Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

does cardio affect muscle gain?

Im sure this has been answered before but i was wondering if cardio affected muscle gain

Im currently 6'4 and 260 lbs been working out for about 4 weeks 3-4 times per week

usually everyday after i lift i do 10 mins of hard cardio on a bike or rowing machine

I lift heavy for my main lifts 4 or 5 sets of 4-6 depending on lift.

I feel like i have a good 20-30 lbs of fat weight i can lose however im also trying to gain muscle weight

I am currently not taking anything but i am on a high protein low cal/carb diet

Am i doing this right? my target weight is 230

any advice/corrections would be much appreciated

thanks

Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Aerogauge is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I would just cut the cardio if I was you, it is not needed to lose weight, just lift heavy and intense and you will get the results you want. And stick to your diet.

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Viking_Hunter View Post
    Im sure this has been answered before but i was wondering if cardio affected muscle gain

Im currently 6'4 and 260 lbs been working out for about 4 weeks 3-4 times per week

usually everyday after i lift i do 10 mins of hard cardio on a bike or rowing machine

I lift heavy for my main lifts 4 or 5 sets of 4-6 depending on lift.

I feel like i have a good 20-30 lbs of fat weight i can lose however im also trying to gain muscle weight

I am currently not taking anything but i am on a high protein low cal/carb diet

Am i doing this right? my target weight is 230

any advice/corrections would be much appreciated

thanks
    Do HIIT a couple times a week. Are you on a calorie deficit?

Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Viking_Hunter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by retiredrunner View Post
    Do HIIT a couple times a week. Are you on a calorie deficit?
    not really... Im not on a super strict diet i just used to eat like **** so now im trying to cut my caloric intake and eat better carbs + more protein

unless diet is that crucial

retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000) retiredrunner is a name known to all. (+5000)
    not really... Im not on a super strict diet i just used to eat like **** so now im trying to cut my caloric intake and eat better carbs + more protein

Diet is everything. You don't have to be super OCD about it, just figure out what your maintenance count is at and go from there.. if you want to lose fat while retaining as much LBM as possible (like anyone wouldn't, huh. lol), create a deficit of around 500kcal a day and make sure you have enough protein.. HIIT would probably be a better cardio option for that too

Diet is everything. You don't have to be super OCD about it, just figure out what your maintenance count is at and go from there.. if you want to lose fat while retaining as much LBM as possible (like anyone wouldn't, huh. lol), create a deficit of around 500kcal a day and make sure you have enough protein.. HIIT would probably be a better cardio option for that too
    stupid question but what is HIIT

Natty, Umad brah? Backtothestack's Avatar
    Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500) Backtothestack is not very helpful. (-500)
    high intensity interval training

ex: 3.5-4.5mph for 1 min then up for 7.5-8.5 for another min. rinse and repeat

the speed can vary, its mostly all about heart rate manipulation, so whatever it takes to raise it to your max fat burning zone then back down again
    Colorblind. Reps are for the gym.

tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tksforlife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agreed. a good site is myfitnesspal. its free. and if you have a iphone it goes with you also it can recommend ur cal intake but I like to calculate my own.

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x lean bodyweight in kg)

UH OH! MATH!! :P
    What is important is to keep learning, to enjoy challenge, and to tolerate ambiguity. In the end there are no certain answers. - Martina Horner

Had to create a new profile...rep me up if I'm of help. THX!

trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trwilli24 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

lol yea diet is that crucial man. eat smart and work out consistently and results will come, it's that simple.

ICH lieben diesen Scheiß colu41's Avatar
    colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) colu41 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Just adding to the pot.....

Diet and lift heavy.....=D

When I first started my cut I was doing 30 minutes of cardio every other day. I stopped running, now I'm doing heavy lifting 4x a week, and P90X the other 3, and am losing just as much weight and still keeping most of my muscle mass.
    June 28, 2010 (My Starting Cut Date) Weighing @ 240

Current: 160 lbs

alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10) alperpolat is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    HIIT Workout 1
    Work to Rest Ratio – 1:1
    Run hard for 2 minutes; walk for 2 minutes; repeat 5 times

HIIT Workout 2
    Work to Rest Ration – 1:2
    Sprint for 30 seconds; walk for 60 seconds; repeat 10-12 times

HIIT Workout 3
    Work to Rest Ratio- 1:2
    Sprint 20 seconds; walk 40 seconds; repeat 12-15 times

HIIT Workout 4