lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New idea: Super circuit training

So I started training again 2 weeks ago, and after spending a couple of days going through a normal routine and becoming bored, I started realizing what I wanted to do.

I mean I know why I'm going to the gym, to lose weight, and to get back to my old physique, but as a military member I get tired of the same routine everyday i.e. running, push-ups, and the same boring workouts, so I started searching for a new way to do things, and this is what I came up with.

I would only encourage highly athletic, and or well experienced bodybuilders to try this.

SUPER CIRCUIT TRAINING: consists of light weight, high repetition, max sets, supersets,
    and cardiovascular exercise. keep in mind I am still perfecting the idea and I would appreciate any helpful criticism, and or advise.

Anyway, an example of the training.

Warm-up with 10 minutes of cardio, then hit the weights. depending on your experience level/ training ability, start with 2-4sets, 20reps per set, supersetting every exercise with either an opposite muscle, or same muscle from a different angle. EX. bicep curls w/ tricep skull crushers, or tricep - skull crushers w/ tricep - over head extensions.

EX. of training: 10 min cardio warm-up. 4 sets DB chest press, SS w/ 4 sets DB single arm lat rows. (EX. 40lb DB's,4 sets, 20 reps each). 5 min cardio. 4 sets shoulder shrugs superset with 4 sets DB front raises. 5 min cardio. 4 sets squats, superset with 4 sets leg extensions. 5 min cardio.

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi, no offence but i fail to see how this would make you stronger, fitter or a better soldier, especailly if you are 'advanced' to begin with

For example:

Strength: Often measured by 1) how much you can lift off the ground 2) How much you can handle in a deep knee bend 3) How much you can lift overhead
    .... How does 40lb dumbell rows help this^^^^^^^?

Better soldier: Often measured by 1) Med distance running (e.g. 1.5mile) 2) relative strength and relative strength endurance (e.g. max pressups, max pullups) 3) Weighted endurance marches
    ... Again, how does your program address these^^^^^?
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by azzuk23 View Post
    Hi, no offence but i fail to see how this would make you stronger, fitter or a better soldier, especailly if you are 'advanced' to begin with

For example:

Strength: Often measured by 1) how much you can lift off the ground 2) How much you can handle in a deep knee bend 3) How much you can lift overhead
    .... How does 40lb dumbell rows help this^^^^^^^?

Better soldier: Often measured by 1) Med distance running (e.g. 1.5mile) 2) relative strength and relative strength endurance (e.g. max pressups, max pullups) 3) Weighted endurance marches
    ... Again, how does your program address these^^^^^?
    Well to physically be stronger, or more fit has literally nothing to do with how much you can lift in a single rep, but how many times your body can repeat the task at hand. Therfore just because one person can bench 500lbs one time doesn't necessarily make him strong. but being able to bench say 250lbs which is half the weight, 80 times (4 sets of 20 reps) would make him incredably strong.

Plus circuit training isn't mainly about strength it is about losing weight, burning calories and boosting your heart rate. if you do this workout properly working up to little or no rest at all, and working to increase weight as you go, I guarantee you will get stronger then the guy with a high 1RM, be in a better physical condition and have greater health. It might take alot longer, but who cares.

Plus this is all on top of the 3+ miles I am forced to run 3 days a week.

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good point. Strength without any kind of endurance to go along with it is counterproductive IMO. With this type of program you'll get seriously conditioned and leaner guaranteed. So long as recovery is available and the diet is tight you'll have endless reserves in the tank.

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lahr View Post
    Well to physically be stronger ...has literally nothing to do with how much you can lift in a single rep
    Of course it doesn't

if you do this workout properly working up to little or no rest at all, and working to increase weight as you go, I guarantee you will get stronger then the guy with a high 1RM
    So by following your program you guarantee I will be stonger than a guy with a higher 1rm? wow. I know there are different definitions of 'strength'

Mr. Paschall ran more than this and put on 25lbs in a year, as well as going from barely pressing an empty bar, to putting up 150lbs with one hand - in 12 months of training (muscle moulding p.12)

You still havn't addressed how this will make you, or anyone else stronger or a better soldier, just made some outrageous claims. Do you work for biotest by any chance?
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

Have you ever done circuit training? The goal is to perform a full body workout on average of three times per week using light weight high reps. So basically all I'm doing is creating a higher evolution of circuit training. "The X-Man" Toney Freeman posted in an older addition of M&F that his workouts consisted of Maximum weight, with max reps.

So I am literally taking this max weight X max rep thing to a whole new level, adding the circuit training which would make it a full body workout, and add cardiio which may I remind you most athletes unless playing a sport or in the military, don't perform on a regular basis.

This training would be key for losing weight, burning calories, greatly improving definition, and yes if you work at it make you stronger. But most gym rats can't press 20% of there max 4 sets of 20 reps, much less have enough energy to run for 30 minutes.

The example of the 40lb dumbbell was used so that some not so knowledgable person doesn't open this thread and then go to the gym later and try to press 80% of his max 80 times with little rest.

You took my example way to literal.

AND YES I GUARANTEE YOU WOULD GET STRONGER OVER TIME THEN THE GUY WITH THE HUGE 1RM.

ONLY BECAUSE I WAS THAT GUY.

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well to physically be stronger, or more fit has literally nothing to do with how much you can lift in a single rep, but how many times your body can repeat the task at hand. Therfore just because one person can bench 500lbs one time doesn't necessarily make him strong. but being able to bench say 250lbs which is half the weight, 80 times (4 sets of 20 reps) would make him incredably strong.

Plus circuit training isn't mainly about strength it is about losing weight, burning calories and boosting your heart rate. if you do this workout properly working up to little or no rest at all, and working to increase weight as you go, I guarantee you will get stronger then the guy with a high 1RM, be in a better physical condition and have greater health. It might take alot longer, but who cares.

Facepalm.jpg

Seriously?? A person that can bench 500lbs once will have MUCH higher potential endurance than a guy who can bench 250lbs 20 times.
    *Fat Kunt Krew (FKK)* President: Alan Aragon
    *C2H6O is the only macro that counts crew*
    *4th of October Victim Krew*
    *Neg incels for fun crew*

Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    Seriously?? A person that can bench 500lbs once will have MUCH higher potential endurance than a guy who can bench 250lbs 20 times.
    Obviously. It even carries a guarantee

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Circuit training is not a new idea, being military you are alreay familiar with the many bodyweight circuits thy do. The problem with it is that it has been proven time and time again to be a fr less than optimal (result for unit of time spent) way to gain strength or mass, and also a far less than opimal way to burn calories and accenuate fat loss.

In other words prople are usually better off doing a normal weighlifting workout using a higher percentage of ther one rep max than a circuit allows to build strength and size and combining that with traditional cardiovascular exercise for heart health and fat loss.

Dude I can't run a mile I am so out of condition and no one would consider me particularly strong but I can do 4x20 with 20% without breaking a sweat. You really need to re-think this whole concept.

http://www.unm.edu/~lkravitz/Article...uitperiod.html

http://www.pponline.co.uk/encyc/circ...e-body-fat-604
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) grumble1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    OP, why don't you just do a barbell complex or kettlebell stuff if you're interested in conditioning?
    GOMAD!

james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50) james0566 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I started training again 2 weeks ago

I would only encourage highly athletic, and or well experienced bodybuilders to try this.
    kind of contradicts itself, doesn't it?