burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What % body fat do I need for a six pack? four pack? two pack?

My current target is 10% body fat. I have about 12 lbs left to lose.

What % body fat do I need to be to have a six pack? four pack? two pack?

buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000) buckiaj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everybody is different, but here is the rough guideline I have seen and have heard:

14-16% you should see your top two abs, and the outline of the next two
    12-14% you should see your top two pretty clearly, and the next two should be pretty clear
    11-12% your top four should be easily visible, maybe a slight outline of the next two. But probably not yet.
    10% - should have the top four pretty cut and very easy to see whereas #5 and #6 should have a decent outline.

Under 10% its kind of a crap shoot. Some people have a cut six pack at 10%, some need to get closer to 8.
    Most Recent Progress Photo thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152062853

brb putting down the fork til 10%

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The above outline is as good as any, but yes, it's going to vary by an individual's fat distribution pattern and degree of abdominal development.

AND, it's going to depend on your degree of optimism, as "showing" and "definition" are subjective.

I'm a "glass-half-full" kind of guy, and when I'm like (in reality) 20% BF and can kind of make out the top two abs under optimal lighting condition, abs flexed, and the moon to my back effecting the tidal distribution of my fat stores, I tend to consider abs "showing". Hence I often think that I really must be about 15%. Even though I'm not.
    Way more Xtreme Fitbitter than MissLadyJ or kureransu

mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mrTesto has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    im about 13/14% bf and can only see faint definition in my abs when im standin and when im sittin i can see all the nasty layers of fat that arnt otherwise visible i also had a hernia so ab work is out of the question which means i have to shoot for single digits for visble abs

SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SicilianFool is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just another point, but genetics will determine if you will have a 4/6/8 pack. You may reach low enough bf% where on paper you should have a 6 pack, but in reality you only have a 4 pack. Look at Arnold in his prime, obviously he was low enough BF but he always rocked the 4 pack, just dont get discouraged if you are 2 abs short.
    "I will do what you won't today, So I can do what you can't tomorrow"
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."
    ╔╦╦═╦═╗╔═╦═╦╦═╗─╔╗─────╔╗─╔═╗
    ║║║═╣═╣║║║║╠╣═╬═╣╚╦╦╦═╗║╚╗║╔╬╦╦═╦╦╦╗
    ║║╠═║╔╝║║║║║╠═║═╣╬║╔╣╬╚╣║║║╚╣╔╣╩╣║║║
    ╚═╩═╩╝─╚╩═╩╩╩═╩═╩═╩╝╚══╩╩╝╚═╩╝╚═╩══╝
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    ♞♞♞ Misc Horse Head Crew ♞♞♞ 2k+

FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50) FrosteaTT will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SicilianFool View Post
    Just another point, but genetics will determine if you will have a 4/6/8 pack. You may reach low enough bf% where on paper you should have a 6 pack, but in reality you only have a 4 pack. Look at Arnold in his prime, obviously he was low enough BF but he always rocked the 4 pack, just dont get discouraged if you are 2 abs short.
    down at 8% but can onlee afford a 4-pack .. a 6-pack is expensive in this slow economy.
    --------------------------
    Current Notable Stats: (July 2010)
    275 LBS Flat Bench (6 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Incline (6 repz, 5 setz)
    185 LBS Standing Shoulder Press (6 repz, 5 setz)
    540 LBS Machine Leg Press (8 repz, 5 setz)
    225 LBS Standing Barbell Squat (8 repz, 5 setz)
    135 LBS Calves Raise (8 repz, 5 setz)
    45 LBS Dumbells Lunges (8 repz, 5 setz)
    170 LBS Weighted Abs Crunch (15 repz, 10 setz)
    20 LBS Weighted Captain Chair Leg Raise (15 repz, 10 setz)

ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChiefRocka is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by buckiaj View Post
    Everybody is different, but here is the rough guideline I have seen and have heard:

14-16% you should see your top two abs, and the outline of the next two
    12-14% you should see your top two pretty clearly, and the next two should be pretty clear
    11-12% your top four should be easily visible, maybe a slight outline of the next two. But probably not yet.
    10% - should have the top four pretty cut and very easy to see whereas #5 and #6 should have a decent outline.

Under 10% its kind of a crap shoot. Some people have a cut six pack at 10%, some need to get closer to 8.
    Don't forget...

12-14% with a body that doesnt like shedding fat off the stomach section and you still won't have any visible abs.

Bottom line. For many men, even being in the low teens doesn't ensure visible abs as many of us have bodies that cling on to stomach fat for dear life. Genetics play a big role in this also.
    Iron. Boxing. NFL. Mob stuff. New York City breed.