Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    luv4boxing has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Side deltoid exercises

I have never once felt a burn of any kind in my deltoids. Its always in my traps. I have tried everythig (high rep, low rep, cheating, strict, ladders, negatives, odd angles) but nothing works. My traps are over developed and my side and rear delts are pittiful.

Does anyone have any advice or maybe advanced lifts I might not have heard of to help isolate the deltoids from the traps?

MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000) MattyG is a name known to all. (+5000)
    lying lateral raises are good IMO

denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) denbrkln has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Lateral raises, but position your palms inwards at a 45 degree angle and grip the dumbbell at the end closest to your body (not in the center).

Rub some funk on it watermelon_2001's Avatar
    watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) watermelon_2001 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've tried doing T-raises recently, and found them to work pretty well. It basically mimics the machine version of a lateral-raise, where you keep a much greater bend in your elbows and force your elbows up to drive the weight. Also a bonus, if you train traps on the same day as delts, is that it works them to a degree too.
    Anorexia dragged me to rock-bottom; watch me build myself back up...

My Journal; http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=118286631

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday.

SirWankAlot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SirWankAlot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Some Lateral Deltoids excersises include ;

- Upright Rows (they get me burning)
    - Lateral Raises

These are the primary Lateral Deltoids excersises, most of the other excersises for this specific muscle group are variations on either one of these.

Source :

exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html#anchor1933886

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do compound sets of lateral raises and dumbbell shoulder presses in that order. Laterals- Go to failure and use weight that will allow you to perform 10-12. Presses- Go to failure and use weight that will allow you to perform 6-8. Do three or four sets with 1 1/2 mins. rest between. You should feel a burn.

ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZoranM has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You don't need "advanced" lifts whatever they might be.Feeling it in your traps says your doing it wrong.
    Learn proper form on lateral raises.
    bb.com, a place that turned Deadlift into a forearm isolation exercise

and a place where 99% of 21 year olds have bad back and knees.

Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Beachman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ZoranM View Post
    You don't need "advanced" lifts whatever they might be.Feeling it in your traps says your doing it wrong.
    Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    ^^^These.

christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250) christos_swc has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    +1
    You can't go wrong with lateral raises for building side delts.
    Just learn to do it right.

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You can try overhead presses.
    GOMAD!

Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50) Hellcraft will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lateral raises and upright rows. If you don't feel that in your delts you're doing it wrong. Post a video for form check.

Just a gym rat TheProgressiveOne's Avatar
    TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheProgressiveOne has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just do heavy ass shoulder presses..eat a crap load and it will sort itself out.

pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pumplikecuming is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    max-ot presses blew up my side delt. Cable side laterals with the cable behind you. And regular old lateral raises with db. It is important to note that you have to get stronger in these exercises. Don't exercise hop and expect to see all these great gains. Get good at 1-2 exercises and keep adding weight. You won't see any type of hypertrophy until you gain all neural gains from the rep range you use, so switching exercises works a different set of fibers and you continuously change what you do...what do you expect....
    Last edited by pumplikecuming; 09-13-2010 at 08:27 PM.

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2 words brah (PRE-EXHAUST)

Hir your traps hard and hit them first. They'll be way less likely to get involved in your shoulder exercises.

Then move on to shoulder presses. Barbell presses are my favorite but I like to alternate week to week wether I use DB's or BB's, then move on to your lateral raises. Do them very super strict and 1 shoulder at a time so you can really focus on the lift. Most important out of all of this is not to just drop the weight. Focus hard on the negative portion of the lift for shoulders. Resist the weight on the way down brah.
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000) Vigilante_Inc is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by pumplikecuming View Post
    max-ot presses blew up my side delt. Cable side laterals with the cable behind you. And regular old lateral raises with db. It is important to note that you have to get stronger in these exercises. Don't exercise hop and expect to see all these great gains. Get good at 1-2 exercises and keep adding weight. You won't see any type of hypertrophy until you gain all neural gains from the rep range you use, so switching exercises works a different set of fibers and you continuously change what you do...what do you expect....
    This is good advice. For shoulders you really need to master the basics first. Overhead press, side lateral raises, bentover later raises.

Stick to those 3 for a few months and tell me you dont make some gains. Try and increase the weight you can use with the BB overhead press. Use a weight you can get for 8 reps until you can get it for 12 then bump the weight up until you can get that new weight 12 then bump it again. Ans super strict form is more important on lat raises than the weight you use. Theres lots of vids of huge body builders using like 35's but they're like 5 degree bend at the elbow and super strict. There delts do all the work. No momentum no traps just their delts
    THE AWARE
    Indiana, USA
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142412021

LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) LetsGoHeavy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    try seated raises with dumbells and doing drop sets 12 with your heaviest weight, straight down to 8 with a lighter weight then 6 with an even lighter weight, no rest inbetween.

I do this with 15 kg , 12 kg and 10 kg dumbells and the burn in the shoulders is intense, if you dont get a burn of doing this, youre doing something wrong!
    aint 'nuttin to it, but to do it.

