women at the gym are typically focused on one thing, their workout, and they don't want to be bothered by some meat head throwing around inappropriate remarks. I guarantee you that they'll ignore you or give you a disgusted look, and really what you're doing is throwing off their workout and making yourself look stupid. Respect a woman's space and focus and leave her be. If she asks for help or advice that's one thing, but keep everything appropriate and friendly.

6. Respect people's space when they're working. If someone is in the process of working out, DO NOT talk to them, ask if you can use the equipment next, distract them, or crowd their space (this is assuming they're not standing in front of the weight rack, in that case do what you want). It's beyond disrespectful to interfere with someone when they're smack dab in the middle of a hard ass set, pushing themselves to hit a new max. Wait until they finish their set and then kindly move along with your business.

7. Don't be a hog. Gyms are a public place, nobody owns any of the equipment. Often gyms get really crowded, equipment gets backed up, and people are forced to wait to use what they want. If you know others are waiting, accommodate them by offering to work in with them (switch off), or simply go a little faster. Also, if you're resting in between sets do not sit on the equipment. Get off until your next set so that it gives others a chance to use it. There's no reason you should have to skip an exercise because equipment is occupied. Kindly ask if you can work in and they should more than happily agree to share.

8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.

9. Do some research. One of the things that bothers me most is when people use awful form. So many people flail weights around like floppy fish, throwing their arms everywhere back and forth, thinking that they're actually doing something productive. They're not. Using proper form and doing exercises correctly is so important for getting maximal results and preventing injury. Get your thighs parallel to the ground on squats. Tuck your elbows into your sides during bicep curls and triceps extensions. Don't arch your back during deadlifts. Raise and lower weights in a slow, controlled manner. These are fundamental skills that so many people lack. Do a little research, watch a YouTube video, or ask an experienced friend...it doesn't matter. It takes a little bit of work to vastly improve the quality of your workout. Besides being more effective, you'll automatically look 100x more experienced and proficient.

10. Wipe down. If you sweat all over a bench or machine, wipe it down with some disinfectant. Noone wants your sweat or germs on their clothes.

Why should any of this bother you? People are free - they can do anything they want.

FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) FortunesHiding has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The loud grunts are what annoys me the most, fair enough make a small amount of noise... But when they literally shout when doing last few reps, cmon. Shut up you mug.

iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) iJoe has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Luckily for me my gym is in my garage. So I don't have to put up with any of this nonsense.

SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SMKillerBody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hahaha I was going to say I agree with specific points, but as I kept reading, man, you got me worked up over each one of them. These things are really annoying and it is just a lack of common courtesy! Drives me nuts! The only thing I would add is that there are people that do this crap that are experienced in the gym and seem to have some sense of entitlement to just leave crap laying around and things like that. Great post!

egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) egosum12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree

Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by crunchymilk View Post
    I use my iphone to run an app that tracks my lifts and times my breaks. That means I pull it out and use it after every set. You got a problem with it? Too bad.
    I do this ^ too. Better than talking to a partner for more than a minute....efficient and helps get through the workout quicker.

Arnold used gear, smoked weed, and group sex...I bet he'd use his phone today at the gym...to hit up his dealer and talk to the ladies

Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Robster81 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Only thing I can think to add is...

No curling in the squat rack. Go pick up a 75 dumbbell and curl that one handed! Stop using the barbell!

redgum78 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by iJoe View Post
    Luckily for me my gym is in my garage. So I don't have to put up with any of this nonsense.
    Same here....If you have the room save the money you would otherwise spend on gym membership and buy your own kit. If you go second hand you will have most of what you need in 12 months.

dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dIshida has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Don't stand directly in front of the seated barbell shoulder press and do curls when someone needs to look at the mirror to determine when they hit 90 degrees.
    So annoying especially when their terrible swinging form distracts you even more.

DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100) DRAXXIS is not very well liked. (-100)
    Wow, srs rants up in hear! But can't lie, most of them are legit. Now I'll be looking for these in people and be even more annoyed D;

johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnnypriest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SupersonicMCR View Post
    Why should any of this bother you? People are free - they can do anything they want.
    @SupersonicMCR

By each point:
    1. Correct. This is their own business. You can make an argument that it extends their rest period and thus making others wait longer, but there's no way of really knowing.

2. I've injured myself twice now in the gym because people did not put their equipment away, both times put me out of training for at least a week. It's courtesy. I stopped using the leg press years ago because it took me about 5-10 minutes to load the weight, then another 5-10 to unload. I don't leave hundreds of pounds for the next person to strip off before their first set. Also, I decided to stop internally raging about this, and I just go around the gym picking up weight and stripping the plate loaded machines during my rest periods (without extending my rest periods). A social experiment to see if people will follow by example.

3. In my gym, the DB racks are right in front to the mirrors, and people (even I used to do this) stand closely in front of the DB rack to watch themselves in the mirror. This blocks people from grabbing the DBs that they need. I step a few feet away from the rack, more than enough space for people to go in front of me and grab their weights.

4. Correct. Their own business. Personally, it's a judgment call. Other people may think it's vanity, other people may call it just rewards. I don't do this myself.

5. Partially correct. Some people are partially there to socialize, perhaps even to be picked up. I think the difference is being able to determine between who wants to talk, and who doesn't want to be disturbed. One reason there are female-only gyms or female-only areas/hours are because enough people cannot reliably tell the difference. Personally, I can't tell the difference, so I don't approach women in the gym with intention.

6. It's physically dangerous not to give space and allow someone to focus. If you think the weight is light and they don't need to focus, "light" for you may be "heavy" for them. If you talk to some during squats, and they collapse or break form, they get injured and the worst that happens to you is that you feel bad about it.

7. You have a right to use the equipment, and so do other people. Sharing is a good solution. Keep in mind, some people don't want to.

8. Partially correct. Make all the noise you want, but don't throw your weights around unless you absolutely own them (bought them yourself) and no one is around for you to accidentally hit. I don't like making noise myself because I don't want to look like an idiot or distract other people.

9. Correct. Form is an individual responsibility and affects no one else unless you spread it through bad advice. (OP has mentioned "Don't ARCH your back during deadlifts." when it should be "Don't ROUND your back during deadlifts." - their intent/meaning was probably the same, but wording was wrong)

10. Absolutely incorrect. We share equipment, not bodily fluid.

runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) runningman123 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    haha good read

SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by johnnypriest View Post
    2. I've injured myself twice now in the gym because people did not put their equipment away, both times put me out of training for at least a week. It's courtesy. I stopped using the leg press years ago because it took me about 5-10 minutes to load the weight, then another 5-10 to unload. I don't leave hundreds of pounds for the next person to strip off before their first set. Also, I decided to stop internally raging about this, and I just go around the gym picking up weight and stripping the plate loaded machines during my rest periods (without extending my rest periods). A social experiment to see if people will follow by example.
    You are a very polite person, and I consider myself a polite person, however, our mutual politeness is about to come crashing together in a cataclysm of ETIQUETTE FUELED HATRED

At my gym we have three leg press machines. Most people inside the gym aren't going to be leg pressing 35 lbs. on each side (is this a fuarking joke?) Most people are going to need at LEAST a 45, most will need more than that. For this reason, I do not strip all of the weight off the bar, for that would be a convenience to 5% of gym goers, at the expense of 95%. Your principle runs afoul to the ease of society.
    "That's the cool thing about lifting weights, man. They get older, I stay the same age." - David Wooderson

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SolidOakie View Post
    You are a very polite person, and I consider myself a polite person, however, our mutual politeness is about to come crashing together in a cataclysm of ETIQUETTE FUELED HATRED

At my gym we have three leg press machines. Most people inside the gym aren't going to be leg pressing 35 lbs. on each side (is this a fuarking joke?) Most people are going to need at LEAST a 45, most will need more than that. For this reason, I do not strip all of the weight off the bar, for that would be a convenience to 5% of gym goers, at the expense of 95%. Your principle runs afoul to the ease of society.
    The gym I go to has lots of senior citizens that put 10 pounders on the leg press. I routinely remove the 45's (that someone left) for them cause it hurts their old people hands.

SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SolidOakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    The gym I go to has lots of senior citizens that put 10 pounders on the leg press. I routinely remove the 45's (that someone left) for them cause it hurts their old people hands.
    Sustained. The prosecution rests
    "That's the cool thing about lifting weights, man. They get older, I stay the same age." - David Wooderson

duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500) duck1dong is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post
    I can't even tell you how many idiots I see at the gym each day. Me, as well others who workout regularly, have developed a keen eye for spotting gym "noobs" who have absolutely no idea what they're doing. It's not that I care that people look dumb when working out...I really don't, what bothers me is a) that people are cheating themselves out of a solid workout and b) that they make the gym environment less enjoyable for everyone else. Where do you think all of the stereotypes about regular gym-goers came from? Those jackasses. Abide by the following ten rules of gym etiquette and you'll instantly look more experienced and professional, but most importantly you'll give others the best possible chance to have a kick ass workout.

1. Get the !@#$ off your cell phone. This is my #1 pet peeve among all else, even more so than the lazy ass people who stand still on the airport moving walkways (they're not rides). The gym is a place to bust-ass and work hard, NOT check your voice mail, text, make calls, or check e-mail. If you're on your phone your work ethic is immediately discredited and you appear as if you really don't give a **** about what you're doing. Exercise with purpose and with intensity...it's the only way you'll achieve your goals. Get rid of all the distractions, your cell phone is a biggy. My only exception to this is the iPhone because of it's iPod functionality.

2. Put back your weights. If you use dumbbells or load a barbell, be courteous and return what you used back to its original spot. I have two major reasons for this. 1) If a barbell is loaded or dumbbells are sitting next to a bench it signals to other lifters that the equipment is still in use. If you leave weights behind it prevents others from using the equipment. 2) Why should someone else have to clean up after your lazy ass? If you use equipment it's NOT the job of other lifters or gym employees to move the weights that you used. It takes unnecessary time and energy to return weights, re-rack your weights after you're done.

3. Don't stand in front of weight racks. If you're using dumbbells use them away from the rack. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I'm trying to get a set of dumbbells, but some idiot is doing curls right in front of the rack blocking it. It's really not difficult, just move to an open area and move on your way.

4. Stop admiring yourself. Everyone loves looking at themselves...admiring the herculean body they've sculpted, but remember you're in a public place. Staring at yourself, flexing excessively, and pulling up your shirt to show off your abs all fall into the category of being a conceited jackass. You look like an idiot, everyone around you thinks you're an idiot (and I mean everyone), and trust me you don't look good or cool no matter how sexy your body is. Do it in the locker room or in the privacy of your own home.

5. Stop hitting on women. This one's mainly for guys, but a huge no-no is trying to pick up women in the gym. Women at the gym are typically focused on one thing, their workout, and they don't want to be bothered by some meat head throwing around inappropriate remarks. I guarantee you that they'll ignore you or give you a disgusted look, and really what you're doing is throwing off their workout and making yourself look stupid. Respect a woman's space and focus and leave her be. If she asks for help or advice that's one thing, but keep everything appropriate and friendly.

6. Respect people's space when they're working. If someone is in the process of working out, DO NOT talk to them, ask if you can use the equipment next, distract them, or crowd their space (this is assuming they're not standing in front of the weight rack, in that case do what you want). It's beyond disrespectful to interfere with someone when they're smack dab in the middle of a hard ass set, pushing themselves to hit a new max. Wait until they finish their set and then kindly move along with your business.

