Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Vascularity and keto

Hello. I've been doing keto for three and a half weeks now, though I'm not sure if lower than 40 grams of carbohydrates per day is working well enough... I haven't noticed too many things yet in terms of just weight (I've only been lifting, may start some cardio soon). However, I have a question about vascularity. It is supposed to decrease when you're doing keto? I never had much in the first place, though as time has progressed while I've been doing keto, I can feel more veins just beneath my skin, a few of which bump out just slightly now. What's going on?

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Well, if you are noticing more veins under your skin, it means that you are losing fat, thats why you are noticing more vascularity. Remember what covers the veins is fat under your skin. So that is a trait of fat loss. By the way do you cardio like walking or jogging?

Originally Posted by Xihix View Post
    Hello. I've been doing keto for three and a half weeks now, though I'm not sure if lower than 40 grams of carbohydrates per day is working well enough... I haven't noticed too many things yet in terms of just weight (I've only been lifting, may start some cardio soon). However, I have a question about vascularity. It is supposed to decrease when you're doing keto? I never had much in the first place, though as time has progressed while I've been doing keto, I can feel more veins just beneath my skin, a few of which bump out just slightly now. What's going on?
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10) Xihix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by cyclistgod View Post
    Well, if you are noticing more veins under your skin, it means that you are losing fat, thats why you are noticing more vascularity. Remember what covers the veins is fat under your skin. So that is a trait of fat loss. By the way do you cardio like walking or jogging?

I used to run a lot. Back when I was really obese and just trying to get in a better place (this was over two years ago and 50 pounds heavier), I ran about fives nearly every day. I can probably jog a good bit, though I have to get used to it again I guess.

I am going to assume that having a low heart rate helped me a bit back then. My resting heart rate was like 30 something, though I found out later that was due to rather severe hypothyroidism.

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you feel too tired because of the diet, you can also try walking at a fast speed. Walking for fitness at a fast speed burns about 400 to 500 calories per hour, and the good thing about walking is that it won't increase hunger too much like running. By the way i also have hypothyroidism, and that's why i have to walk and bikeride 5 days a week.

Originally Posted by Xihix View Post
    I used to run a lot. Back when I was really obese and just trying to get in a better place (this was over two years ago and 50 pounds heavier), I ran about fives nearly every day. I can probably jog a good bit, though I have to get used to it again I guess.

I am going to assume that having a low heart rate helped me a bit back then. My resting heart rate was like 30 something, though I found out later that was due to rather severe hypothyroidism.
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    on keto days, i have no veins what soever
    on carb up days, dam... veins are popping out everywhere, my body heating up the whole night to maybe compensate with the veins

Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jakefit332 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's supposed to increase when you lose fat and water, but when you put some carbs(esp. sugars) in your system, it'll become even more pronounced.

RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50) RippedChic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    having more muscle and less body fat can make them more prominent.. probably the case here