RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cooked Sweet Potatoes in Smoothies

I just saw a sticky thread suggesting throwing in cooked sweet potatoes in a smoothie. What a great idea.

This sounds very convenient. I could cook 5 sweet potatoes on a Sunday and add them in smoothies in the week ahead.

Does anyone else do this? Should I leave the skin on? I eat my sweet potatoes with skin on, but not sure about the skin in smoothies.

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RJFindlay View Post
    I just saw a sticky thread suggesting throwing in cooked sweet potatoes in a smoothie. What a great idea.

This sounds very convenient. I could cook 5 sweet potatoes on a Sunday and add them in smoothies in the week ahead.

Does anyone else do this? Should I leave the skin on? I eat my sweet potatoes with skin on, but not sure about the skin in smoothies.
    Whats stopping you? Sounds good to me. It will be smoother wthout the skin.

RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RJFindlay has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nakkiz View Post
    Whats stopping you? Sounds good to me. It will be smoother wthout the skin.
    Does the baked sweet potatoe lose any it's nutrient value being blended into a smoothie?

Is 2 smoothies and 3 solid meals as good as 5 solid meals day?

nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) nakkiz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RJFindlay View Post
    Does the baked sweet potatoe lose any it's nutrient value being blended into a smoothie?

Is 2 smoothies and 3 solid meals as good as 5 solid meals day?
    The sweet potato will lose some fiber if you blend it without the skin.

If the two smoothies are protein rich, and you still meet all your macros, micros and fiber intake, then yes.