Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cheating\Binging - looking for advices...

Sup guys!

Alright so here's the deal. I have been cutting since close to 7 months now (From 210Lbs to 164,6Lbs last Sunday morning) and started an even more intense "cut" last July 31 after spending a whole week off work (Birthday week off work) + cheating almost everyday... I kept on going to the gym during that week tho. I've always had troubles with cheating and dieting. I have developed a nutrition disorder over time because of dieting... The first 3 months (Back in February) when i started working out + dieting (First time in my life doing so) well i didn't cheated at all since all this was new to me. After that, i started having a cheat meal every week or so. I would prepare everything in advance for that special dinner meal... Until it started becoming more of an obsession. When i reached that point, my weight loss simply stalled. The 1-2 pounds i would lose during the week, well I'd take it all back by the end of the week simply because i would totally binge on anything and everything during that meal (actually more than half the time it would last the whole night following the cheat meal). At some point i realized it simply couldn't continue this way. All that dieting\nutrition disorder would make me lose all motivation into going to the gym (But i still kept on going min 5 days per week) and even more about dieting. I have those Fking (sorry but it's frustrating) love handles + belly fat (And i don't drink alcohol at all) that just seems to never go. They trim down but just don't leave.

That's until like i said above, i started something more serious (At least tried to) last July 31. I managed to do a 6 weeks or so no cheating at all and had planned 12 weeks like that. I've managed to go from somewhere around 175Lbs to 164,6Lbs (My goal being 145-150Lbs) during that time. My stomach\abs are (were) more defined and my love handles trimmed down. Still some fat stickied around lower back\hips tho.

That's until last Friday. My sister came home and started eating all sort of crap right next to me. I figured it wouldn't hurt me for a night and might as well be good to boost up my metabolism. So i ate 2 bowls of sugary cereals, finished my peanut butter pot, ate a few cracker, few spoons of ice cream and some yogurt. Then an hour or so i went to bed (it was late, i had just came back from the gym 2-3 hours ago and had time to eat dinner before eating all that crap). That's just when it started to fail...

The next day i did the whole day all good. No cheating at all. Same for the next day except that i decided to go and have a steak + potatoes + pasta + Caesar salad + garlic bread with family for dinner. Then yesterday all failed... I did all the day good until i reached home at 4PM after work. I was supposed to go to the gym but i was SOOoo tired and exhausted from my leg workout the past day that i decided to take it off (Which i never do, i always push myself to go and have my workout even when i feel that way). And i felt like cheating again... I binged on bread, peanut butter, cracker, cereal with milk and had a lasagna full of cheese and meat later. And right before bed, about 4-5 cookies + a bowl of ice cream. I felt so freaking bloated, i could hear my heart beating HARD in my chest and my blood pressure raised cuzz all my veins popped out. I felt drowsy too - probably because of the insulin rush...

Today, i finally decided to end it all and have whatever i wanted for breakfast and then I'd keep on going with the diet. Which i did but tonight I'm kinda lost.

What should i do? Should i have those cheating "week-ends like" only every month or so since i seem to never be able to avoid having those out of control binging rage that builds up during my perfect dieting time?

Or maybe i should go back to a one meal cheat every week? Which could calm down my craving\hunger for crap and which i hope would solve the binging cravings i get?

Or maybe i should just avoid cheating until i reach my goal while hopefully trying to avoid all bad foods\bad ppls that could influence me?

The problem with having a one meal cheat every week is that i always "have to" take it during dinner time since i make it as a social event and actually use it to have dinner with friends or family. Which makes the craving for pancakes or morning food go through the roof... And usually when i cheat during morning, i end up cheating at dinner as well. But less chances to binge since I've had 2 cheat meals tho...

I know that a single controlled cheat meal (A lasagna or a good piece of steak + potatoes and a salad for example) does not have much of an effect on my body. I'll usually gain 2-3 pounds and lose it the next day.

So i was wondering what you guys thought of this... One week I'd do a controlled cheating meal at dinner time which i can manage without a problem and the next week, I'd have a controlled cheat day for the morning + lunch + dinner foods craving.

