Stuie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Decline push ups??

Just a quick question because i read on various webpages and it varies. Which muscles are worked when doing decline push ups? Which part of the chest is worked too? Upper or lower?? I always thought it was the upper pecs that are worked. Could someone please clarify all the muscles worked please. Cheers

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    Just a quick question because i read on various webpages and it varies. Which muscles are worked when doing decline push ups? Which part of the chest is worked too? Upper or lower?? I always thought it was the upper pecs that are worked. Could someone please clarify all the muscles worked please. Cheers

I believe your refering to pushups with your feet elevated.... That works your upper chest muscle. Pushups work the lower chest muscle. Wide grip pushups work the lower chest but widens it. Close grip will work the triceps. That should help you out !

Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    I believe your refering to pushups with your feet elevated.... That works your upper chest muscle. Pushups work the lower chest muscle. Wide grip pushups work the lower chest but widens it. Close grip will work the triceps. That should help you out !
    Cheers that helps alot mate

John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) John1593 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    upper

I'm currently doing decline push ups (Elevating feet) which is good but i think my lower chest is lacking because of this.

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    decline pushup = assisted dip
    incline pushup is feet elevated
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Stuie View Post
    I'm currently doing decline push ups (Elevating feet) which is good but i think my lower chest is lacking because of this.
    Dont just use one pushup variation.... You got to mix it up with different ones. Always be sure to work the upper and lower, do a few sets of different variations.... I would recommend feet elevated pushups, explosive normal pushups, and dips leaning over.

Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    Dont just use one pushup variation.... You got to mix it up with different ones. Always be sure to work the upper and lower, do a few sets of different variations.... I would recommend feet elevated pushups, explosive normal pushups, and dips leaning over.
    Thanks for the help i'll try them and see how it goes! Cheers again