Lean mean cutting machine BaseJumper's Avatar
    BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BaseJumper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face Need mtivation to bulk

That's right. While everyone in here needs some motivation to keep going through diets, low calories, cardio sessions and almost passing out in the gym, I need some motivation to eat more, sleep more, cut the cardio and get bigger. I will explain...

All my life I've been fat, despite the fact that it took 20 years for me to accept that. Last year, in November to be exact, I decided to go on a daily deficit and keep on lifting. I started running as well. At first it was hard, but then I got used to it. Of course, there are days when I can't resist the cravings, and end up cheating (sometimes even binging).

But the bright side of all this is that I've lost more than 80 lbs of fat, keep most of my muscle and discovered that, after all, I had some decent size under all that fat layer. Now, I can say that my 6 pack is here, and I'm really proud of my body right now. At the same time, I know that I'd look better if I packed a few lbs of muscle. And I crave for more freedom in my diet, that's why I'm considering some bulking in about a month.

My big plan is to get as low in BF% as I can, until the starting date of my bulk. That may give me some space to hold the fat gains during the bulk. I know I need to bulk, but I'm afraid of getting fat again during this time (and losing my 6-pack, that Ive never had before will suck!).

My biggest question would be:
    Should I accept my good body and stick with it forever or should I shoot for the stars and chase a dream body, even that for a period of time I won't look at my best?

Anyone that has gone through a situation like mine have some kind words to say?
    Am I overreacting?

Thanks
    My whey or the highway!

October 08th 2017

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post
    That's right. While everyone in here needs some motivation to keep going through diets, low calories, cardio sessions and almost passing out in the gym, I need some motivation to eat more, sleep more, cut the cardio and get bigger. I will explain...

All my life I've been fat, despite the fact that it took 20 years for me to accept that. Last year, in November to be exact, I decided to go on a daily deficit and keep on lifting. I started running as well. At first it was hard, but then I got used to it. Of course, there are days when I can't resist the cravings, and end up cheating (sometimes even binging).

But the bright side of all this is that I've lost more than 80 lbs of fat, keep most of my muscle and discovered that, after all, I had some decent size under all that fat layer. Now, I can say that my 6 pack is here, and I'm really proud of my body right now. At the same time, I know that I'd look better if I packed a few lbs of muscle. And I crave for more freedom in my diet, that's why I'm considering some bulking in about a month.

My big plan is to get as low in BF% as I can, until the starting date of my bulk. That may give me some space to hold the fat gains during the bulk. I know I need to bulk, but I'm afraid of getting fat again during this time (and losing my 6-pack, that Ive never had before will suck!).

Should I accept my good body and stick with it forever or should I shoot for the stars and chase a dream body, even that for a period of time I won't look at my best?

Am I overreacting?

Thanks
    I understand what you are saying and I think you should realize that you can bulk/build muscle without gaining a lot of fat, or any fat at all.

You don't have to go 6000 cals daily to gain mass, if you slowly add cals and keep track of your weight/measurments (waist is a good reference for fat gains) you are in full control. No need to hurry so just eat slightly above maintenance. This way you keep the low bodyfat (keep the sixpack!) and get stronger. It takes a little more time then a hardcore bulk but you don't have to worry about fat.

It's not all black or white, just have to find the right balance.

edit: the leangains approach (IF) is a good one too in these situations.. works for me!
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by BaseJumper View Post

Am I overreacting?

Thanks
    Pretty much went through what you are going through now although I didnt start at a low BF% on my Bulk. You're still in a Cut mentality, which I had for the first few weeks of my Bulk. My personal experience and opinion would be this: Don't let the "good" stand in the way of the "great". People tend to settle for just "good" and not try for "great" because they fear FAILURE.

If you know you will look better with more size and the only thing that is keeping you back is fear of getting fat again, then I say go for it. Don't let your fear of getting fat hold you in place. It's not like you don't know how to Cut later on or if you will succeed at Cutting later. Yeah you might lose the 6pack for the time but come later, you will have MORE to show off than just your abs. As it is, I'm planning to Bulk in the coming months as its just gonna be colder and there isn't gonna be much place wearing shorts and short sleeves and then Cut as Spring and Summer get ever closer.

Considering all you have done, I think you can easily rock this Base. Don't let your fear keep you grounded.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman