DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it good to workout abs every day?

I read somewhere that I think it was Arnold and he did abs everyday. I'm not sure if it was from his really bad workout plan that I read it or if it was a serious one, but I'm just curious if you could workout abs every day or 2 days on 1 off sort of thing without over training or anything wrong happen.
    Thanks

Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Norsewarrior is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well put it this way, the abdominals are a dense muscle, and we use them every day, just like the forearms, calves too. I do abdominals every other day. I still think they need recovery time. Arnold probably didn't start out working them everyday. Unless you've done this stuff for years you don't need high maintenance like Arnie did.

lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lionsman81 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DexterDoolian View Post
    I read somewhere that I think it was Arnold and he did abs everyday. I'm not sure if it was from his really bad workout plan that I read it or if it was a serious one, but I'm just curious if you could workout abs every day or 2 days on 1 off sort of thing without over training or anything wrong happen.
    Thanks
    Abs are supposedly the only muscle group you can workout everyday, however, doing abs everyday can take a MAJOR toll on your lower back if you do not to adequate lower back exercises. The other thing, is that doing ab machines are brutal on your lower back. I know a lot of people, including myself, that did ab machines, as opposed to manual ab exercises, and my lower back was shot for the longest time.

jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdjprimer19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have to do abs every day, then you are not working them hard enough. One or 2x a week is more than sufficient.
    JDJ's 5/3/1 Revamped
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143074093&page=10

"...any statement, whether made by a scientist or not, should be open to logical analysis. Immense prestige and authority does not compensate for faulty logic." John Lennox

http://www.bullseyefitness.net

YoungGuyNick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    1-3 times is fine, its just like any other muscle, so treat it like one

DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DexterDoolian has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah that's true thanks. I work them hard. I normally dedicate an hour every other day to doing just abs. However when I'm sitting around I tend to think Hey I could be working out abs right now. So I just wanted to make sure if it was alright to constantly workout abs. I'll stick with every other day.
    Thanks