Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lolling at *******s telling op to stop smoking weed, but like to get drunk on the reg. ****ing dumbass uneducated close minded dick choking *******s!

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JustBrowsin View Post
    yes. show me otherwise. And we're talking clean opiates. Not heroin that's been stepped on with 18 other random substances
    Is this a joke?

Are you aware of the addictive potential of opiates, and the resultant consequences of abuse?

Or are you strictly speaking of physiologic effects of the drug? As in pharm grade opiates administered by a physician? Because although that CAN be safe (though not without side effects), that has very little to do with reality. And defending chronic opiate use by use in that context is dishonest.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hvillpimp524 View Post
    Of course alcohol is worse for your body than weed. Anyone who says otherwise is a phucking misinformed troll.
    Fail.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Dr. Horse View Post
    Is this a joke?

Are you aware of the addictive potential of opiates, and the resultant consequences of abuse?

Or are you strictly speaking of physiologic effects of the drug? As in pharm grade opiates administered by a physician? Because although that CAN be safe (though not without side effects), that has very little to do with reality. And defending chronic opiate use by use in that context is dishonest.
    As a recovering addict I am 100% aware of the addictive potential and the destructive path that it can lead you towards.

This is strictly from a physiological perspective. Opiates have some side effects, some more pleasant than others, but my point is that while it may make you uncomfortable and even be dangerous when abused in the present, it tends to leave your body the way it found it, unlike years and years of alcoholism or smoking, be it weed or cigarettes.

ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ilikebeer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Fail.

seriously lolling if you think cannabis is more harmful than alcohol....

slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by ilikebeer View Post
    short term cannabis use can cause more mental problems than alcohol but phsycailly on the body it is not near half as bad as alcohol.

LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000) LikeEmThik is just really nice. (+1000)
    This. Too lazy to read whole thread, but there's no possible way anyone could actually believe that drinking is safer than marijuana, right? You idiots know marijuana can be eaten as well as vaporized which eliminates the only possible downside of cannabis?

As a recovering addict I am 100% aware of the addictive potential and the destructive path that it can lead you towards.

This is strictly from a physiological perspective. Opiates have some side effects, some more pleasant than others, but my point is that while it may make you uncomfortable and even be dangerous when abused in the present, it tends to leave your body the way it found it, unlike years and years of alcoholism or smoking, be it weed or cigarettes.
    Ok fair enough, but your argument is purely hypothetical outside of a health care setting. The reality is that opiate use (especially IV use) has enormous amount of morbidity and mortality associated with it. Even if you get clean, there can be significant permanent damage left to the body.
    No sir, I don't like it.

The toxin is in the dose.

Read the whole thread to understand the context.
    No sir, I don't like it.

Returning to Savagery JustBrowsin's Avatar
    JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JustBrowsin has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Even if you get clean, there can be significant permanent damage left to the body.
    yes, but is this from the opiate? or from the adulterants often found with it?

cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cbrowns21 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

/thread

yes, but is this from the opiate? or from the adulterants often found with it?
    It's from the REALITY of the way in which the opiates are obtained, delivered, and administered. The fact is that most opiate addicts aren't getting their junk from a pharm co. and being injected through a sterile IV. They inject dirty drug with dirty equipment in dirty settings. They destroy their veins. They destroy their livers. They destroy their hearts. They get terrible infections. They die as a direct result of these actions, sometimes.

Is that a physiologic response due to opiate administration (in the strictist pharmacological sense), of course not. But it is real life. I've seen it, I've treated it.
    No sir, I don't like it.

FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500) FrankBrah is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by liftyeah View Post
    lmao @ people.

well what about dip and cigarettes?

which have proven a track record of destroying people
    I dont smoke pot anymore, but I dip everyday, I have perfectly white teeth (no brag, gf is a dentist) and I have my jaw.
    USMC 2005-2009
    While stay out late, I'm eating. While you sleep in, Im doing morning cardio. While you miss a workout, I'm lifting. Every time you don't give 100%, you make it that much easier for me to beat you.

Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Josh81 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by cbrowns21 View Post

/thread
    perfect shirt for the picture as well
    You don't need a reason to help people.
    RIP Zyzz & Greg Plitt, my two biggest inspirations.

