RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

popped a blood vessel in my head

It has been many years since I popped a blood vessel in my head while lifting but I managed to do it again yesterday on BP of all things. I was having a great workout and boom it happened. I rested a while and tried to hit one of my last 2 ses of incline BP but my head started pounding again. I had already hit 2 solid sets of BP and close grip so I plan to bump my weight up again next week, I am running Coan.

My question is to those of you that have popped a blodd vessel recently how long did it take before you were able to train again without headaches? My head is fine while resting but I remember in the past that sometimes the headache would return again if I tried to train the next day or even a few days later. How long do I need to rest? I am not going to the DR as this has happened to me many times before. My brain is not swelling and all of my functions are fine.

Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cheap5.0 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    0_o

Scary sht bro. How does this not happen inside your brain if your poppin them in your head? Ya dig?
    Fierce Five log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172189533&p=1457532133

breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) breathinglife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RedMaster View Post
    It has been many years since I popped a blood vessel in my head while lifting but I managed to do it again yesterday on BP of all things. I was having a great workout and boom it happened. I rested a while and tried to hit one of my last 2 ses of incline BP but my head started pounding again. I had already hit 2 solid sets of BP and close grip so I plan to bump my weight up again next week, I am running Coan.

My question is to those of you that have popped a blodd vessel recently how long did it take before you were able to train again without headaches? My head is fine while resting but I remember in the past that sometimes the headache would return again if I tried to train the next day or even a few days later. How long do I need to rest? I am not going to the DR as this has happened to me many times before. My brain is not swelling and all of my functions are fine.
    I don't think that is a burst blood vessel; I think it's called a thunderclap headache.

The only time I had one is when I loaded the pull-down machine with 300 lbs and it hit me on the 8th rep. So, I was doing stupidly heavy assistance work that wasn't really necessary, and probably holding my breath when I should've been breathing more normally.

Just try not to do anything too crazy, and don't build up a lot of intra-abdominal pressure, i.e. don't do things like sets of 5+ reps on heavy squats with a belt.

My headache stayed for maybe a week or two as just a dull throbbing sensation. I was able to work out, it just got a little more bothersome whenever I exerted myself.
    637/390tng/615 - belt/wraps, best gym lifts.
    600/370/600 - best competition lifts.
    575/330/560 - best competition lifts at 181 raw.
    "I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize." - 1 Cor 9:27

Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skallagrim has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I've burst a lot of blood vessels (mainly other peoples' ) and I'd be careful if I were you. That can be serious.

Perhaps what you have, though, is an exertion headache:

"...During an intense physical activity, the temperature in the body rises and blood circulation also increases, resulting in the expansion of blood vessels. Experts believe that expanding vessels in the brain put pressure on the surrounding nerves and thus a headache ensues. It begins shortly after the activity and could last from just a few minutes to several hours. When the strenuous activity is continued, the headache becomes more painful and longer in duration. In some cases, the exertion headache progresses into a migraine that lasts for four to six hours. Usually, the pain starts at the back of the head and reduce in intensity after some hours. Other forms of migraine symptoms could arise as well....

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-Does-a...op?&id=2712883
    Valhalla awaits the strong.

Current Stats: 429 dead, 88 wounded.

RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50) RedMaster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    great responses and much appreciated. Perhaps I am not bursting blood vessels and it is simply something else. I have not had this happen since I was in my mid 20s and then it happened several times to me while training squats. This was the 1st time this has evern happened to me while training BP but I must admit that I had not warmed up really well but I had already completed 2 sets of ME BP and had moved on to close grip when it happened. I also don't know that it is an exertion headache as it sometimes comes back when I strain again for a few days but then goes away altogether after or before a week passes. It is certainly not a tumor as I have had this happen to me for the last 15 to 20yrs and it only happens on very rare occassions when I am lifting as heavy as I can go and straining as hard as I possibly can.