Actually, I'm looking for advices on what are you guys doing... When do you cheat, what do you usually end up having when you cheat, am i the only one with that eating disorder?

I'd really appreciate some input and advices here, I'm kinda lost and always feel that way after cheating...

Thanks a lot guys.
    Last edited by Unexpect; 09-15-2010 at 06:39 PM.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you looking for approval to cheat from an online forum?

You obviously want to cheat.

You should try fitting foods you enjoy into your macros, or making healthier alternatives of the foods you are craving.
    Yes... I've started a log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159357321

pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its all about self control. I would love to down a pint of ice cream and pizza every night...but I would puff up like a balloon if I did.

Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Unexpect has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    Why are you looking for approval to cheat from an online forum?

You obviously want to cheat.

You should try fitting foods you enjoy into your macros, or making healthier alternatives of the foods you are craving.
    I am not really seeking "approval" but rather ideas how to manage cheats during a cut, if any. But i did thought about fitting the food i feel like eating into my maintenance macros for a day and do that only once a week. Plus i would lift and do cardio on that day. That could really help my cravings. Thanks for bringing it back to my memory!

Originally Posted by pphil09 View Post
    Its all about self control. I would love to down a pint of ice cream and pizza every night...but I would puff up like a balloon if I did.
    Do you ever do it at all? If so, how do you manage?

Thanks

pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pphil09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Unexpect View Post
    Do you ever do it at all? If so, how do you manage?

Thanks
    I personally havent had pizza for a few months, and havent had anything besides no sugar added ice cream for about a year or so.

I just have a goal in mind, and those types of foods are detrimental to my goal, so personally, that is enough motivation for me to avoid those types of food.

I personally havent had pizza for a few months, and havent had anything besides no sugar added ice cream for about a year or so.

I just have a goal in mind, and those types of foods are detrimental to my goal, so personally, that is enough motivation for me to avoid those types of food.
    I can be as strong minded as you described above for weeks\months but I'll usually end-up binging for a day at some point. And it's just at that moment that it's get ULTRA hard to get out of it. It's like ******* or something. I don't know why exactly or how i should manage this... and it's annoying. I am really a strong minded guy. When i want something or want to reach a goal, I'll be all in for it and won't look back but that also goes backwards... Which is why i usually have binging madness once in a while. It's inevitable.

This is screwing up my mind. I remember once it was dementia. I actually spent close to 20mins in my car - doors and windows closed - parked at the mall trying to decide where and what i would binge on. Yes, you read right... 20mins, alone and thinking + whispering words to decide what to cheat on. I ended up at 2 places to grab food which i ate until i felt sick and close to vomit. Once that sick feeling went away, i kept on eating until i just crashed on my sofa.

Yes, i know, I have a big problem. Funniest thing in all that is that my friends could never tell that i have such disorder. I eat clean all the time, I'm lean (Almost ... ), when i do have those demented binging moments I'm always alone because I'm feeling like **** and so guilty.

It's actually not getting worse but better now. I'm getting better and keeping things under control but such moments, less intense tho, are inevitable.

adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adonahue052 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nicotine. Dip some skoal. helps alot with craving.

Originally Posted by adonahue052 View Post
    nicotine. Dip some skoal. helps alot with craving.
    Nicotine? First time i ear that one. I'll look into it but i doubt it'll actually make any difference.

What do you guys eat when cheating? And how often do you do so? Also, how do you know you are "full" and so you should stop eating? Those are the answers I'm looking for.

Anyone lost the satiety feeling with dieting? I never know when I'm full or when I'm hungry. And i bet this is what causes the binging to go mad, no?

Any input, ideas, examples of food etc.. all appreciated!

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

A slice of pizza isn't going to do damage to anything. Fit it in your macros or don't even count it. Eat a piece and move on.

