IbanezPGM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ankle hurts and swells up when walking a lot.

Hello, I am 5 foot 11 inches 185 lb. Not that overweight. But I had this problem since as far as i can remember(even in 7th grade PE class). This is the problem: When I run or walk a lot, the muscle located at the outer bottom side of my calf (just above the ankle) starts to become very sore and stiff. It swells up and hurts a lot. I am not sure if this happends to anyone else but it hinders my ability to run after that for the whole day and the day after. Just for clarification, it happeds to both my legs. Anyone have experience with this or can explain it?

thanks for reading
    -PGM

Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You should visit a podiatrist.

Originally Posted by Pennyw1se View Post
    You should visit a podiatrist.
    so im guessing this is not normal..?

Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pennyw1se has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sorry. I misunderstood. For some reason I read calf and thought heal so a podiatrist probably wouldnt be able to help you. Regardless, some discomfornt is normal when you first start running or jogging but it should eventually go away. If its persistant then I would definitely see a doctor.

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by IbanezPGM View Post
    Hello, I am 5 foot 11 inches 185 lb. Not that overweight. But I had this problem since as far as i can remember(even in 7th grade PE class). This is the problem: When I run or walk a lot, the muscle located at the outer bottom side of my calf (just above the ankle) starts to become very sore and stiff. It swells up and hurts a lot. I am not sure if this happends to anyone else but it hinders my ability to run after that for the whole day and the day after. Just for clarification, it happeds to both my legs. Anyone have experience with this or can explain it?

thanks for reading
    -PGM
    Stop by a good shoe store talk to a professional for a good running/walking shoe . I am guessing you are flat footed. right shoe should help but you have to power thru initial pain

Originally Posted by naija2atl View Post
    Stop by a good shoe store talk to a professional for a good running/walking shoe . I am guessing you are flat footed. right shoe should help but you have to power thru initial pain
    not that i cant power through the pain, but it gets to the point that i cant move my ankle anymore because it is very stiff (and not to mention, hard and swollen). I don't think i fit the criteria of flat footed. I will talk to my doctor but keep the suggestions comming!

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have you ever sprained / torn the ligaments or tendons in your ankle?

It sounds like it is actually the ligaments connecting your shin to your foot. I dislocated my ankle playing football and it never healed correctly. There's still a lot of scar tissue around it and whenever I run a lot it tends to swell for no apparent reason.

Ice and rest. Then see a doc and ask if it's worth getting an MRI.