Originally Posted by FrankBrah View Post
    I dont smoke pot anymore, but I dip everyday, I have perfectly white teeth (no brag, gf is a dentist) and I have my jaw.
    Invincibility: Only in your mind
    No sir, I don't like it.

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CCAurora View Post
    You sound like you just weren't cool enough
    lmao yeah, real cool. What a div, I did ******* for the first time when I was 15, I must have been off the scale cool.

Idiot

Drugs are great when used responsibly, same as anything in this world like many people have said in this thread, moderation is the key. Anything can ruin lives, that includes MJ, I watched a good friend deteriorate to psychosis and he resides his days in a mental home now and has done for the last 8 years.

He was a perfectly normal lad, started smoking and smoked much harder than anyone else, he just had to be stoned all the time and he lost the plot.

1 example doesnt make it fact of course but MJ is well known for causing paranoia and fi that paranoia starts stepping up a few gears you can end up in all sorts of trouble.

Originally Posted by moveouttamyway View Post
    Marijuana does not effect your mind and brain in the long term.
    ^^^ Thats not a fact, thats a "popular opinion"

Originally Posted by b0ngman View Post
    smoking blunts is pretty terrible for your lungs

but smoking pills has got to be the worst thing you can do to your breathers in terms of drug use
    I smoked pills when I was younger, completely fuks up your ability to breathe for a few days, some dumb chit.

Personally I am of the opinion that all drugs should be legalised and controlled, if people really want to get high they are going to anyway, the last 60 years have proven that. With that being the case pure, controlled, heavily taxed recreational drugs are the way forward.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post
    Bob Marley smoked blunts and died of cancer.
    Wait wat?? Wat?? He died of Acral lentiginous melanoma (Skin Cancer). Found some on his toe and didn't get it removed and got a skin graft. That Skin cancer spread thru his whole body resulting in death.

SO you're saying him smoking crazy blunts got him skin cancer of the toe??

I f-ing love the misc!!!
    Dodgers!
    BAAA BAA Baa Taaa Taaa Toothy

Originally Posted by slimjimmacdim View Post
    short term cannabis use can cause more mental problems than alcohol but phsycailly on the body it is not near half as bad as alcohol.
    LOL!!!! no. you are wrong.

The toxin is in the dose.

Read the whole thread to understand the context.

brb smoking unlimited marijuana and am fine...brb millions of alcohol related deaths every year. brb destroying lives and families due to alcoholism.

marijuana = no recorded deaths.

brb worst thing that can happen is getting munchies and eating crappy food.

brb using pot to expand my mind and creativity.

brb its called medical marijuana for a reason.

/thread

secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000) secretlifter3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    brb shooting heroin and thinking it's not as bad as alcohol

good luck brah

Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000) Jayce_ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The problem is with weed, although it has been studied (on animals/mice mostly), the have never been any long term studies on it like alcohol. Although people reference Holland as an example of "weed working", I can reference examples of Nations where alcohol works and isn't abused.

The real problem we have is the fact people abuse alcohol. I drink, I drink once every 2-to-4 weeks, that's it. Most people I know drink at most once a month. Over in the UK, when we made weed a class c instead of B we had to raise it against to B because it was starting to cause us problems. It is (like it or not) also a gateway drug...
    ∫ іяс сязш ∫

musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000) musD is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's from the REALITY of the way in which the opiates are obtained, delivered, and administered. The fact is that most opiate addicts aren't getting their junk from a pharm co. and being injected through a sterile IV. They inject dirty drug with dirty equipment in dirty settings. They destroy their veins. They destroy their livers. They destroy their hearts. They get terrible infections. They die as a direct result of these actions, sometimes.

Is that a physiologic response due to opiate administration (in the strictist pharmacological sense), of course not. But it is real life. I've seen it, I've treated it.

you do know that many addicts use clean rigs and even clean the site of injection before shooting, its not easy to buy new needles especially when many pharmacist are reluctant to sell them without a script for insulin and only 10 needles can be bought at a time without a script.

there are even needle exchange programs which people use but aren't always available, I suppose education would reduce these risks by a large amount.

weed helps my long term memory, ****s with my short term memory and uh, what were we talking about?
    If you can't take a joke, supplement misc,female misc, teen misc ----------->
    How to get mod repped: post anywhere but on the misc or just join a rep trad...I mean SEAAAAAAAAAAAAA thread ;)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/doihavepotential

Speak your mind, be honest, be real. We're here to have fun so don't take this place to seriously (srs)

slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100) slimjimmacdim is not very well liked. (-100)
    LOL!!!! no. you are wrong.

brb smoking unlimited marijuana and am fine...brb millions of alcohol related deaths every year. brb destroying lives and families due to alcoholism.

/thread

sure but you gotta have problems already there

for example I had ansxiety and agoraphobia which worsened 10x when I started smoking weed.

ANytime I smoke weed for the next few day all my anxieties worsen

It defiantly worsens my mental health. though I have poor mental state naturally

alcohol is opposite...i feel confident and even next few days I feel groggy at worst not mentally worse..sometimes I feel better. Having had a good night recently

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by eltoro24 View Post
    Wait wat?? Wat?? He died of Acral lentiginous melanoma (Skin Cancer). Found some on his toe and didn't get it removed and got a skin graft. That Skin cancer spread thru his whole body resulting in death.

SO you're saying him smoking crazy blunts got him skin cancer of the toe??

I f-ing love the misc!!!
    I thought he died of lung cancer? I have no idea tbh, it just came to mind when it was mentioned.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***

/thread
    brb completely misunderstanding your post and responding with a retarded non sequitur
    No sir, I don't like it.

Prime Minister of da misc Douche100's Avatar
    Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Douche100 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Josh81 View Post
    what does it feel like?
    it makes me very happy with a light buzz. I sing in the car the whole way to the gym.
    My name is cheryl and I am your daughter.

LECTER neg counter: 16 times! /negs I win! He mad.

eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) eltoro24 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post
    I thought he died of lung cancer? I have no idea tbh, it just came to mind when it was mentioned.
    Well the cancer spread to his lungs, Brain & Stomach but the main source was his toe. Which he refused to get removed due to "Religious Beliefs".

So pretty much cancer of toe not removed went to his brain, lungs & stomach.
    Dodgers!
    BAAA BAA Baa Taaa Taaa Toothy

Originally Posted by eltoro24 View Post
    Well the cancer spread to his lungs, Brain & Stomach but the main source was his toe. Which he refused to get removed due to "Religious Beliefs".

So pretty much cancer of toe not removed went to his brain, lungs & stomach.
    I am now aware, I thought he got cancer of the lungs which then spread all over.

Repped for awareing me.
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***

-----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50) -----------Tobi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For those of you who have anxiety on weed, the reason you are feeling this isn't because the weed itself is producing the anxiety, but rather it produces an intensification into thinking. If your thinking skews toward fear and doubt, you will feel anxious. Some people may fear just smoking marijuana, so obviously that kind of mind set isn't going to have good things happen to them.

Weed is therapeutic because the deep thoughts let you analyze patterns in your life. More important to keeping this in check though is the ability to shut up in your mind, an ability a lot of people take for granted (and one of the key abilities in meditation). Once you learn to quiet the mind, fear and doubt lose their power, and then all you have left is the amazing power of weed to see patterns where previously you saw none. Intelligence? Perhaps. It certainly won't give you raw knowledge, but the ability to discern patterns and dissect information is a useful skill to have, and may in fact be the truest form of intelligence there is, depending on your point of view.

Those of you who choose to live in fear and doubt and not actually research these things are doing themselves a great disservice. Don't get me wrong, nobody NEEDS weed to live or to live a great life. And when you do smoke/vape/eat it, focus is required to reap the maximum benefits. You slowly begin to learn when to listen and when to silence the mind. Then, those patterns of thinking carry forward into the real world. Suddenly, your confidence is huge, you can tell what people are really saying when they talk to you, and so forth.

