kitkatfan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stubborn belly fat!!! helpp

Hey there, thats my first time on this forum, be nice folks.lol

Okay, So I'm 21, 6ft and weight 64kg, so I'm rather slim but far from skinny. Anyway, my lower abdomen pokes out and its really disgraceful to me. Its not terrible, but it breaks the whole image. I dont want to get all buffed up, just lose that stubborn fat, I do go to the gym like 2-3 times a week, mainly for cardio and maintaining fitness. How can I lose that fat and get fabulous abs Jessica Alba's style????? I'll admit that I have no restriction when it comes to food, I eat as I please since I dont gain weight by stuffing myself!!!

PS: I am one of those people who just dont gain weight rapidly, after giving birth to my son, I didnt even need to do any drastic diet or anything at all, seemed like I was only gaining weight where baby was growing, despite the love I have for my lil one, he left me with a rather unwanted gift aka, belly fat!!!
    Last edited by kitkatfan; 09-22-2010 at 04:56 AM.

nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nunu713 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kitkatfan View Post
    Hey there, thats my first time on this forum, be nice folks.lol

Okay, So I'm 21, 6ft and weight 64kg, so I'm rather slim but far from skinny. Anyway, my lower abdomen pokes out and its really disgraceful to me. Its not terrible, but it breaks the whole image. I dont want to get all buffed up, just lose that stubborn fat, I do go to the gym like 2-3 times a week, mainly for cardio and maintaining fitness. How can I lose that fat and get fabulous abs Jessica Alba's style????? I'll admit that I have no restriction when it comes to food, I eat as I please since I dont gain weight by stuffing myself!!!

PS: I am one of those people who just dont gain weight rapidly, after giving birth to my son, I didnt even need to do any drastic diet or anything at all, seemed like I was only gaining weight where baby was growing, despite the love I have for my lil one, he left me with a rather unwanted gift aka, belly fat!!!

Okay, here's the deal. Seeing muscle definition (which is basically what you mean by 'Jessica Alba abs' is all about dropping body fat. In order to drop fat, you need to create a calorie deficit. This can be done in several ways:
    1) eat fewer calories
    2) exercise more
    3) a combination of 1) and 2)
    As you may guess, #3 is the best. It sounds like you don't really have a diet or workout plan. You say you eat as you please, and you go to the gym and do mainly cardio. Do you lift weights at all? If not, you may want to start thinking about it, because one of the benefits of weight training is that your body continues to burn calories long after you've finished.

What I would recommend is start logging your food intake. Don't change it, just write it down, so you can see what you're eating, how much you're eating, etc. at your maintainance level (which is where you're at because you say you eat but you don't gain weight). Then, when you've got a good grip on that, slowly drop your calores - maybe by 100-300/day to start. Work in some weight training - talk to a trainer if you're not sure what to do or how to use the machines.

Stick with that for a good 8 weeks or so and see how you're doing. Just so you know (and not to burst your bubble), ab definition is usually the last thing to come through. You'll get there if you stick with it, but don't expect to be doing this for a week or 10 days and expect your abs to magically appear.

Good luck!
    Hi, my name is Ellen, and I'm a peanut butter addict...

I do this because I can. I can because I want to. I want to because you said I couldn't.

Soundtrack Always Playing DanceDiva's Avatar
    DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanceDiva will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For the metrically-challenged folks: 64 kg ~ 141 lbs @ 6 ft tall is on the low end of normal BMI.

Without seeing a picture, I'd say the cause of this is:

1) How long ago did you have your son? Residual fat from birth
    2) Posture? Do you have anterior pelvic tilt -> Exaggerated curve at the bottom of your back so that your butt pokes out. This can give the appearance of a distended belly
    3) Body composition? Higher bodyfat percentage with low amount of muscle.

#1 May just need some more patience
    #2 Can be made better with attention and maybe some pre-hab exercises.
    #3 May need to go through some bulk/cut cycles to change your body composition

I wouldn't recommend just diving head first into losing weight given your stats. If you could comment on my potential causes, more info would allow others to give a more targeted response.
    -- Keep the Faith Baby (Adam Clayton Powell)

-- "If Plan A is to take multiple .338 shots to the back, you really need to come
    up with a Plan B."

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DanceDiva View Post
    1) How long ago did you have your son? Residual fat from birth
    2) Posture? Do you have anterior pelvic tilt -> Exaggerated curve at the bottom of your back so that your butt pokes out. This can give the appearance of a distended belly
    3) Body composition? Higher bodyfat percentage with low amount of muscle.

#3 May need to go through some bulk/cut cycles to change your body composition
    i agree w/ these things. w/ your stats, you don't want to cut. you'll look emaciated and likely still unhappy w/ your stomach. instead of focusing on cardio, you should be lifting. heavy. compound exercises. you likely need to build the muscle, which is probably lacking. that also might mean eating above maintenance and bulking. and while, again, you shouldn't cut cals, and i get that you're saying you're one of those people who can eat anything and not gain, you might wanna clean up your diet a little. include treats, for sure, but, just for health reasons as well as to build and maintain some muscle...
    also, you should do a search on anterior pelvic tilt, which dancediva mentions. kyleaaron has posted a bunch on it.

Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000) Pinkpower5 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yeah, wow on the weight! I am 5'11" and look pretty darned thin by most people's standards at 148. But my belly is still not where I want it. I have been observing women and realize my standards are super high; most women, even slim and fit ones, do not have flat lower bellies, especially after there have been kids in there. Besides postural issues, the contributing factors include: bloating (so dietary issues need to be addressed), diastasis (separation always caused by pregnancy and usually needing help to reseal, although it can happen to men and women who've never been pg), body fat settling there (this can be linked to stress/cortisol so it's helpful to work on sleep and stress levels), and, well, scary stuff like tumors or other stuff that all the working out in the world would never fix.

Google diastasis and check if you have it. (lie on back, lift head a bit, feel for space in and around belly button) I used the LYMT splint to help fix mine, along with exercises on the DVD. http://www.sobebabies.com/diastasis-...s-rehab-splint

Look at dietary issues. Wheat gets me every time. Avoiding it has helped immensely.

Posture - I am working on it! It's an ongoing process. Being strong helps.

Body fat reduction: lift heavy, about 3x/week, and do HIIT to lower body fat. Drop cardio entirely.
    1st place Winner Turbulence Training Transformation Contest and Venus Index Open Contest
    Winner Venus Index Open Level 2
    Guest Blogger at Venus Index.com

http://www.NaomiRules.com Inspiring Transformations

SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    go to my sig
    How to lose stubborn fat
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127984543