So I sustained an injury about 1.5 years ago. Messing around with mates, I went to drop kick him, but landed my full weight on my left hand.
So long story short, it's still very sore. I regularly have to strap it up.
When I was going to the gym with a Strength and Conditioner training me, he told me it was something to do with the back of my shoulder, or something like that... And that the pain was only felt in by hand because of the type of damage. He had me doing exercises (which seemed to work) which I I'll try to describe now.
1. Arm by side, raise forearm parallel to floor.
2. Fist clenched, and positioned as if you were squeezing a vertical pole.
3. At which point I'd be grabbing a cable machine grip.
4. Pull cable to left, without moving my upper arm.
Here's a pic of where the pain is. It's a sharp pain, and usually experienced when moving the thumb, straining the hand (to type), or bending my wrist back (push up position for example). And just general left hand activities, opening doors, lifting a cup etc.
So, my questions now:
1. What sort of injury is this?
2. What can I do at home to help repair it (Access to dumbbells, Barbell, bench)?
I'm not one to complain about these sorts of things, and have gone for a year and a half without saying anything really, but it's becoming a real annoyance. It's painful enough to be very uncomfortable, and sometimes after strenuous activities, I need to take pain killers. I used to work as a labourer in construction, and the pain in the evening used to make me feel sick.
Thread: 1.5yr Old Wrist Injury Help