Those who are lazy, slovenly, and constantly hungry on weed are only emphasizing a lack of ability to control those qualities within them. Those who fight past their desires and focus on the high rather than the bodily urges that crop up reap the greatest rewards.
    Tobi is a good boy.

r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) r0bo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Chronic administration of escalating doses ofmorphine leads to neuroadaptive changes precipitating development of tolerance to many of the acute effects of morphine, such as analgesia, activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis and suppression of immune cell activities. Interestingly, morphine tolerance has also been shown to be accompanied by heightened immunosuppressive effects of restraint stress using a rodent model. These observations have led to the hypothesis that the altered neuronal state accompanying opioid tolerance may contribute to this enhanced immune sensitivity to stress. To further test this hypothesis using different stressors, Sprague-Dawley rats were treated chronically with morphine for at least 8 days and then challenged with either psychological (water stress) or systemic stressors [morphine withdrawal, lipopolysaccharide (10 mug/kg i.p. challenge)]. It was found that, independent of the type of stress employed, morphine-tolerant animals displayed significantly lower mitogen-stimulated blood lymphocyte responses when compared to the responses of similarly treated saline controls. To determine whether direct activation of central stress pathways may also lead to enhanced immune sensitivity, morphine-tolerant animals were centrally injected with IL-1beta (1 ng/mul i.c.v.), a cytokine that activates the HPA axis by central mechanisms. Similar to the other types of stress, this direct central challenge was also found to be more immunosuppressive in morphine-tolerant animals compared to controls. Collectively, these studies demonstrate that morphine-tolerant animals have an enhanced susceptibility to the debilitating effects of a variety of stressors on immune cell function, an effect that is likely due to the neuroadaptive changes that develop during chronic morphine exposure.

Toll-like receptor 2 (TLR2), a key immune receptor in the TLR family, is widely expressed in various systems, including the immune and nervous systems and plays a critical role in controlling innate and adaptive immune responses. We previously reported that opioids inhibit cell growth and trigger apoptosis. However, the underlying mechanism by which TLR2 mediates apoptosis in response to opioids is not yet known. Here we show that chronic morphine treatment in primary neurons dramatically increased the expression of TLR2 at both the messenger RNA and protein levels. In addition, TLR2 deficiency significantly inhibited chronic morphine-induced apoptosis in primary neurons. Activation of caspase-3 after morphine treatment is impaired in TLR2 deficient primary neurons. Moreover, morphine treatment failed to induce an increased level of phosphorylated glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta (GSK3beta) in TLR2 deficient primary neurons, suggesting an involvement of GSK3beta in morphine-mediated TLR2 signaling. These results thus demonstrate that opioids prime neurons to undergo apoptosis by inducing TLR2 expression. Our data suggest that inhibition of TLR2 is capable of preventing opioids-induced damage to neurons.

We have examined the effects of acute or chronic morphine and naltrexone-precipitated withdrawal on mouse brain apoptotic cell death. The associated changes in the expression of apoptosis regulatory proteins were also analyzed. After a single dose of morphine, no apoptotic cells were detected by TUNEL or active caspase-3 immunocytochemistry. Concurrently, a down-regulation of the proapoptotic proteins FasL and Bad was detected in cortical lysates. On the other hand, the brains of chronic-morphine-treated mice and abstinent mice exhibited scattered apoptotic neurons and astrocytes throughout the brain. This neurotoxic effect was accompanied by up-regulation of the proapoptotic proteins FasL, Fas, and Bad and the active fragments of caspases-8 and -3 in cortical and hippocampal lysates. Abstinent mice also displayed a reduced expression of the antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2. No changes on t-Bid expression were detected under any experimental condition. These results suggest a neurotoxic effect exerted by chronic, but not acute, morphine and its withdrawal by activating both the intrinsic and the extrinsic apoptotic pathways. The possible clinical implications of our findings are discussed.

opioids aren't exactly kind to your body ;/

YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) YUL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LikeEmThik View Post
    This. Too lazy to read whole thread, but there's no possible way anyone could actually believe that drinking is safer than marijuana, right? You idiots know marijuana can be eaten as well as vaporized which eliminates the only possible downside of cannabis?
    well, you can get liver transplant surgery. brain transplant surgery from too many burnt out neurons due to weed is not so easy
    ----------------------
    ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆
    je me souviens