OP I didn't read that long essay of your's but from the other post I take it it's in regards to having a cheat meal. Live life man. No offense but I doubt your going to be a professional bodybuilder or even thinking about that and just want to be in good shape and hit the gym. So don't over complicate things and make your life a living hell. Eat a cheat meal and continue on with your better eating habits.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

Physicist in Training JValjean724's Avatar
    JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sup guys!

Thanks a lot guys.
    If you really are "binging" then you have a serious problem.

However that word is thrown around too loosely. A bowl of ice cream and some pizza isn't binging.

If you are on too restrictive of a diet and don't actually enjoy the foods you eat than you are doing it wrong.
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

Originally Posted by JValjean724 View Post
    If you really are "binging" then you have a serious problem.

However that word is thrown around too loosely. A bowl of ice cream and some pizza isn't binging.

If you are on too restrictive of a diet and don't actually enjoy the foods you eat than you are doing it wrong.
    Yes, in my case it's really binging. When I go all-in, I can't stop eating at anything that goes under my hands since the satiety feeling seem to be gone. I'll eat until i feel sick and close to vomit. But those moments used to be worse. Now i control myself a bit more during those moments but i still fall-off the boat once every 2 months or so it seems.

The diet is quite restrictive, yes. Trying to drop under the 10%BF. I DO enjoy the food i get in my diet tho! It's just that sometimes the feeling to get a steak, or a pizza or pork chops etc... gets intense. It always starts off with such food and end up into a binging madness in the following hours\days.

But i realize i won't find any help regarding this problem here. Everyone seems to either "not" have this problem or they keep it for themselves. Oh well... After all, all I am looking for is ideas on how to manage and what to do\think when i think about cheating. I'm not asking if i should or shouldn't cheat, i already know the answer to that question.

Thanks again for those who tried to help!

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    A slice of pizza isn't going to do damage to anything. Fit it in your macros or don't even count it. Eat a piece and move on.

OP I didn't read that long essay of your's but from the other post I take it it's in regards to having a cheat meal. Live life man. No offense but I doubt your going to be a professional bodybuilder or even thinking about that and just want to be in good shape and hit the gym. So don't over complicate things and make your life a living hell. Eat a cheat meal and continue on with your better eating habits.
    That's probably what i will try next week. I'll have a controlled cheat meal and see how my body reacts. More often but smaller cheats is probably WAY better than a whole day (or 2) of binging because I've restricted myself for the past 2 months.

To get things even more under control, I'll eat that cheat meal outside at a restaurant so i won't be tempted to binge. Hell, If i feel like having a big bowl of cereal with a sliced banana or even pancakes on some morning, I'll do so and will keep on going with my diet for the rest of the day. That way i won't feel guilty and actually more motivated to keep on going with the diet! Good thing you said those words Anthony21, it actually helped me! Repped!

Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Anthony21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's probably what i will try next week. I'll have a controlled cheat meal and see how my body reacts. More often but smaller cheats is probably WAY better than a whole day (or 2) of binging because I've restricted myself for the past 2 months.

To get things even more under control, I'll eat that cheat meal outside at a restaurant so i won't be tempted to binge. Hell, If i feel like having a big bowl of cereal with a sliced banana or even pancakes on some morning, I'll do so and will keep on going with my diet for the rest of the day. That way i won't feel guilty and actually more motivated to keep on going with the diet! Good thing you said those words Anthony21, it actually helped me! Repped!
    No problem man. I fell into the trap of over thinking things way to much and living by the numbers where it became a mental breakdown and just lost control of my life. We all know how to eat right it's common sense so just continue to eat right and treat yourself to a cheat meal every week. It'll benefit you.
    My training log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178464441

romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10) romeo196 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    you could cheat once in a while in moderation, it won't hurt you, instead of eating 3 slices of pizza just eat one.

Physicist in Training JValjean724's Avatar
    JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000) JValjean724 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your problem is either:

A) A serious eating disorder that you need to seek professional help for
    or
    B) You are being unnecessarily restrictive with your diet. The foods you mention you could eat on a daily basis if you so choose. Just because a food isn't traditional bodybuilding food doesn't mean it will hinder your goals at all.
    I protest this fraud

Mind and Body Recomposition Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127989043&page=3

Registered User Total Body Rebuild's Avatar
    Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000) Total Body Rebuild is just really nice. (+1000)
    Have you ever tried having a "safe binge back up plan"? It sounds really stupid, but it works for me...

