bigFish87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

jump rope vs jogging

So i have read in mens fitness that a study shows that 10 mins of jump roping is equal to half hour of jogging... is this true and do you get same or better results from jump roping?

Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Interesting, I was just thinking of adding some jump rope in to my routine for Cardio as it is something I could do in my apartment.
    *Misc Photography Crew*

themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10) themilkybarkid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by bigFish87 View Post
    So i have read in mens fitness that a study shows that 10 mins of jump roping is equal to half hour of jogging... is this true and do you get same or better results from jump roping?
    im not sure of the exact ratios but what they are saying is true: you dont have to do as much jump rope to burn the same amount of calories as you would doing jogging because the jump rope is an explosive exercise and not only requires more energy to perform but also raises your metabolism for longer too. same goes for if you wanted to do a few sprints as well