jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

BRos that lost 100 pounds in 1 year

How did you do it without keeping all that loose skin?

Just 500 calories below maintenance and lift heavy?

futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jmal2000 View Post

pretty much...except I still have loose skin on my stomach. I lost about 110 pounds in one year. You have to understand that with that amount of weight lost in such a small period of time... you're going to have SOME loose skin. If you do it early enough, your skin will adjust over a long period of time. I have noticed that it is beginning to firm up as I get leaner. However, it's been about a year now since I lost all the weight.

choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) choonyuen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by futerpe View Post
    pretty much...except I still have loose skin on my stomach. I lost about 110 pounds in one year. You have to understand that with that amount of weight lost in such a small period of time... you're going to have SOME loose skin. If you do it early enough, your skin will adjust over a long period of time. I have noticed that it is beginning to firm up as I get leaner. However, it's been about a year now since I lost all the weight.

bro do u do cardio at all ?

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I lost 73lbs and had a little loose skin. Not much to do about it. You just kind of have to deal with it.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    down 125lbs from January this year, yep loose skin, but it will tighten up when I bulk up, it isn't a load of skin and honestly there is still fat with it, so will tell ya how it looks when I finish up my cut in December.
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50) futerpe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by choonyuen View Post
    bro do u do cardio at all ?
    I actually used to run up to 9 miles on the treadmill... did cardio pretty much 6 days a week. It took me a while to realize that I was doing too much, and I lost a huge amount of muscle as a result. Now I do cardio about 3/4 days out of the week, and lift 6 times a week.

breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10) breaktheground is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by futerpe View Post
    I actually used to run up to 9 miles on the treadmill... did cardio pretty much 6 days a week. It took me a while to realize that I was doing too much, and I lost a huge amount of muscle as a result. Now I do cardio about 3/4 days out of the week, and lift 6 times a week.
    same here, cardio helps but in the end isn't AS important as people think, diet is MUCH more the deciding factor. And loose skin does tighten up with time.

Follow the simple guidelines in my signature and be patient, guaranteed results if you're dedicated.

al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100) al-faz is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by jmal2000 View Post

I see you are not ready to do cardio lol!

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That loose skin problem is very interesting, but I feel like as if after long time periods the skin has to adjust itself to any huge loss of fat and tighten up. I mean it's a living organ, it's constantly shedding,etc, you would thing it would repair itself eventually.

Both OP and I want to know if anyone has successfully gotten rid of all the loose skin from their past. Some people have recommended like salt baths and lotion/creams to help supposedly.

Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tobey77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Concistency is key, diet week in and week out. When you start to think about failing or eating something you shouldnt. Do something that keeps your mind off it,doesnt matter what it is as long is it doesnt include stuffing your face with anything. Anyone who is obese is sure to have an eating disorder, and we have to cure it ourselfs.

Worry about the skin later, time will heal most of it. But if you get too much, go see a doctor. here in sweden that operation is free if you have lost enough weight
    "A single measurement is worth a thousand opinions"

Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50) Invidia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Down 108 pounds since January

Lift heavy, take multi, drink fish oil and rub the lotion on your skin ... That's all there's to it to avoid loose skin
    Achieving Zangief Mode log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124053701

Down 122 pounds since January 2010!

M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) M0rphin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lost 125 since april 09 and need to lose another 20ish of fat. I believe I may have some sag in my lower belly when its all done. Im hoping a year of eating well and deadlifting and squatting heavy tighten things up.

...on a mission... AlphaBrass01's Avatar
    AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) AlphaBrass01 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    That loose skin problem is very interesting, but I feel like as if after long time periods the skin has to adjust itself to any huge loss of fat and tighten up. I mean it's a living organ, it's constantly shedding,etc, you would thing it would repair itself eventually.

Both OP and I want to know if anyone has successfully gotten rid of all the loose skin from their past. Some people have recommended like salt baths and lotion/creams to help supposedly.
    Personally, I don't think there is a way to avoid it completely. However, it does improve slightly over time. I lost over 120 pounds in a little more than a year when I started getting healthier and have a ton of loose skin. I kept lifting heavy and I've added about 10 pounds since then (more muscle than fat). I think time helps, and adding muscle to fill in some of the space vacated by the lost fat.

If you really hate it after awhile, there's always skin removal surgery. Personally, though it does definitely look weird, I see it as a sign of what I've accomplished. Also, I'm just not willing to go through an operation to get rid of it. I'd rather spend a few more years busting my *** to fill it in as much as possible with muscle.

http://www.********.com/AlphaBrass01

Plan: Lean>Swole>Ripped Iron Chicano's Avatar
    Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hear you bro. Luckily for now its in areas I can cover with a shirt. Another problem for me is stretch marks but I'm not going to worry about that right now maybe after I drop more fat.
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~
    My Double-T 10 Week Challenge Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122543661
    Cutting till theres nothing left.

mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mczern has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I started off losing weight while I was about 315lbs in March of 2004 or so... really started burning off the lbs a few months later when college started up in August of 2004. From august until May of 2005 I lost at least 100lbs of fat and gained quite a bit of lean mass from noob gains during that time. A few years later I still had that flap of loose skin on my stomach, thankfully being in the military and what not it wasn't hard to convince one of the Navy docs to approve an adominoplasty.

3 years since the operation or so and I am pretty happy with the results... still some loose skin in places but it's not bad enough to the point where I'm unhappy with it. Just keep dropping the weight and even though the skin might be 'loose' it will appear to tighten up because there's no BF weighing it down.