I used to have a problem with binge eating, and this is one of the main ways I got over it...

I usually cut on a low carb diet, and usually go the PSMF route. If you have ever done something like that before, you will know how difficult it can be.

So, after many short attempts that ended in a binge and lost results, I decided to make a change. This is what I do now...

I use an IF style eating window where I eat from 8-12 at night before I go to sleep. (This isn't really the main thing, though)

What I did was I preplanned a "safe binge meal"- a meal made of food that I don't usually eat, but I that love and would not derail my diet. I had everything measured out to the right proportions and stored in the fridge ready to go. So, for me, it was 6 eggs, 20 grams of butter, a pre boiled chicken breast, and 2 tbsp of peanut butter mixed with 1tbsp of butter,10 ml of peanut oil and some salt. (If my memory serves me correctly, this comes out to about 1500 cals, still well under my daily maintenance)

So, whenever I had the feelings of having a binge, I would use that go to meal to get rid of the cravings, it tasted great, and it still fit my fat loss macros. After I ate it, I went to sleep, and woke up in the morning feeling better. Maybe you should try planning out something like that.

If it is not a serious eating disorder you have, you need to think fo something creative to help you achieve your goals...

dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    just cheat for once and dont do it again if you dont like it and move on....just-enjoy-life bro

Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Doubt.Less has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've learned from the binging once a week that it does fuck all to HELP me advance in any way towards my goals.like someone above said it's not going to alleviate any pressure to succeed in my goals knowing that I just downed 4000 calories worth of fat in a day.If it makes you feel bad,why bother doing it?It's just like drinking,You like the hangover you have the next day? probably not..so why bother making yourself sick? that said,I do cheat every two weeks or so,but I make everything myself or grab a SMALL (4 slices) pizza from a local place...and I have an insane sweet tooth for ice cream and chocolate.so I eat ice cream if I want it.It's a matter of SATISFYING your craving.not making yourself sick from over doing it.Savor whatever it is you're eating and slow down.You'll realize you're satisfied shortly after starting when you take your time with things.I eat a small square or two every day of lindt's 90% dark chocolate and that keeps me on my straight line towards the end result I desire,plus it helps burn fat wooh chocolate!

that said...I read the first paragraph of what you typed and stopped reading.I didn't want to read someone's guilty-feelings life story.Your life brah,do you want to be happy or not?!
    Misc Female.
    Live in Australia.
    Not Australian.

Originally Posted by Anthony21 View Post
    No problem man. I fell into the trap of over thinking things way to much and living by the numbers where it became a mental breakdown and just lost control of my life. We all know how to eat right it's common sense so just continue to eat right and treat yourself to a cheat meal every week. It'll benefit you.
    I'm in that trap. I tend to overdo the numbers so when I'm all in into cheating, it just feels like if for once i didn't had to think about numbers. But that is so wrong... I should simply try to NOT over think numbers while dieting and i bet it would make a lot less stress on me. Thanks again man.

Originally Posted by romeo196 View Post
    you could cheat once in a while in moderation, it won't hurt you, instead of eating 3 slices of pizza just eat one.
    Like i said above, smaller cheats and more often would probably be better than one big binging cheat every 2 months because i can't handle it anymore...Heh I'm planing to try this right next week and see what gives!

Originally Posted by JValjean724 View Post
    Your problem is either:

A) A serious eating disorder that you need to seek professional help for
    or
    B) You are being unnecessarily restrictive with your diet. The foods you mention you could eat on a daily basis if you so choose. Just because a food isn't traditional bodybuilding food doesn't mean it will hinder your goals at all.
    At some point i must admit that i really thought i had a serious problem which had developed with dieting. But you are damn right about food in general. Plus i found out that whatever i eat, given reasonable amount*, well it doesn't hinder my weight at all. So like i said, if i feel like having cereals or even pancakes on some morning, I'll do it! I'll just have to manage the amount i take in. Thinking i could get this kind of meal more often will kinda help me not to gorge myself with the food like all at once. Good words there man, thanks!