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Go get your blood pressure checked. You might have hypertension, and they can give you meds to lower it.
    MMMC/He-Man Crew

Misc Strength Crew

Bench: 295x4
    Squat: 315x4
    Dead: 370x4
    -Raw-
    ◕‿◕

superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) superseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm pretty sure i popped a blood vessel today after repping 225 in squats. I've had a headache since 9 this morning. How long will it take to recover?
    Current/Goal:

BW: 165/185
    Bench: 225/275
    PowerClean: 200/225
    Squat: 345/405
    PullUps: 17/20

Originally Posted by superseth View Post
    I'm pretty sure i popped a blood vessel today after repping 225 in squats. I've had a headache since 9 this morning. How long will it take to recover?
    All of the ones I have had lasted only a day or two and would not hurt as long as I didn't strain but as soon as I tried to life again they would become excruciating. I have found, over the years, that the more I push myself after my head begins to hurt the longer the problem will last. I once had to go without lifting for a week after continuing to train after my headache. I would suggest taking it easy and not lifting at all foe several days and if your head is still hurting you when you are not training you should get it checked out by a doc. Good luck.

boulton17 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i think i did the exact same thing on my squat night, after my squats i went to leg press and my last set on 160 kg my tenth rep i pushed it harder and strained myself harder than i ever have before then i experienced a sudden and very painful headache at the back of my head for a few minutes then it died down but the headache never fully went, that was on monday, but yesterday (wednesday) i went training as normal thinking i wud be fine. after my first 2 warm up sets on BP i was feeling good then on 60 kg on my 6th rep as soon as i pushed myself it happened again exactly the same as on monday. im still not sure whats happened to me im seeing a doc today but i can still feel the headache at the back of my head if i strain or shake my head. i think it mite be something to do with blood pressure cos if it was a burst blood vessel surely something serious would of happened to me by now, but im only 17 so i dont know if it would be blood pressure.
    i started taking creatine about 3 weeks ago it maybe something to do with that, anyone got any ideas on this?

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like you don't know what a intracranial hemorrhage (aka 'popped blood vessel') feels like. Those things can kill you.

If you have actually ruptured a blood vessel lifting in the past, you're an idiot for still lifting at all.

My guess is that you're just misinterpreting the symptoms of a headache.

kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50) kidkurious will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I had a headache after attempting a 20-rep squat.

It lasted a few days.
    "I lift things up and put them down"

Paler than Chalk GuinnessStrong's Avatar
    GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Go to a doctor, please! My uncle was the fittest guy I'd ever seen and popped an aneurysm doing a short, heavy workout. They said it had been building for a while and the workout set it off. He even admits to having felt something off in there once or twice before it happened. Luckily he's alive, but now he can't lift ever again and is missing a good bit of his skull.
    445/365/525

BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BongoBanger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Gotten these 2 times in my life, never fun, first time i didnt know what it was and i thought i was going to die.
    i took off about 2 months each time, even light lifting would bring it back.

I couldnt jerk off, sex, run, or play poker, anything that raised my pulse set it off again.

Heather19Angel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Me too!

I have only been power lifting for 2 months and had this once where I went blind in my left eye it was only the second time I have ever done squats (115x20)! It was like an instant migraine and 5 minutes later it went away! Well I haven't had a problem until about 10 days ago and it has been everyday even on my rest days I have a headache on that same side! It is always the left and it never goes away idk if maybe it is cause I am doing heavier weights or if it has to do with my breathing? Should I be more concerned? Is it a big possibility that it is more than an exertion headache? If it was more than that wouldn't I be dead already lol?

thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100) thedewbinator is not very well liked. (-100)

Similar situation

I was squatting way too much and had the exact same thing happen to me. Trouble is I just kept going at the time. That was three weeks ago today; I still feel the dull throbbing pain. It happens every now and then, I guess when I turn my head the wrong way or something. I've totally stopped lifting because it hurts bad enough when I'm not straining; it kills if I lift. I'm gonna go to the doctor in a week if it doesn't start getting better.

msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100) msm2137 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by thedewbinator View Post
    I was squatting way too much and had the exact same thing happen to me. Trouble is I just kept going at the time. That was three weeks ago today; I still feel the dull throbbing pain. It happens every now and then, I guess when I turn my head the wrong way or something. I've totally stopped lifting because it hurts bad enough when I'm not straining; it kills if I lift. I'm gonna go to the doctor in a week if it doesn't start getting better.
    Did you ever recover from this? I had a pop sound behind my ear while doing heavy front squats. That was over 10 years ago. I still have the pressure behind my ear today if I try to lift. It is there when I'm stressed. Its there when my wife and I are intimate. It seems to always be there. Been to tons of doctors, chiropractors, etc. No one ever does anything that has relieved the pressure. Just seeing if anyone it is the same thing, and if you got any answers. Thanks