Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Gainer vs Protein Shake Post Workout

So heres what i take:

BSN True Mass- 3/4 times a day

Mono Creatine- During Workout

Muscletech Celltech- 2 times a day

but my real question is i have always been the skinny type of kid and now i have started lifting properly (5 times a week for the last 2 weeks) and will be continuing to do so for a while, is the weight gainer i am using sufficient enough to use as a post workout shake as well or should i get a separate whey protein shake?

i also eat like a mother- now all good protein and that so any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys

Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should get some real pure Whey Protein because it absorbs much faster than the mix of protein and carbs in the weight gainer shake (whey protein can appear in the blood in less around 15 minutes) and a quick shot of protein is what your body needs directly after a workout. You could take the weightgainer 15-30 min later though.

EDIT: Also, lifting 5 times a week isn't "lifting properly" when you're first starting out. Thats just called over doing it.
    "There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still."
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I'll be back"
    -Arnold

I rep back!

Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Str8Flush12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Characins View Post
    You should get some real pure Whey Protein because it absorbs much faster than the mix of protein and carbs in the weight gainer shake (whey protein can appear in the blood in less around 15 minutes) and a quick shot of protein is what your body needs directly after a workout. You could take the weightgainer 15-30 min later though.

EDIT: Also, lifting 5 times a week isn't "lifting properly" when you're first starting out. Thats just called over doing it.
    i am new here but i think i just repped you thanks heaps dude really appreciate it. But if i can ask another quick question do i continue taking weight gainer like 3/4 times a day

EDIT: I have lifted for 3 years on and off so i have done programs and that

Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Characins has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Str8Flush12 View Post
    i am new here but i think i just repped you thanks heaps dude really appreciate it. But if i can ask another quick question do i continue taking weight gainer like 3/4 times a day
    When you say 3/4 times a day do you mean three quarters of a shake a day a full shake or 3 or 4 times a day?
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I'll be back"
    -Arnold

I rep back!

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i vote weight gainer.
    Your body needs more than protein after a workout, lots of calories, made up of a lot of protein, carb, and fat.

Funny how people think all they need is a simple protein shake post workout.

After im done lifting, all i try to do is to get some protein carbohydrate and fat into my belly, thats the kind mindset you need after your done lifting. Dont simply think that a whey protein shake is all you need.

At the very least, eat a large meal with whey after training.

When you say 3/4 times a day do you mean three quarters of a shake a day a full shake or 3 or 4 times a day?
    haha sorry dude 3 or 4 times a day should have been more clear

Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    i vote weight gainer.
    Your body needs more than protein after a workout, lots of calories, made up of a lot of protein, carb, and fat.

Funny how people think all they need is a simple protein shake post workout.

After im done lifting, all i try to do is to get some protein carbohydrate and fat into my belly, thats the kind mindset you need after your done lifting. Dont simply think that a whey protein shake is all you need.

At the very least, eat a large meal with whey after training.
    Yeah i have the weight gainer now pretty much straight after and come home and eat a solid meal i just didnt know about absortion into blood etc of weight gainers compared to a simple whey formula thanks heaps for your opinion

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You take creatine mono and celltech...
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

Originally Posted by Zincton View Post
    You take creatine mono and celltech...
    only cause i thought i would save some cell tech but do you think its better than having mono during workout

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    only cause i thought i would save some cell tech but do you think its better than having mono during workout
    Cell tech IS creatine mono.

I vote for the gainer as well.

Lol @ 30 minute anabolic window or whatever to get protein into the blood.

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Don't buy celltech anymore, too expensive and you can spend the money elsewhere. Mono is all you need. You don't need any creatine during your workouts, it's not going to dramatically increase anything.

In fact it doesn't even matter when you take it, just space it out throughout the day.
    Focus more on food than expensive supps, they're not worth the money

Cajun I'm coming at you bro. I want a study lol. I'm pretty sure protein immediately post workout is pretty important. Starts protein synthesis doesn't it?
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000) CajunPballer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zincton View Post
    Don't buy celltech anymore, too expensive and you can spend the money elsewhere. Mono is all you need. You don't need any creatine during your workouts, it's not going to dramatically increase anything.

