My_Master has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do deadlifts and squats increase your waist size?

I like doing deadlifts and think they are great exercises and I think squats are like the king of exercises. The thing is, I'm trying to get a trim waist and get like a nice V-tape going and if these exercises do increase my waist side I think I might tone down on them. Maybe not squats because squats are like my favorite exercises and its like a one hitter quitter exercise for me in that I feel not only my quads but my hamstrings, calves and lower back get worked in unison and get a really good workout at that. Plus, I don't want to have chicken legs and a big upper body, that just annoys me to even think about it.

However, I just really don't want bulk my waist size too much and I'm really aiming to have that nice V-tape look.

Thanks.

Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    They should not increase your waist size at all.
    Last edited by Halrawk; 09-25-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Added not.
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing you will be successful."

robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I believe he meant should not*

Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Halrawk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I sure did mean should not, I edited the post to read correctly. My bad
    "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing you will be successful."

What isle is the mayo on? Nate2010's Avatar
    Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I swear people become more stupid as time passes.
    Heres and idea, you know that thing at the top of your screen its square and says "search" on it. Yeah there you go, you see it? Why dont you actually use that damn thing and quit expecting people to feed you like your a damn baby. I here people say the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.....that is a lie. 395/520/650 from 3" deficit @235.

Originally Posted by Nate2010 View Post
    I swear people become more stupid as time passes.
    Okay macho man. Listen, its just a simple question, I'm not an expertise at weight lifting and I just want to know what the deal is. Its stupid, condescending meat heads like you who I can't stand and love to embarrass at sparring and grappling sessions. This is why we have forums, pal.

What isle is the mayo on? Nate2010's Avatar
    Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nate2010 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by My_Master View Post
    Okay macho man. Listen, its just a simple question, I'm not an expertise at weight lifting and I just want to know what the deal is. Its stupid, condescending meat heads like you who I can't stand and love to embarrass at sparring and grappling sessions. This is why we have forums, pal.
    DAMn....u mad.

Check this tater-tot.

If you would have used a little bit of self-initiative, and typed dat dere question of yours in dat dere seach bar up there, you would have indeed come to the conclusion that such excercises are primary mass buildiers, and will indeed harbor weight loss if used in conjunction with a diet mildly low in calories.

Assuming you have done so, and still asked the question in question, one could only assume you are indeed a dumb ass.

Also, not sure how sparring and grappling session play any relevance on a bodybuilding forum. Do you see my happy ass on a MMA forum asking stupid questions, if I were, Im sure you would be there to refute me.

now just calm down tater-tot.
    Heres and idea, you know that thing at the top of your screen its square and says "search" on it. Yeah there you go, you see it? Why dont you actually use that damn thing and quit expecting people to feed you like your a damn baby. I here people say the only stupid question is the one you didnt ask.....that is a lie. 395/520/650 from 3" deficit @235.

Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Smithers115 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well they in actuality will increase waist size, years heavy deads and squats will add size to the core muscles due to hypertrophy.... I wouldnt worry too much about it OP as its not going to be that noticeable. Charles Glass talked about this in a somewhat recent (within the year) issue of MD, where he hypothesized bodybuilders who used belts had tighter waists, due to the fact that the belt helped stabilizing the core, and stopped muscle recruitment.
    Great MAGA King status

Bing Chilling

F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10) F1eld is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    However, I just really don't want bulk my waist size too much and I'm really aiming to have that nice V-tape look.

Thanks.
    well what you could also consider is trying to make your lats and shoulders a bit huger and then it will make your bulky waist appear smaller

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    DAMn....u mad.

Check this tater-tot.

If you would have used a little bit of self-initiative, and typed dat dere question of yours in dat dere seach bar up there, you would have indeed come to the conclusion that such excercises are primary mass buildiers, and will indeed harbor weight loss if used in conjunction with a diet mildly low in calories.

Assuming you have done so, and still asked the question in question, one could only assume you are indeed a dumb ass.

Also, not sure how sparring and grappling session play any relevance on a bodybuilding forum. Do you see my happy ass on a MMA forum asking stupid questions, if I were, Im sure you would be there to refute me.

Lulz didn't you know breh on the interwebz everyone is an MMA/UFC/Blood Sport(yes van dam reference) champion!!!! Not sure who is losing all these matches though??? Everyone that posts in these forums win....
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    DAMn....u mad.
    He mad, macho man.

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

"I lift sometimes" Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135413181

DAMn....u mad.

Check this tater-tot.

The difference between me and you is that I'm a gentlemen and respect people who otherwise might be not be initiated into the domain I am into. If you came to me with any genuine question on MMA, wrestling/grappling/BJJ, karate, kickboxing, sambo anything I am familiar with I would answer your question with kindness and not condescend on you. I'll educate people and I like to be educated on something I don't know, not be called stupid.

So go eat your raw eggs, do your push ups and take your roids, "tater-tot".

Originally Posted by Smithers115 View Post
    Well they in actuality will increase waist size, years heavy deads and squats will add size to the core muscles due to hypertrophy.... I wouldnt worry too much about it OP as its not going to be that noticeable. Charles Glass talked about this in a somewhat recent (within the year) issue of MD, where he hypothesized bodybuilders who used belts had tighter waists, due to the fact that the belt helped stabilizing the core, and stopped muscle recruitment.
    Thanks, yeah I was thinking that. I noticed how bodybuilders (especially back in the days of Arnold to guys like Stanley Hane 70's early 90's) who would do HEAVY squats and deadlifts but still had that awesome V-tape shape.

SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50) SW1FT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    there is no such thing as a stupid ?

PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PJMunh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    wait...so...bb.com isn't about getting big anymore?
    sh!t...

"Mind is everything"

Misc Golf Crew

"I lift sometimes" Training Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135413181

robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50) robertltam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The difference between me and you is that I'm a gentlemen and respect people who otherwise might be not be initiated into the domain I am into. If you came to me with any genuine question on MMA, wrestling/grappling/BJJ, karate, kickboxing, sambo anything I am familiar with I would answer your question with kindness and not condescend on you. I'll educate people and I like to be educated on something I don't know, not be called stupid.

While I am mostly on your side with this(you could have used to search bar, however real people answers are always better to me and I see where you are coming from), it is important to note 1 in 30,00 eggs contains salmonella...eating them raw you'll hit that 30,000th one eventually, so bad idea. It goes without mentioning roids are a bad idea unless you have made up your mind and all you wanna do is get as huge as possible and don't give a damn about the health-related risks. Also important to note push-ups aren't a very good mass builder and that guy didn't get that damn big of those alone. I'm just saying.......

Has bigger from too tho ShreddPain's Avatar
    ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ShreddPain is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    yes deadlifts and squats combined with 10kcals a day will increase your waist size