AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000) AJamesE is just really nice. (+1000)

home gym, need help?

I want a home gym, and i've recently got paid (summer job).

I have DB's already, and i'm thinking of buying a cross trainer and multi-gym?

However, i may not buy the cross trainer and buy a better multi, because cardio is'nt that big of a deal anyway. Besides, i have a punch bag hanging up anyway.

what i need is you're advice and reccomendations?

Is there a good quality multi-gym within acceptable parameters of money? (E.g £100-£500?)

Count your calories. houndstoothgrin's Avatar
    houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50) houndstoothgrin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm no expert but if I wanted to make a home gym, I'd probably start with a power/squat rack and a bench.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nothing is more important than a high quality barbell and some olympic weights.... Watch Craigslist for a bargain... maybe you can get a good bench and/or squat rack too. You will have them for the rest of your life so buy quality!
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BullGod has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    All depends on your the space you have to work with. Craigslist is definately the way to go. Just save up some money so you can pounce on the right deal when it comes along. Keep an eye on the listings and be patient and you will find amazing deals come your way. Just buy quality equipt. that will last you a lifetime..no amaturish crap.

VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VincentiT is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't be scared of the iron!! Besides, compounds are all you need anyway. Squat rack and a bench is perfect. What were you gunna get a bowflex? 

williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10) williamshane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by houndstoothgrin View Post
    I'm no expert but if I wanted to make a home gym, I'd probably start with a power/squat rack and a bench.
    Agreed. You need a bench, a barbell and a rack. Squats, bench, deadlifts is all you REALLY need. Military press is great too.

If you can get a chin-up bar those are great too for your back. They can attach to doors and such.

Used online is a great starting place.

Weights are quite expensive if you buy them at a store.