t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for some guidance from someone experienced

Hi. I'm new to this.

MY GOAL:
    What I want to accomplish is getting a "six pack" or close, and also get a a better general shape plus a bigger biceps. For the 6-pack I understand I need to get a lower body fat percent first.

ABOUT ME:
    I recently(2-3 weeks ago) started to jog outdoors 3-4 times a week for like 20-30 minutes at minimum pace. --- I see no changes as of yet

I also have at home a one adjustable dumbbell (max 20kg). With it I work my biceps one-two times a week.
    For example last training I set it for 12kg and I was able to do 3 sets (12, 10 and 7 reps); with each hand. (The right hand could do more, but i do equal reps to match the left had.)
    -If I set it for 8kg I can do 3 full sets of 12 each.
    -If I set it for 20kg I can do like one set of 5.

MY QUESTIONS:
    -What weight should I chose, and how many sets/reps, in order to grow my biceps?
    -What efficient home workouts can be done at home using my adjustable 20kg weight and my own body weight, in order to get fit? (like multiple sets summing hundreds of push-ups, squats and crunches every other day? or what)

MY EXPECTATION:
    There is so much information out there that make a beginner very confused. They all claim to have best routines and best exercises, one doesn't know who to believe first.

I'm looking for advice from someone experienced. And if possible it would be great to see a detailed example of an efficient weekly program. Just like you would do for you little cousin who knows nothing yet about fitness.
    Last edited by t1trar1; 09-14-2010 at 04:49 AM.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You want abs and biceps? Good luck man, it doesnt really work that way.
    You listed this in the equipment section, but are asking about a routine. You may want to check into the "programs" section of these forums.

But I will say this, diet plays THE key role in showing those abs. It sounds like you want to be lean, but with some muscular development in the arms. Heck I might even recommend something like P90X, since that sounds like the body type that you want (I know, I know guys, dont neg me).

Anyways, check in programs rather than here.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This is the wrong forum for this kind of info.

If you are only interested in having great abs and huge biceps, your best bet is to check out the MISC forum. That's all they work on.

Biceps curls FTW!!!
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just a recommendation on some equipment to work those biceps...think about pull-up bar or gymnastic rings. Chin-ups work your biceps better than your dumbells probably will because you'll be working with your body weight, and you work other large muscles in your back.

For someone with what you said, I'd think you'd be happy with a pull-up program, and then add to jogging and good diet and eventually you may see that six pack.

Just google pull-up program and you'll find plenty of options. Something like 'armstrong pull-up program' is good. There's also recon ron and a million others really.
    Check this out...http://pull-ups-training.com/pg_store.php

That's a pretty simple but challenging program. And you'll get your biceps and a bigger back...which IMO is way more impressive. Anyway, after a while you may want to evaluate your goals and if you want to start getting strong everywhere there's a few good beginner barbell programs out there...starting strength...but, you can find advice on that in another section as many have already said...

When you want some advice on a power rack/barbell/bench/etc this would be the place to post.

t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) t1trar1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    many thanks guys. especially to kodokan