Not content with average queenofswords's Avatar
    queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Glutes are not symmetrical at all.. help me please

Strange title but this is my problem:

my butt is not symmetrical- my left butt cheek has two (yes two) creases where the bum meets the leg...so its basially saggy. You can't actually see this from any of my pictures (thank god- because its actually really embarassing) because some of my pics are slightly hazy.

I realised not long ago that whenever I trained legs, I always started exercising my right leg before the left so that might explain part of the imbalance but I've been training for 2 years now and the crease situation hasn't improved (not one bit...even though I've started with the left leg for the past 5 months or so)

Is it just a matter of majorly challenging the glutes with rlly heavy resistance? I can't use heavy weight because of a shoulder injury and I'm not a member of a gym....
    I dont know if its about using heavy weights or doing much more cardio... because my glutes do have a fair bit of fat on them.
    If anyone has any educated thoughts on this and about what I can do in terms of training i'd rlly appreciate it cuz I don't know how to improve this.

(ps, I train legs and glutes twice a week, with about 5-6 exercises each time with either only bodyweight or light weights).

Thanks.
    Last edited by queenofswords; 09-12-2010 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Actually, turns out it IS visible in my pics...not as cringe-worthy as in real life in a bikini though. :'(
    Enviable Pro bods: Sherlyn Roy; Monica Guerra; Nicole Wilkins- Lee; Rachel Cammon; Jennifer Nicole Lee.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I can relate Building more muscle is the answer. Most likely heavier weight is needed. Without being able to go heavy you're only hope is high rep with whatever weight you have access to. Plus bleacher/stair climbing, sprints, jumping lunges, etc.

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One legged exercises as well.

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some of that can be uneven fat distribution, too. Not much you can do about it other than accept a slight variance, or get even leaner. Problem is the butt is usually one of the last places to go for women and you would have to be *very* lean to get all the fat off it. Says me with an uneven butt as well.

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    Some of that can be uneven fat distribution, too. Not much you can do about it other than accept a slight variance, or get even leaner. Problem is the butt is usually one of the last places to go for women and you would have to be *very* lean to get all the fat off it. Says me with an uneven butt as well.
    Sagging means more fat loss won't do it. Could be lose skin too, but more glute development will help both issues.

karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50) karoline8 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by queenofswords View Post
    Strange title but this is my problem:

my butt is not symmetrical- my left butt cheek has two (yes two) creases where the bum meets the leg...so its basially saggy. You can't actually see this from any of my pictures (thank god- because its actually really embarassing) because some of my pics are slightly hazy.

I realised not long ago that whenever I trained legs, I always started exercising my right leg before the left so that might explain part of the imbalance but I've been training for 2 years now and the crease situation hasn't improved (not one bit...even though I've started with the left leg for the past 5 months or so)

Is it just a matter of majorly challenging the glutes with rlly heavy resistance? I can't use heavy weight because of a shoulder injury and I'm not a member of a gym....
    I dont know if its about using heavy weights or doing much more cardio... because my glutes do have a fair bit of fat on them.
    If anyone has any educated thoughts on this and about what I can do in terms of training i'd rlly appreciate it cuz I don't know how to improve this.

(ps, I train legs and glutes twice a week, with about 5-6 exercises each time with either only bodyweight or light weights).

Thanks.
    I LOVE working heavy on my legs, squats are awesome so don't get me wrong here as I do believe heavy weights would definetly help you, however, I've recently seen some great improvement in with my glutes due to running up hills...and I don't mean slow incline hills either...find the steepest hill you can and sprint up it (seriously). I do this as part of my runs 2 days a week and my bum has lifted noticably. I started with 2 hill sprints a run and am up to 6 hill sprints (and only have been doing this maybe 2 months)...when it starts to get almost easy then find a harder hill or do more sprints. Doing this will definetly work your glutes.
    ...karoline...

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    Sagging means more fat loss won't do it. Could be lose skin too, but more glute development will help both issues.
    This

Not content with average queenofswords's Avatar
    queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50) queenofswords will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    I'm afraid you're probably right...high likelihood its loose skin- its so unsightly...
    Just going to have to keep working towards steadily increasing resistance over a long period of time.

Ive always incorporated lots of single legged exercises as well, I'll keep doing those.

Tnx 4 the good input here
    Enviable Pro bods: Sherlyn Roy; Monica Guerra; Nicole Wilkins- Lee; Rachel Cammon; Jennifer Nicole Lee.

Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Holly2710 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same issue. Only my left love handle is bigger than my right :P
    Also, my right quad and glute is bigger and stronger than my left one. Just keep doing more sets on the lagging side, and remeber not everyone was born symetrical.

Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Irish Babe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same issue...I have a "fat roll" under one but cheek but not the other. Do i just do more WEIGHT on that leg or more REPS?

AlyWorks has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's a relief to know I'm not the only one with the "banana roll"! I hit legs heavy three times a week (never working them two days in a row). I've been doing this for over a year now and have seen improvement in the overall shape and size off my butt and legs by doing 10-12 reps and 3-5 sets on everything from lunges and squats to hip thrusts and deadlifts. YET THE BANANA ROLL IS STILL THERE. I noticed when i added cardio and ate lots of plain lean meat and vegis that is became smaller… but then again so did my muscles (which I was not happy about). So i began eating more calories and more meals again and just today I noticed that my other butt cheek may be starting to do this! How do you shape up creases?? Anybody???

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OP do you have any problems of spinal alignment? Like a small amount of scoliosis maybe? Sometimes that can cause the difference.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

CRM1304 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Everyone has some level of asymmetry. Mine is my left oblique and my left glute is definitely weaker than my right. I fight it by spending one day where I go 2x1 on single leg exercises. Example: Bulgarian split squat- first do your weak side reps, then your strong side reps, then do the weak side again. I also carry my groceries, purse on my weak side now, walk the dog holding with my weak side, etc. Seems to have helped the glute, but I'm still playing catch-up with the oblique. Hope this helps.