Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

lump on my calf?(2k+ reps)

Okay, so I just noticed a lump on my left calf, it's on the top. it feels sorta like fatty tissue or something like that, i can move it around a little, and when i push or touch it hard enough it feels sorta bruised. I don't know what it is, and the strange thing is I haven't done that much calf exercises lately, closest thing would be squats, and I ran a couple of laps at school 2 days ago and the day before that, which I haven't done in a while.

I think it's a blood clot, anyone have ideas?
    Last edited by Decept; 09-15-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Decept is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump

Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lump on a calf, can be anything. Such as, vein pump, cancer, big zit that u need to pop, water bubble. You can that lump your speaking of on ur calf from over training....due to this...Water weight is rushed to this certain muscle a number of times because that certain muscle might have needed oxygen that you lacked in the hemoglobin. Later muscle fibers get exhausted and the "actin nd myocin" which is needed to contract your calf muscle gets drowned with lactic acid causing slower nd slower contractions and a built up of water weight that is caused by extreme training or new training that you are not used to. In cases like this, that water should go away in 3-4 days...like most cases out there and use ice to speed things up.

If its continuous case ....consult a doctor.

HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Decept View Post
    bump
    i see what you did there

Originally Posted by Jkwan View Post
    Lump on a calf, can be anything. Such as, vein pump, cancer, big zit that u need to pop, water bubble. You can that lump your speaking of on ur calf from over training....due to this...Water weight is rushed to this certain muscle a number of times because that certain muscle might have needed oxygen that you lacked in the hemoglobin. Later muscle fibers get exhausted and the "actin nd myocin" which is needed to contract your calf muscle gets drowned with lactic acid causing slower nd slower contractions and a built up of water weight that is caused by extreme training or new training that you are not used to. In cases like this, that water should go away in 3-4 days...like most cases out there and use ice to speed things up.

If its continuous case ....consult a doctor.
    Thanks, seeing as I haven't ran in a while(We also did this thing where we ran up stairs on our football stadium then run down.) it could be new training.

by the way, the lump is like 1 inch by 1 inch,

and lol at HalfDragon, didn't notice that pun

Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jkwan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Decept View Post
    Thanks, seeing as I haven't ran in a while(We also did this thing where we ran up stairs on our football stadium then run down.) it could be new training.

by the way, the lump is like 1 inch by 1 inch,

and lol at HalfDragon, didn't notice that pun
    I noticed that when people over train their calfs in football...(from my friends i chyll with)...their calf..gets swole from the workout nd the 2 sides to ur calf kinda get bigger nd they overlap each other creating what you call a "third muscle on top of ur calf" .. thats what it looks like..it doesn't look normal...not sure if thats what you have though.

HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HalfDragon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It could be anything really. Most likely a cyst.

There was a decent picture of a guy with a knee cyst but I am at work and couldnt get to the website. Here is a cyst on a wrist.

Does it look like that, how long did it take to form?

You should also go to the doctor no matter what.