LilKyle3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilKyle3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey protein powder.. how much should I use?

im using ON 100% whey protein and how much milk should I mix with a rounded scoop? and should I drink one rounded scoop pre workout and one scoop post workout, or should it be one scoop in total?

KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KuRdiSh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    read the back. I think its 8-12oz per scoop or something

Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gun Master is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LilKyle3 View Post
    im using ON 100% whey protein and how much milk should I mix with a rounded scoop? and should I drink one rounded scoop pre workout and one scoop post workout, or should it be one scoop in total?
    level off the scoops, also just drink it with water.

have one scoop pre-workout and two scoops post workout.

hope this helps!
    "All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    Seven Pillars of Wisdom, Lawrence of Arabia

LilKyle3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LilKyle3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    would it taste horrible with water? and also milk has more cals which would be good for my bulk?

stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) stealthmoe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    it's built to go with water. ON does a good job with mixability. I can pretty much drink 8 oz of anything. I use chocolate whey from ON and it tastes like hot chocolate (cold obvi).

*YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250) *YoungGuns* has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Gun Master View Post
    level off the scoops, also just drink it with water.

have one scoop pre-workout and two scoops post workout.

hope this helps!
    Agree, I'd say pre workout it wouldn't be to bad but I definately wouldn't take it with milk post workout. Milk is high in fat. Fat slows down your digestion, and you want your protein digesting quickly after your workout.

ooo never thought of that. thanks. how long before workout should i drink? an hour?

packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) packinglarge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LilKyle3 View Post
    ooo never thought of that. thanks. how long before workout should i drink? an hour?
    i do half an hour..just enough time for it to get into your system plus you wont be feeling bloated aswell
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

Its not about how much you can lift,its about how much you look like you can lift.

should I be drinking protein shakes during the rest days of rippetoe's?

Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lexemes is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Please do yourself a favour and only use protein as a supplement. That means if you haven't made your requirements or you don't feel you'll make your requirements without it, THEN you use it. Otherwise food is no different. Except post-workout. Post-workout you'll want whey, which is fast digesting, meaning it'll start working on repairing the torn muscle fibers faster. So you'll want it post. As far as pre-workout, just eat a decent meal an hour (give or take 15 minutes) before you go to the gym or start working out.

Typically I eat breakfast, and then pre-workout which is usually something like oatmeal with a banana/orange juice (with plenty of water) for a good source of energy, then an hour or so later I'll hit my workout, and immediately after I take 2 scoops (30grams) of whey protein with half a liter (500ml/16 ounces) of chocolate milk and a banana blended in. The taste is actually pretty good. Something like 540 calories, 46 grams of protein, 10 grams of fat, and 60 grams of carbs.
    "The brain does much more than just recollect. It inter-compares, it synthesizes, it analyzes -- it generates abstractions.

The simplest thought like the concept of the number one, has an elaborate logical underpinning. The brain has its own language for testing the structure and consistency of the world." - Carl Sagan