Focx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

does the HIIT really work for fat loss ?

Hi, I simply wanted to ask if the HIIT really works for fat loss ? And if this is a good HIIT program :

5 min warmup jog
    15sec sprint
    30sec jog
    45sec sprint
    1 min jog
    1min 15sec sprint

... etcaetera

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What really works is to eat less....that 150 cals burnt during hiit is almost negligible in the whole picture

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Agree with the above. HIIT will help but of utmost importance is being in a consistent calorie deficit.

Any type of activity in conjunction with a calorie deficit will assist in fat loss.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Focx View Post
    Hi, I simply wanted to ask if the HIIT really works for fat loss ? And if this is a good HIIT program :

5 min warmup jog
    15sec sprint
    30sec jog
    45sec sprint
    1 min jog
    1min 15sec sprint

... etcaetera
    I agree with what others have said, HIIT is great for cardio fitness, but it isn't any magical exercise for fat loss. It's just burning a few extra calories, which may help you lose an extra pound or two a month.

imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imktom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think HIIT is very good for fat loss, but as others before posted - eating right is most important part of it. I also are doing HIIT and here you can see my results after around 35 days doing HIIT
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125782763

Originally Posted by mikelog View Post
    HIIT is great for cardio fitness, but it isn't any magical exercise for fat loss. It's just burning a few extra calories, which may help you lose an extra pound or two a month.
    Then what would be good workout/exercise for fat loss?

Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100) Suy is not very well liked. (-100)
    i have a question for those people who replied in this thread:

i already don't eat a LOT, my dad is a doctor and i told him to calculate my calorie intake. on days when i ate normal amount, it was 1500 kcal and when i ate a little extra, it was 2000 kcal.

it was a different story when i actually gained the weight about 3 years back, cuz i realize i was living on junk food back then!

but now i feel my diet is pretty okay, considering the 1500-2000kcal thing! (correct me if i'm wrong)

so what should i do? i wish to lose 10kg (22lbs).

mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikelog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by imktom View Post
    I think HIIT is very good for fat loss, but as others before posted - eating right is most important part of it. I also are doing HIIT and here you can see my results after around 35 days doing HIIT
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=125782763

Then what would be good workout/exercise for fat loss?
    Sorry, I didn't mean that is wasn't good for fat loss, I just meant that I never lost weight any faster doing HIIT than just plain jogging. It is just a matter of preference as to what type of cardio you enjoy doing, swimming, biking, elliptical, etc. They all will help you lose weight. What really matters is picking one you enjoy doing and sticking with it long term.

305to155 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Listen to what these guys are saying...it's what your not eating that counts - ya dig?
    9/15/10 - Week 1: 305
    9/22/10 - Week 2: 293
    9/29/10 - Week 3: 291
    10/6/10 - Week 4: 286
    10/13/10 - Week 5: 283
    10/20/10 - Week 6: 280
    10/27/10 - Week 7: 279
    11/3/10 - Week 8: 279
    11/10/10 - Week 9: 277 (-28) lbs

Do it because they say you can't!

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's a good workout/exercise for fat loss?

A good workout program for fat loss would be one that sufficiently strengthens the major muscle groups of the chest, back, arms, shoulders, legs, thighs, abs, and glutes, within at least 8 exercises. Compound lifts are the most beneficial - they utilize the most muscles, which thus creates more of a calorie expenditure. For example, instead of doing a bicep curl which is an isolation exercise, you can do a lat pull or pull-ups, which sufficiently work the biceps along with your back, burning more calories. More of a calorie deficit = better chance of fat loss.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    Compound lifts are the most beneficial - they utilize the most muscles, which thus creates more of a calorie expenditure.
    ^^Great advice. Repped.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Chris1987 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I wouldnt suggest ramping up the times when doing HIIT as your meant to be pushing yourself to your limit with each sprint.

So say you are doing HIIT for 15mins start walking at a comfortable pace for 1min then sprint as fast as you can for 1min keep repeating till the 15mins are up. You will feel like **** and be blowing gas by the end of it but that is what HIIT is meant to do push you to your limit so you burn more calories in a shorter space of time.

Also suggest if your using a treadmill ot have a 2.5% incline to make it a little more like running on the road.

I normally do HIIT after my workouts and sometimes on off days Ill do 15mins HIIT and 30-45mins LISS.

PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PR1MO has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Chris1987 View Post
    I wouldnt suggest ramping up the times when doing HIIT as your meant to be pushing yourself to your limit with each sprint.

So say you are doing HIIT for 15mins start walking at a comfortable pace for 1min then sprint as fast as you can for 1min keep repeating till the 15mins are up. You will feel like **** and be blowing gas by the end of it but that is what HIIT is meant to do push you to your limit so you burn more calories in a shorter space of time.

Also suggest if your using a treadmill ot have a 2.5% incline to make it a little more like running on the road.

I normally do HIIT after my workouts and sometimes on off days Ill do 15mins HIIT and 30-45mins LISS.
    HIIT is meant to be all-out effort, sprinting as hard as you can. You can't sprint for 1min, you will have to go less than all out to last the minute therefore making it less effective. 15 seconds is probably ideal.

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    HIIT kicks my ass harder than anything else, ever. I love it... and in conjunction with a calorie deficit as others have said, there's no way you couldn't lose weight...