In fact it doesn't even matter when you take it, just space it out throughout the day.
    Focus more on food than expensive supps, they're not worth the money

Cajun I'm coming at you bro. I want a study lol. I'm pretty sure protein immediately post workout is pretty important. Starts protein synthesis doesn't it?
    Yes, but it's not going to make the difference between gains or no gains.

I also prefer either a gainer or a whey blend post workout because the whey isolates will be absorbed first, then the longer lasting proteins will be broken down and absorbed. Combined with some carbs and fats that supplies the protein and energy for a good long while before I can get another meal in. As ALWAYS, PRE workout protein and carbs, and fats, is FAR more important than post. You could wait an hour, hell even two before eating after a workout and you'll be fine. The best way is to consume a liquid containing carbs and protein, then an hour and a half later a solid meal. You already know this. HOWEVER, Alan Aragon recently released a new article about the possibility of post workout carbs being counterproductive. I've been meaning to read it, but I haven't gotten around to it.

They didn't always have protein shakes, and yet people still managed to get hench. I think we could all get very good gains without any form of whey ever.

thanks heaps guys really helped a noob like me out alot

My point being, so long as pre workout nutrition is solid, there is no need for a supposedly "fast" source of protein.

You can't argue that a fast source of protein isn't beneficial both post workout and peri workout. Not saying that a weight gainer isn't great, but only after a solid whey protein shake. Adding the carbs into it from the weight gainer slows absorbtion.
    -Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I'll be back"
    -Arnold

I rep back!

Meh, I guess your right. Idk hard to beleive what nearly every bodybuilder has told me is wrong. Lol.

I usually drink a glass of milk pre workout, or eat a big meal like 30mins before. I like feeling full, makes me feel bigger when I lift.

Always drink a blend of proteins and carbs and fats. If it's just whey I usually have a rice Cake and a banana with it.

I'm gonna keep doing it lol, worked fine for me all this time

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't argue that a fast source of protein isn't beneficial both post workout and peri workout. Not saying that a weight gainer isn't great, but only after a solid whey protein shake. Adding the carbs into it from the weight gainer slows absorbtion.
    A solid whey protein shake? About 100 calories, 23 grams of protein, and 2 grams of carbs.

lol, thats real solid, i bet im going to get huge from that (sarcastic)

Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    A solid whey protein shake? About 100 calories, 23 grams of protein, and 2 grams of carbs.

lol, thats real solid, i bet im going to get huge from that (sarcastic)
    This. It's always the ppl who nitpick everything and beleive every stupid scientific study out there that never grow. Tell me exactly how fast the absorbtion rate is slowed?

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

Even if the carbs do slow down the absorption, the effect would be miniscule. And your body needs carbs, not just protein, so a protein shake wont suffice for post workout.

Im sure my body completely matabolizes the protein shake in 15 minutes, then my body still needs carbohydrate, and more protein.

ARGGHGHGHGHGHG!!! So the **** what?! Who cares? Stop believing the supplement company bull ****. You do NOT need rapidly absorbing proteins as soon as you drop the weight on your last set. Our bodies are far more complex and have been capable of packing on mass without whey protein for millions of years.

Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Simba55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So heres what i take:

BSN True Mass- 3/4 times a day

Mono Creatine- During Workout

Muscletech Celltech- 2 times a day

but my real question is i have always been the skinny type of kid and now i have started lifting properly (5 times a week for the last 2 weeks) and will be continuing to do so for a while, is the weight gainer i am using sufficient enough to use as a post workout shake as well or should i get a separate whey protein shake?

i also eat like a mother- now all good protein and that so any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys

Dude, with all that, just drink a gallon of 1% milk a day, train your effing ass off, sleep more. You will make gains. Supplements should be just that, a supplement. Focus more on eating, drink some protein blend with milk after your workout; you're solid.