CraigBon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Andy Bolton Strength Program

Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new here in terms of posting and wanted to give a little background about myself. I'm 20 years old, 6'2 and 270#. I've been training for 3 years. I started working with Andy Bolton online about 3 months ago and wanted to show some of the progress I've seen. I see everyone on here talking about the pros and cons of various routines and I think a lot of peope could benefit from working with someone like Andy. In the last 3 months this has been the progress:

Bench- Reps with 15 kilos over my best one rep max before, with a close grip!
    Squat- Repping with 20 kilos more than previous one rep max
    Deadlift- Reps with 15 kilos more than previous one rep max
    Push Press- Increased one rep max by 15 kilos

These are just a few of the lifts that have gone up, I'm training for strongman so all of my events have shot up as well.

If you're thinking about giving him a shot I would advise you to go for it 100%!

Thanks Andy!
    Craig

PS. If anyone has any specific questions about what the training is/has been like feel free to put them here or message me.

LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LILFATBOI is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CraigBon View Post
    Hey Guys,

I'm fairly new here in terms of posting and wanted to give a little background about myself. I'm 20 years old, 6'2 and 270#. I've been training for 3 years. I started working with Andy Bolton online about 3 months ago and wanted to show some of the progress I've seen. I see everyone on here talking about the pros and cons of various routines and I think a lot of peope could benefit from working with someone like Andy. In the last 3 months this has been the progress:

Bench- Reps with 15 kilos over my best one rep max before, with a close grip!
    Squat- Repping with 20 kilos more than previous one rep max
    Deadlift- Reps with 15 kilos more than previous one rep max
    Push Press- Increased one rep max by 15 kilos

These are just a few of the lifts that have gone up, I'm training for strongman so all of my events have shot up as well.

If you're thinking about giving him a shot I would advise you to go for it 100%!

Thanks Andy!
    Craig

PS. If anyone has any specific questions about what the training is/has been like feel free to put them here or message me.
    nice progress.

Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world
    Like I'm the only one that you'll ever love
    Like I'm the only one who knows your heart
    Only girl in the world...
    820 raw deadlift at 21 y/o http://youtu.be/PQPviRHx96U?t=1m20s

Between the legs Dunk at 240 lb body weight
    https://youtu.be/dXAD0s-fp8k

Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000) Shaun_W is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can you elaborate slightly on what your training programme was like?
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120990011

There are 10 types of people: those that understand binary, and those that do not.

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    im wondering why you didnt state your lifts.

is it because you arent very strong and that would make the progress look less impressive?

because usually strong people who make progress like that will include their lifts, so that people understand how big of a deal that progress would be.

EDIT: looked in your profile and found my answer.

Hey everyone,

In terms of the routine it depended on whether or not I had access to an events day. When I had an events day I had 3 days: one upper, one lower and one events day, when I don't have an events day I have one upper, one lower, one accessory and one cardio/extra work day for smaller things. There are some core lifts and rotating accessory work, and the weights are decided by the performance the previous week. I hope that answers your question.

For babyslayer I don't think any progress is unimpressive however my lifts are as follows:
    Bench-140k for 3, close grip
    Squat- 225k for 5 reps
    Deadlift- 240k for 3 reps
    Push Press- 135k

I'm curious what answered your question from my profile?

Thanks,
    Craig

babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) babyslayer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by CraigBon View Post
    For babyslayer I don't think any progress is unimpressive however my lifts are as follows:
    so if i told you i went from a 135lb bench to a 140lb bench in 5 years you would be impressed?

case and point.

Bench-140k for 3, close grip
    Squat- 225k for 5 reps
    Deadlift- 240k for 3 reps
    Push Press- 135k
    i see.

I'm curious what answered your question from my profile?
    you have a picture on your profile that gave me the gist of your lifts.

Thanks,
    Craig
    no problem.

when a person like me (someone looking to make gains who understands how easy/hard it is to make gains) hears claims like the ones you made, i take the persons age, weight, training experience, and lifts into account. otherwise i wouldnt be able to understand the significance of the gains made.

and without understanding the significance of the gains you made, i wouldnt be able to make a judgement call on whether to consider hireing him or not.

if that makes any sense.

good progress/strong lifts.

Your thoughts made a lot of sense and I appreciate the input. If you're considering hiring anyone he'd be a good choice, even with how strong you are currently.

Thanks again,
    Craig

PS. The picture is a a year and a half and 50 pounds old, it's up there because I think it's funny, that's all.