7. Don't be a hog. Gyms are a public place, nobody owns any of the equipment. Often gyms get really crowded, equipment gets backed up, and people are forced to wait to use what they want. If you know others are waiting, accommodate them by offering to work in with them (switch off), or simply go a little faster. Also, if you're resting in between sets do not sit on the equipment. Get off until your next set so that it gives others a chance to use it. There's no reason you should have to skip an exercise because equipment is occupied. Kindly ask if you can work in and they should more than happily agree to share.

8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.

9. Do some research. One of the things that bothers me most is when people use awful form. So many people flail weights around like floppy fish, throwing their arms everywhere back and forth, thinking that they're actually doing something productive. They're not. Using proper form and doing exercises correctly is so important for getting maximal results and preventing injury. Get your thighs parallel to the ground on squats. Tuck your elbows into your sides during bicep curls and triceps extensions. Don't arch your back during deadlifts. Raise and lower weights in a slow, controlled manner. These are fundamental skills that so many people lack. Do a little research, watch a YouTube video, or ask an experienced friend...it doesn't matter. It takes a little bit of work to vastly improve the quality of your workout. Besides being more effective, you'll automatically look 100x more experienced and proficient.

10. Wipe down. If you sweat all over a bench or machine, wipe it down with some disinfectant. Noone wants your sweat or germs on their clothes.
    Those are all obvious tips about obvious social etiquette. This is partly why I stopped going to gyms: I dont need to put up with what other people think. The time to drive to the gym is a waste. The monthly fees are a waste.

Keep in mind that the fitness industry is unregulated. Chances are there is someone who knows a hell of a lot more than you certification or not and this is why I quit my "job" as a trainer. 95% of the info I learned in university(Master Science Physical Education: Sports Psychology/Exercise physiology, C.S.C.S. NSCA 1996, IFPA 2001) was useless motivating the common person who can barely get their underwear on straight. Largely the fitness industry disgusts me, which is why I would rather lift in a garage or a basement than in some dumb gym. Yes no one cares about what you do. Which is precisely why I dont want these people in my face when I lifting heavy. They are all irrelevant.

inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500) inoxia is not very helpful. (-500)
    Some prick left 50kg plates on the leg press the other week. I can't even OHP 50kg.
    Being bullied by nics1246
    ^Thanks for all the kind support

Gone in search of better administration

Location: Basingstoke, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarrylKensley is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by inoxia View Post
    Some prick left 50kg plates on the leg press the other week. I can't even OHP 50kg.
    You see, now thats mean. Im was often scorned for not returning the pin on certain cable machines... Mad, I know.

Keep on keeping on notdisappoint's Avatar
    notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Angry

Lots of good points. I mostly agree with all of them, and have this one to add:

What pisses me off is when some jackass is wanting to look big at the deadlift rack, and he'll basically release the bar mid air only to have it smash into the ground. And with my gym not being at ground level, the entire floor will rumble when heavy weights are dropped. For christ sakes, it even says on signs everywhere "don't drop the weights", but these clowns think the rules doesn't apply to them.

So a couple of sessions ago this jerk was dropping the deadlift bar mid air, making an ass of himself, and I said to him (between sets, mind you) "I think you're supposed to actually carry the weight down to the floor". He kinda just brushed it off, and although looking kind of embarrassed, he was up to his old tricks again the next time I saw (and heard him). Some people never learn.

Oh yeah, and regarding form: Then there're are those that'll strip extra weight around the waist when doing pullups, only to not even go below 90 degrees arm to elbow. I mean, what is that?

Originally Posted by inoxia View Post
    How many stones is that?

Keep on keeping on notdisappoint's Avatar
    notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50) notdisappoint will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SolidOakie View Post
    How many stones is that?
    50 kilograms =
    7.87365222 stones
    50% fact.
    50% magic.
    100% results.

Know who invented deload week? Haters. People who want to slow you down, so they can catch up.

ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000) ImInTHIS is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've done everything you listed op and no one had to tell me. 1st time to going to a gym and actually lifting too. Lol you wouldn't believe how disarranged the weights were. I made sure to rearrange everything when i was done. Common courtesy.

As for the phone, well I might be switching songs or inputting training info.