Originally Posted by dunitlongpole View Post
    Have you ever tried having a "safe binge back up plan"? It sounds really stupid, but it works for me...

I used to have a problem with binge eating, and this is one of the main ways I got over it...

I usually cut on a low carb diet, and usually go the PSMF route. If you have ever done something like that before, you will know how difficult it can be.

So, after many short attempts that ended in a binge and lost results, I decided to make a change. This is what I do now...

I use an IF style eating window where I eat from 8-12 at night before I go to sleep. (This isn't really the main thing, though)

What I did was I preplanned a "safe binge meal"- a meal made of food that I don't usually eat, but I that love and would not derail my diet. I had everything measured out to the right proportions and stored in the fridge ready to go. So, for me, it was 6 eggs, 20 grams of butter, a pre boiled chicken breast, and 2 tbsp of peanut butter mixed with 1tbsp of butter,10 ml of peanut oil and some salt. (If my memory serves me correctly, this comes out to about 1500 cals, still well under my daily maintenance)

So, whenever I had the feelings of having a binge, I would use that go to meal to get rid of the cravings, it tasted great, and it still fit my fat loss macros. After I ate it, I went to sleep, and woke up in the morning feeling better. Maybe you should try planning out something like that.

If it is not a serious eating disorder you have, you need to think fo something creative to help you achieve your goals...
    I also thought about this as well! Preparing good and healthy food along with something that is out of my diet all in advance and have that to kill the craving. Problem is that it will never feel right to me. I'd probably have that "weird" meal alone and not with friends since it'll be a mix of different healthy and not-healthy foods... Plus I'd probably start thinking way too much about numbers and foods to be creative and reasonable with that meal which is what i want to avoid - over thinking numbers and foods". But thanks for the idea, really appreciated!

Originally Posted by dramed View Post
    just cheat for once and dont do it again if you dont like it and move on....just-enjoy-life bro
    Im trying - I'm trying!

Originally Posted by Doubt.Less View Post
    I've learned from the binging once a week that it does fuck all to HELP me advance in any way towards my goals.like someone above said it's not going to alleviate any pressure to succeed in my goals knowing that I just downed 4000 calories worth of fat in a day.If it makes you feel bad,why bother doing it?It's just like drinking,You like the hangover you have the next day? probably not..so why bother making yourself sick? that said,I do cheat every two weeks or so,but I make everything myself or grab a SMALL (4 slices) pizza from a local place...and I have an insane sweet tooth for ice cream and chocolate.so I eat ice cream if I want it.It's a matter of SATISFYING your craving.not making yourself sick from over doing it.Savor whatever it is you're eating and slow down.You'll realize you're satisfied shortly after starting when you take your time with things.I eat a small square or two every day of lindt's 90% dark chocolate and that keeps me on my straight line towards the end result I desire,plus it helps burn fat wooh chocolate!

that said...I read the first paragraph of what you typed and stopped reading.I didn't want to read someone's guilty-feelings life story.Your life brah,do you want to be happy or not?!
    It's Ok, i wrote all that to make sure everyone who took time to read my thread actually knew what this was all about. I realize it's pretty long.

From what i can understand, it's about finding what suits your lifestyle and how you personally see cheating and binging. I like the fact that some of you guys took time to write down what they usually do for cheating and how they kill their cravings! Gives me plenty of ideas to avoid binging by allowing myself to cheat smaller and more often. Like you and you 2 squares of chocolate!

Thanks again everyone! Getting a lot of motivation back and I'm sure it shows in the way i type tonight Heh. Diet was back on track today and i weighted myself as well. I took only 2Lbs because of my recent binging which i feel is alright (was expecting much more) + I'm sure I'll be back to normal in just a few days.