WolfDale has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Elbow Pops every time i go low in a pushup?

Hey all!

Well, I guess im due for a little background as this is my first post:
    Im 15, about 5,8

I guess that's it Time for the problem:

Every time I do a pushup (whether im warmed up or not), I end up feeling a pop in my left elbow. If it happens while I do one pushup, it usually happens every-time i go down and up for the rest of my pushups.

So, im not sure I can demonstrate, but, as I go down, about 1 inch chest above floor, my left elbow lets out a little pop (and I feel something moving). Once I go down then go back up to that same 1inch position, I then get the same "pop" again.

Now, I want you to know that I had went to a physician who told me that nothing was wrong. I also complained about similar popping in the right leg, right around my hip. Evertime I want to bring my knee up to meet my elbow halfway I feel a pop, but it happens once.

Also please note that I do do about a 20 minute warm up session, followed by about 5 minutes of stretching.

Wolf

Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its not a huge problem. try to avoid it if you can. does it happen when you do bench press as well? try wide grip and if its ok then cut the pushups out of your routine. thats what i would do.
    Train hard, Have fun!
    http://www.a-lux.ca - Luxury Activewear

Honestly, I do not bench press, but I am guessing that the same problem will occur.

I find it that it happens when I put pressure on it. I do not seem to have the same problem when i do pull or chin ups.

Im avg - better build, im 128 pounds (I guess I had my height above). And that's about it. I enjoy doing pushups, it is fun, and I had recently gotten into diamond pushups which I can almost do reps of 40. (depends on my day). But at the same time, I cannot go low, if I try to go lower than 1 inch between chest and fingers, I seem to feel the pop.

On my hips, i feel it everytime i use it (Right hip, left elbow). This includes doing ab work on the ground including "pedals", "scissors", "in and out knees" and so on. In addition, it happens when i bring knee to elbow whether I am standing or on the low at a plank position (low plank obliques for example).

Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Juicy Sauce has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    snapping or popping sounds coming from joints is actually pretty common bro. i used to know the science behind it but it was not important enough to keep in my head this long. nothing to get worried about. try to avoid it if at all possible. if it gets worse you could have it checked out by a doc... good luck
    Train hard, Have fun!
    http://www.a-lux.ca - Luxury Activewear

alright thanks! I'll try to avoid it.

I realized that if I tuck my elbows in real close to my chest, the popping either happens less often, or completely stops for a couple.

I'll just tuck my elbows in tight, probaly my only choice.
    Doctor had diregraded it ever since I spoke to him about it, he said it was nothing. It just feels like y bones are rubbing at each other, but, doc says what he says (although, you know, they aren't always right)..

Again, ill just minimize the "popping" see if it goes away by itself!

Thanks again

sixthman6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by WolfDale View Post
    alright thanks! I'll try to avoid it.

I realized that if I tuck my elbows in real close to my chest, the popping either happens less often, or completely stops for a couple.

I'll just tuck my elbows in tight, probaly my only choice.
    Doctor had diregraded it ever since I spoke to him about it, he said it was nothing. It just feels like y bones are rubbing at each other, but, doc says what he says (although, you know, they aren't always right)..

Again, ill just minimize the "popping" see if it goes away by itself!

Thanks again
    more than likely it's due to bad aligment somewhere.....make sure your form is correct, from head to toe, even something small like having the wrist too flexed or too extended could be it.

Yea, I have thought of that exact thing, but then I realized everytime i throw a punch, whether it be a flat out air punch, air jab, body punch, if I do about 20 cross jabs, i notice the elbow to "move". This feeling just occurs on the left elbow. Same elbow as the "pop, crackle, and snap"

But yea, again, on a serious note, im going to try to keep it at a perfect form, and i might need to get it checked out again. My hips had an X-Ray done on them, nothing that seemed out of shape.

I guess ill just wait it out, if nothing happens, I seek more professional help

waterwork has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

relating

The same thing started happening to me, im also 15.

Wow, I had forgotten about this thread. But here I am 4 years later with no significant improvement (both in my progress and with my elbow).

I've been doing dumbell presses since, but after my first rep, pop, pop.

I realize I can't do much. My brother actually has the same issue. He plays baseball (15 now), and had me buy him compression sleeves to see if it would help. No dice. He did improve his game, but the pop and discomfort are still there for him.

I put one on on my left elbow and tried doing 15 push-ups. I can do them fine, but the discomfort+popping from my left elbow was too much..

I guess it's a lost cause. I've since looked for alternative exercises, my go to chest workouts are cable crossovers and bench Flys. Lately I've been slacking cuz of school, but the last time I vowed to get back to the gym permanently, my elbow was the reason I had stopped.

When I go back next week. I'm not letting it stop me. If others have the same issue, there isn't much you can do but avoid the same movements.

Most of my progress has come in the form of lower body fat. I've been eating healthier and doing more cardio. Still not happy with my size though.