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by luv4boxing View Post
    I have never once felt a burn of any kind in my deltoids. Its always in my traps. My traps are over developed and my side and rear delts are pittiful
    lying side laterals involve minimal traps.

also might want to try side laterals while sitting back on an incline bench. they still involve traps but not as much. try & find a bench where the dbs can actually go behind your back & touch each rep at the bottom. it seems strange at first to do side laterals on an incline bench, but a guy here told me about them & they are better imo.

i would suggest 15 reps per set using very strict where u hold the peak contraction for a second at the top, when u can no longer do this due to fatigue, pump out another 10 reps explosively even using momentum. so 15 full strict reps + another 10 which end up being partials. it seems high but u should be able to do each set within 60 secs which is still in the hypertrophy range.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    Wouldn't the best way to avoid relying on traps be to do these at a slower tempo? It is possible to cheat and not use the deltoids by rapidly shrugging the weight up to get past weak or sticking points (much like the same is done during a clean in olympic lifting) but you pretty much can't do it when you're doing it slowly, right?

One way to do it too is at the bottom of each rep, pretend like you are trying to push your dumbbells into the ground, like your shoulders are coming out of your sockets. This will depress your scapulae and stretch out the traps. Also, the delts help to hold your humeri in their sockets so I think it could help stretch them a bit too.

I remember in Pavel's Beyond Bodybuilding he says to focus on pushing outward as you go up, maybe helps as opposed to focusing on 'up' which is upper trappish.

Also, changing the angle of a lateral raise (though you would have to do it 1 arm at a time) might help too, like if you leaned away from your dumbbell, the trap wouldn't be pulling 'up' anymore right?

x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-ray vision has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Vigilante_Inc View Post
    2 words brah (PRE-EXHAUST)

Hir your traps hard and hit them first. They'll be way less likely to get involved in your shoulder exercises.
    If someone were feeling it too much in his triceps when doing bench presses, would you recommend he pre-exhaust triceps first? That's what you're doing here. By taking your advice he would feel it even more in his traps on shoulder exercises.

brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000) brianhorne3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Upright rows with a wider grip, puts more emphasis on the delts and less on the traps. And make sure form is right.
    Do not pray for an easier life, instead pray to be a stronger man

I do not want to become stronger, faster, or better. I want to become the strongest, the fastest, and the best.

Someone once told me not to bite off more than I could chew. I said I would rather choke on greatness than nibble on mediocrity.

B.S. Biology Class of 2011

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gomez26 View Post
    lying side laterals involve minimal traps.

also might want to try side laterals while sitting back on an incline bench. they still involve traps but not as much. try & find a bench where the dbs can actually go behind your back & touch each rep at the bottom. it seems strange at first to do side laterals on an incline bench, but a guy here told me about them & they are better imo.

DD? and are you sitting on an inline bench like you would for curls or a press or are you facing the incline bench?
    and what angle?
    “You never won’t know what you can’t achieve until you don’t achieve it.”

_OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000) _OZ_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    There is guy who used to post on this forum, DiamondDelts. If you search for his threads he's written a lot of interesting info on delt training.

newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250) newbreedfreak has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Side raises, wide upright rows, cable side raises, and my new favorite, partial side raises. Pump is good with the partials.

EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500) EPMD is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tyciol View Post
    I remember in Pavel's Beyond Bodybuilding he says to focus on pushing outward as you go up, maybe helps as opposed to focusing on 'up' which is upper trappish.
    Excellent! Thanks for that.

al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by MattyG View Post
    Negged!

Lat raises are a waste of time!!

It's all about shoulder presses!

SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SwagMorris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And..... this

But, I like face pulls (of the cable and band variety) to work my anterior and medial delts. Yes they also work traps. Yes get over it.
    Home Gym Crew
    AP4
    Pureblood

watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000) watertoy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cable side flyes are superior.
    -Roger Stone's on the loose; quislings on the run.
    -of Nolibs "Donald stumped him & everyone else in the race, even Lyin' Ted Cruz!"
    -Donald trump tears a hole,destroys my self esteem... And trump could win it all,my rightful place from birth,dad i've let you down,dub i've made you...hurt
    -Donald for a long time, Donald for a long time, Go tell that syphilis tongued liar
    -Now this nation that I love has fallen under attack,
    Through our DJT,
    we lit up the cucks,
    Like the fourth of July

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by djansen View Post
    DD? and are you sitting on an inline bench like you would for curls or a press or are you facing the incline bench?
    and what angle?
    sitting like in curls or presses, not facing bench. using maybe 60 deg. like i said with the right bench u can make the dumbells touch behind your body.
    someone else put me onto them, not dd but i havent read his stuff in ages, maybe he does them as well.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50) rivet0r will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree and disagree. Yes horrible form will use more traps, but sometimes even perfect form will do the same, especially when your traps completely overpower your shoulders. You really need to think about the muscle you are trying to hit, and think about using it to lift the weight up.

Originally Posted by SwagMorris View Post
    And..... this

But, I like face pulls (of the cable and band variety) to work my anterior and medial delts. Yes they also work traps. Yes get over it.
    I think you meant posterior and medial.
    Remember that guy that gave up? Neither does anybody else.

IceHandz906 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Simply take a bar, and do a set of behind the neck presses, then a set of uprights, and then a set of front lateral raises, all with the same bar although you'll have to remove weights to do the front lateral raises, and then repeat it all for another full set. This three-way superset technique always works for me.