Jble90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Am I doing this right??

I'm a sophomore in college and i've been spending the last few weeks training cause I am on the crew (rowing) team. My question is mainly about nutrition but it kind of ties in everything.

I am currently 6'2 200 lbs and according to my step on scale thing i have about 15-16% body fat. I used to be at 14% last season but after a summer of drinking i'm where i'm at now. My goal is to see 12% or 190 lbs. So I'm trying to cut but also trying to build muscle at the same time for my sport

I have had a very rigid schedule as far as working out and eating and I want anyone's opinion to see if it should be tweeked at all.

My average daily intake are as follows:
    Calories: 1900
    fat: 23.7g
    Carbs: 173.5g
    Protein: 224.7g

Our workouts are at 6 am so I wake up at 5:45. I have eggbeaters and whey protein every morning immediately following workout. Then I have a chicken breast anywhere in between 10am-12. I'm thinking about lifting in the evenings around 9 o'clock, but other than that I eat light for the rest of the day until around 9:30-10 when I fall asleep. I take a multi-vitamin, vitamins b12, b-50 complex, e, c (as needed), alpha lipoic, coQ10, melatonin at night (as needed), omega- 3s, and selenium several times a week. I want to eventually transform my body but i know it takes steps so I want to see if I am headed in the right direction.

Rebelling in my psychosis thegymbum's Avatar
    thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000) thegymbum is just really nice. (+1000)
    How long an how intensely are you training? My firdst thought is that 1900 calories might be a little low for someone of your size who's training hard. I'd be worried that you'd b losing too fast, and end up losing a lot of muscle and really compromising your performance. How many calories have you been eating for the first few weeks of training?

Originally Posted by thegymbum View Post
    How long an how intensely are you training? My firdst thought is that 1900 calories might be a little low for someone of your size who's training hard. I'd be worried that you'd b losing too fast, and end up losing a lot of muscle and really compromising your performance. How many calories have you been eating for the first few weeks of training?
    once a week we run across the charleston bridge and back which is about 5 miles.

twice a week we run .8 miles to a half mile loop where we do circuits consisting of 10m lunges, jogging the long ends, then at each corner we would do either dips, military pushup, wide pushup, or diamond pushup. then we indian sprint the .8 miles back

the other two times a week we run .7 where we do circuits of 2x5 min stairs, and then a very thorough ab routine that i'm not gonna list everything haha.

sat/sunday we have off but i tend to be pretty active on saturdays anyway, maybe light jog or something.

starting next monday though we will be on water rowing for about an hour every day, in the afternoons we are expected to lift

oh and another question i have is this: can i have too little fat in my diet? My friend who is a bodybuilder told me i should under no circumstances eat over 60 grams of fat. The past two weeks I've done that but for example today i had less than 35 grams of fat. is that too low?

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jble90 View Post
    oh and another question i have is this: can i have too little fat in my diet? My friend who is a bodybuilder told me i should under no circumstances eat over 60 grams of fat. The past two weeks I've done that but for example today i had less than 35 grams of fat. is that too low?
    Good god, yes. Too little fat is unhealthy. Low-fat diets tend to be towards obese people who have no intention on bodybuilding and just want to lose weight. Of course, most of those diets don't differentiate the different types of fats because they are overly simplified for the masses.

The generally accepted rule is 0.3-0.5g of fat per 1 lb of lean body mass. Although, even 0.3 seems low to me.
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post

The generally accepted rule is 0.3-0.5g of fat per 1 lb of lean body mass. Although, even 0.3 seems low to me.
    Because it is
    .4-.5g/lb is a better recommendation unless you are really overweight
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head