At least that was my experience with weightloss.

Plan: Lean>Swole>Ripped Iron Chicano's Avatar
    Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50) Iron Chicano will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^^Have you gained weight after the cut?
    ~Sh!tty Chest Crew~
    My Double-T 10 Week Challenge Log - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122543661
    Cutting till theres nothing left.

dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dbluegoat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    some of it will depend on how big you are when you start....

I lost 90lbs the first 50 weeks and around 110 total in a little over a year and a half.

you must lift heavy!!! I have slowed down some because I do want to give the skin some time to catch up. Losing 100-150lbs real fast will definitely leave alot of skin no way to avoid it

seriously if I was to continue how I started I would lose a total of 200lbs there is no way you could avoid loose skin with that kind of loss. 100 or less you can probably avoid it.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster. kingof_queens's Avatar
    kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Less then a year ago, I weighed in at over 350lbs.

Today I weight about 225lbs.

I have a before pic in my profile where I was about 340lbs, and my avi picture was taken about a week ago.

I have a little bit of loose skin near the bottom of my belly, but it doesn't really bother me because I know it will tighten up as time goes by and I get leaner.

Loose skin really should be the last of your concerns bud. I'd take being healthy and lean with loose skin over obese walking heart attack any day, as anyone in their right mind should.
    "The Mind is the Battleground"

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kingof_queens View Post

I have a before pic in my profile where I was about 340lbs, and my avi picture was taken about a week ago.

I have a little bit of loose skin near the bottom of my belly, but it doesn't really bother me because I know it will tighten up as time goes by and I get leaner.

Loose skin really should be the last of your concerns bud. I'd take being healthy and lean with loose skin over obese walking heart attack any day, as anyone in their right mind should.
    what was your diet like?

i am currently a little overweight (though it's not super obvious in my profile pic)...but i can't figure out what to eat that will make me lose fat at a decent pace while still keeping my strength up.
    Bench:
    current- 150 /// goal- 200

"I might be weak now, but eventually I'll be stronger. You, on the other hand, will always be a douchebag."

jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmal2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

so i'm assuming you did resistance training during your weight loss, how much did your bench go up from initially being fat? or were you already strong?

kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000) kingof_queens is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First 6 months or so, my main focus was cardio, with some resistance training.

Last 6 months or so, my main focus has been resistance training.

I wasn't weak when I started, but no where near as strong.

For example now i'm up to the 110lb DB's for chest press on the flat bench. IIRC I started with the 65's.

I can do about 8 reps of 225lbs barbell flat bench and I started out not even being able to do one.

For my diet; first few months it was basically as little carbs as possible, with lots of protein. Then for about a month or so, I did the typical 40/40/20 style diet. Then keto for a few months, and finally the last few months has been back to a 40/40/20 style diet, but I play my nutrition by ear. If I don't feel I need carbs, I don't eat them. I'll eat more protein instead, etc.

The change in my physique was drastic as soon as I started taking lifting weights more seriously. I highly recommend to everyone that weight training is their main focus in the gym when losing weight.

"I will not stop until I have an armor plated chest, boulder shoulders, castle back, pillar quads and a set of rock solid abs for the ladies"

Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Chubbs387 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First 6 months or so, my main focus was cardio, with some resistance training.

Last 6 months or so, my main focus has been resistance training.

I wasn't weak when I started, but no where near as strong.

For example now i'm up to the 110lb DB's for chest press on the flat bench. IIRC I started with the 65's.

I can do about 8 reps of 225lbs barbell flat bench and I started out not even being able to do one.

For my diet; first few months it was basically as little carbs as possible, with lots of protein. Then for about a month or so, I did the typical 40/40/20 style diet. Then keto for a few months, and finally the last few months has been back to a 40/40/20 style diet, but I play my nutrition by ear. If I don't feel I need carbs, I don't eat them. I'll eat more protein instead, etc.

The change in my physique was drastic as soon as I started taking lifting weights more seriously. I highly recommend to everyone that weight training is their main focus in the gym when losing weight.
    wow well obviously it worked if you lost 100 lbs. repped.
    hopefully i can get similar results.
    Bench:
    current- 150 /// goal- 200

"I might be weak now, but eventually I'll be stronger. You, on the other hand, will always be a douchebag."

Originally Posted by Chubbs387 View Post
    wow well obviously it worked if you lost 100 lbs. repped.
    hopefully i can get similar results.
    I'm not going to lie, I absolutely busted my ass in the gym, including many many days of going twice in a day and when not in the gym, running outside with a 40lbs weighted vest.

My diet/training was what I thought about when I went to sleep, when I woke up, and then throughout the day. I was focused on one thing, and one thing only, and i'm finally just about there. Small price to pay IMO for how incredible life is now.

Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brian94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How exactly do you start lifting on flat bench for the first time, with 65lb dumbbells? You were just born with perfect genetics and muscles??

Just curious... no hate.

Originally Posted by Brian94 View Post
    How exactly do you start lifting on flat bench for the first time, with 65lb dumbbells? You were just born with perfect genetics and muscles??

Just curious... no hate.
    Ok so I just checked in my weight loss log, and on an entry made on 10/30 (I started mid-September) I noted that i'm now able to DB press the 65's. So my appologies there. I didn't start on the 65's, but I can't imagine they were that much lower, maybe 55's or 60's, dunno.

any1 make the transformation on cell tech?

cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cyco85 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You're gonna have to have a larger deficit than 500, FYI. Just doing the math:

500*365/3500 = 52 pounds
    Barely decent crew