MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Cutting calories by ~200 and running a mile a day = success cutting?

I've never cut before despite bodybuilding for about two years, today is the first time I've ever cut ... I'm an ecto so it hasn't been necessary until now really.

Currently when bulking I work out twice a week and mainly due to muscle memory from when I was healthy enough to work out 5x per week I'm still making gains ... and on a cut I was considering dropping my daily cals by 200 and running about a mile a day which = about 120 calories for me

Will this be sufficient in order to lose fat without losing too much muscle ?

And what will be the effects of muscle memory while I'm cutting? If it could help me maintain my muscle at least while I'm cutting that'd be incredible.

ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10) ReadySetWait is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you want to maintain muscle then keep up with the lifting. Droping your calories by 200 and adding in a mile a day will probably only give you about 1lb or less a week which isint too bad. Adding in a mile a day is probably healthy but it isint necessary for losing weight.

MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MayhemMaker is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ReadySetWait View Post
    If you want to maintain muscle then keep up with the lifting. Droping your calories by 200 and adding in a mile a day will probably only give you about 1lb or less a week which isint too bad. Adding in a mile a day is probably healthy but it isint necessary for losing weight.
    Yes, of course I will keep lifting ... the only reason I'm really running the mile other than the health benefits is because I'm in college so it's far too hard to plan a complex meal plan and stick to it. Though I'd like to make it more exact; for now it's calories in vs. calories out

Bump

Greatest of all Time Brahesthetics's Avatar
    Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes... you will lose some weight if you have a 200 deficit and you run a mile a day.

As long as you're really eating a deficit.

You'll lose more fat if you eat a high protein diet.

Why only 200 calories deficit? Come on bro you can do more than that.
    i wil rep u if i get a chance

Greatest of all Time Brahesthetics's Avatar
    Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000) Brahesthetics is just really nice. (+1000)
    I feel as though if you have such a small deficit, you won't see results for a while, and you won't be happy seeing barely any results from week to week, and will eventually quit.
    i wil rep u if i get a chance

Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kjerski will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Taking it slow will definitly help with maintaining your muscle and strength in the gym but you'd have to have a strict diet and really make sure your counting. It'd be really easy to slip up having that small of a gap. Theres always a margin of error when counting calories, but it seems you've stayed pretty lean through out bulking so my guess is it will work for you. Try it for a month and see what happens, then adjust if needed. Your looking at a pound every 11 days or so IF thats even going to put you in a deficent. Most of the time when you bulk your at a slight excess over your maintance. You need to drop below maintance to loose fat. 200 + a mile doesnt seems like it'd push you over the edge into a deficent.

Originally Posted by Brahesthetics View Post
    Yes... you will lose some weight if you have a 200 deficit and you run a mile a day.

As long as you're really eating a deficit.

You'll lose more fat if you eat a high protein diet.

Why only 200 calories deficit? Come on bro you can do more than that.
    I can do more but I lose muscle pretty easily so I'm tryin to take it easy... and yeah I'm doing high protein medium fat lower carbs, relative to my bulking diet at least

Originally Posted by Brahesthetics View Post
    I feel as though if you have such a small deficit, you won't see results for a while, and you won't be happy seeing barely any results from week to week, and will eventually quit.
    I guess I'll get like a 300 cal deficit + running

I don't run when bulking so 100 cals a day from that = 400 cals a day deficit

Originally Posted by Kjerski View Post
    Taking it slow will definitly help with maintaining your muscle and strength in the gym but you'd have to have a strict diet and really make sure your counting. It'd be really easy to slip up having that small of a gap. Theres always a margin of error when counting calories, but it seems you've stayed pretty lean through out bulking so my guess is it will work for you. Try it for a month and see what happens, then adjust if needed. Your looking at a pound every 11 days or so IF thats even going to put you in a deficent. Most of the time when you bulk your at a slight excess over your maintance. You need to drop below maintance to loose fat. 200 + a mile doesnt seems like it'd push
    you over the edge into a deficent.
    Hmmmmmm well I was hoping to be done with cutting in 2 - 3 weeks maybe I'll cut it a little more.

You guys have any idea the role muscle memory will play here? As I said, eating at a 400 cal deficit while maintaining or possibly even gaining would be epic