lilporki08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best Protein Powder for me?

Okay so I am a 21 year old male in college about 145 lbs and about to graduate and become an officer in the active duty army in December. I have always worked out but now I am running 3 times a week and the other 3 days either lifting working on upper body or body weight exercises. I run anywhere from 3-6+ miles in a time of about 18-60 mins.

I am looking for a protein powder to help with recovery and make me feel not so sore for the next day's workout. I am not trying to gain huge muscle mass and gain alot of weight as I am a good, light, and fast runner and definitely want to keep that. But I am working on making my upper body from the waist up very lean and strong endurance wise so I can crank out 80+ pushups and 90+ situps for my PT tests in the Army. So I do not want to get bulky just a strong body to do as many reps of pushups and situps as possible. What is the best protein powder for me? Ive looked at Accelerade and Endurox so far. Almost bought Endurox but it seems high in sugar. I want something to help with recovery but not to bulk me up.

Also this may be the wrong place, but I could also use a workout for my upper body using weights. Ive just been doing low weights with many reps but do not have much direction as I have never really lifted before. Like I said trying to get the best possible workouts in to push out as many reps as possible before muscle failure and looking for upper body and ab workouts to maximize this, as well as a good protein powder for this. Thanks.

Randy

WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000)
    virtually any whey protein powder will be better than endurox as far as muscle soreness and growth. something simple like ON gold standard would be sufficient. other than that, monitor your calories to maintain your current weight if you don't want to "bulk".

and read the stickies.

lilporki08 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WarEeyore View Post
    virtually any whey protein powder will be better than endurox as far as muscle soreness and growth. something simple like ON gold standard would be sufficient. other than that, monitor your calories to maintain your current weight if you don't want to "bulk".

and read the stickies.
    But Ive seen on all of this stuff for 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio. Im deciding between ON gold standard, Endurox, and ON 100% Oats and Whey.

WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000) WarEeyore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lilporki08 View Post
    But Ive seen on all of this stuff for 4 to 1 carb to protein ratio. Im deciding between ON gold standard, Endurox, and ON 100% Oats and Whey.
    i prefer to get carbs from whole foods, but usually the idea behind a protein powder is more protein than carbs. that said, if you want carbs and are deciding between those 3 i'd go with oats and whey.

zrugge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zrugge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zrugge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zrugge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zrugge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if i were you i would def go with on gold standard, great quality. And if you want to decrease soreness for the next day and all that stuff i would highly recommend scivation xtend, it works great, keeps me going through workout and makes it so im not sore the next day!

and if you dont want to bulk than just watch your diet a bulking diet is about 6000 cals a day so eat healthy, protein and complex carbs and you wont be bulkin

PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000) PurpleDrankNJ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ON Gold Standard and Myofusion are my top choices and if you got some spare cash maybe get intrabolic or P wrath to help get you through training and help with soreness. Some people like Golden Gains for protein and recovery, but personally I hate the taste and price tag.
    Aspiring to one Day work in the Fitness/Supplement Industry....Taking it one barefoot at a time.

**New Jersey Crew 732/973**
    ++ Positive Crew ++
    **MISC LIFTING CREW**
    ~Barefooters Crew~
    -oooO-----------
    -(__)----Oooo--
    --\-(------(__)--
    ---\_)-----)-/---
    ----------(_/----
    -----------------

For the love of ▪█───█▪

My SuperPump 3.0 Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160080601&p=1204515131#post1204515131

shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shadar is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zrugge View Post
    if i were you i would def go with on gold standard, great quality. And if you want to decrease soreness for the next day and all that stuff i would highly recommend scivation xtend, it works great, keeps me going through workout and makes it so im not sore the next day!

and if you dont want to bulk than just watch your diet a bulking diet is about 6000 cals a day so eat healthy, protein and complex carbs and you wont be bulkin

WTF are you talking about?
    Latest Reviews:

My huge list of informative links: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=132306613

Xtreme Formulations UP2 Multi-Flavor Review!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129562583