daklog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lightbulb Help blasting plast this plateu

July of last year i was 298 pounds when i stepped on the scale and I had to do something before i ate my way to a stroke. I lifted rigorously and ate better and now i'm down to 243 pounds. I lost mostly fat and even noticed some increase in strength so I probably didn't lose muscle. I try to consume between 2000 calories and 2300 calories everyday but I hit a plateau and stopped losing weight the past 6 weeks. I take a multivitamin in the morning along with a fish oil, and have a postworkout protein shake along with some carbs. I workout my entire body in a 4 day split and do cardio a few times a week first thing in the morning. Do you have any advice to help me break through this plateu? Am I not consuming enough calories?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your routine like? How heavy are you lifting?
    What are you eating for carbs? The kinds of carbs you want are complex, oatmeal, ezekiel bread, etc...with a glycemic index of 50 or under.
    What are your meals like?
    Hit cardio hard, if you havent read about MaxOT cardio, now is the time to do so. Its only 16 minutes but your heart rate is elevated for the next 2-3 hours and metabolism is raised significantly.
    Actually, everyone is different but check out MaxOT, i swear by it and have awesome CONSISTENT results from it. I eat 2300 calories a day, i am 5 foot 10 as well and lose about 2 pounds a week.
    You are probably in a calorie maintenance, thus your weight loss "plateau".
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

If you are 40 pounds less than me and eat the same calories a day as me, how in the world did you think that you are at a defecit but i'm at maintenance? simply weighing more puts my maintenance above yours, regardless of how hard I'm lifting.

I lift about an hour each session after warming up and stretching, as for cardio, I am doing HIIT but will check out maxOT

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was 240 lbs when i started, well 222 when starting lifting. I am in a huge deficit because im working out for nearly 2.5 hours 5 days a week, and cardio 5 days a week, even MaxOT says 45 mins but i increased the volume tremendously to speed things up but i am constantly hungry.
    Fat loss is all about calories in, and calories out. Im burning like 3900 calories a day though....
    You WILL lose weight if you are in a deficit, period.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Brutal skin thinning igglesphan's Avatar
    igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000) igglesphan is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daklog View Post
    July of last year i was 298 pounds when i stepped on the scale and I had to do something before i ate my way to a stroke. I lifted rigorously and ate better and now i'm down to 243 pounds. I lost mostly fat and even noticed some increase in strength so I probably didn't lose muscle. I try to consume between 2000 calories and 2300 calories everyday but I hit a plateau and stopped losing weight the past 6 weeks. I take a multivitamin in the morning along with a fish oil, and have a postworkout protein shake along with some carbs. I workout my entire body in a 4 day split and do cardio a few times a week first thing in the morning. Do you have any advice to help me break through this plateu? Am I not consuming enough calories?
    You certainly wont get the results you're looking for by INCREASING calories. I would start to decrease calories in 10% increments. Monitor it for 2-3 weeks and then decrease again if necessary.

burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) burtonator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Also, congrats on sticking it through the last 6 weeks. Plateau's are rough but everyone has them. You'll fail if you just give up on a plateau.

One trick which is what I did - try going low carb and low calorie. Give yourself a SIGNIFICANT deficit... WAY past what you would need to break the plateau. Then bring it up to a comfortable level so you're not losing to fast.

It's a GREAT way to boost your confidence again and get the scales moving.

I just did it actually. Happy with my progress so far... down from 192-185 in the last 2 weeks.

My target is 170........ gr..... only 15 more lbs.

Registered (ab)user dillingerescp's Avatar
    dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dillingerescp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    You need to shock your system back into it. I'd actually say take a 1 or 2 week break from working out, but still maintain a good diet. Keep calories the same, or slightly increase them...

Then after 1 or 2 weeks hit the gym hard. Your body is used to the diet and working out, you need to shock it a bit.
    "Friends come and go, but 200 pounds will always be 200 pounds."

mikepidgeon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do sumfin different!

Hey man, the best way through a plateau is to do somthing that your body is not accustomed to, eg: try HIIT training - jump on a Eliptical trainer straight after your weights session and smash out 3 -4 intervals of 30 -60 seconds as fast as you can go! it will boost your metabolism and shock your body into action!

thanks to all

@ burtonator - how long should i remain at the low cal low carb diet for?

@ mikepidgeon - thanks buddy, i'll try that tomorrow

tomorrow will be low cals, low carbs, and HIT cardio day - hopefully we can get the ball rolling again! will post again in a few days with an update, in the mean time anyone else with insightful information - i'd greatly appreciate any and all advice!!