miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

how often should i do conditioning?

im training to be a boxer/kickboxer how often should i lift and workout for this sport? i got dumbells and a gym membership

i wanna be fit and in good shape for it

thanks everyone for any help
    Sponsored Con Cret log..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137420723

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    as often as your coach tells you to.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lahr has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE A CONDITIONING COACH!!!

And most likely he would say twice a day.

a good eample would be:

Monday: AM - Cardio
    PM - lifting

Tuesday: AM - Cardio
    PM - Calistinics

Wednesday: AM - Cardio
    PM - Rest

and repeat for thurs - sunday

BUT MY ADVICE WOULD BE TO GET A CONDITIONING COACH, AND ONE THAT ISN"T ONLINE

azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) azzuk23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    All I can tell you is to keep your GPP and strength work to high intensity and short duration.

I have seen many potential champion boxers/kickboxers who have spent too long on conditioning, and who have developed the wrong type of conditioning for fighting. Remember that you will only be boxing for 3x 3min rounds. You will only be kickboxing for 3x 5min rounds. You do not need to be doing hours of roadwork. Focus on getting the most 'bang for your buck' - i.e. reaping the most benefit in the shortest time possible

This is also important because when you do your skill training/sparring/technique work you will need to be fresh as possible to enforce proper technique and movement patterns. Just like any other sport, SSP should be done as fresh as possible.

I would start with strength training 2x a week. Metabolic conditioning 3x a week and endurance 1x a week. This would leave you 6 sparring sessions a week, assuming you are training 2x a day, with one rest day per week.

Dont make the mistake of trying to do powerlifting and olymipc lifting, battling ropes, tabata training, strongman training, high rep bw stuff, low rep bw gymnastics, HST and everything else under the sun. Pick one good form of strength training (e.g. bb compound movements) and one good form of conditioning (e.g. interval running with burpees) and get as good as possible on these. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't advocate spreading your self too thinly, or in other words, master one trade instead of trying to be a jack of all trades

Some people reading this may have an issue with injury prevention i.e. pre/rehab - just like strength training, this should have its own sets/reps/rest scheme due to the differencing goals of the training
    i dont compete against you. i compete against myself yesterday, last week, last year

No one system of training is better than all of the other systems. However, proper training always involves common elements. These are hard work, abbreviated training programs, progression, good form, and motivation - Brooks Kubik

miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10) miniman511 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by azzuk23 View Post
    All I can tell you is to keep your GPP and strength work to high intensity and short duration.

I have seen many potential champion boxers/kickboxers who have spent too long on conditioning, and who have developed the wrong type of conditioning for fighting. Remember that you will only be boxing for 3x 3min rounds. You will only be kickboxing for 3x 5min rounds. You do not need to be doing hours of roadwork. Focus on getting the most 'bang for your buck' - i.e. reaping the most benefit in the shortest time possible

This is also important because when you do your skill training/sparring/technique work you will need to be fresh as possible to enforce proper technique and movement patterns. Just like any other sport, SSP should be done as fresh as possible.

I would start with strength training 2x a week. Metabolic conditioning 3x a week and endurance 1x a week. This would leave you 6 sparring sessions a week, assuming you are training 2x a day, with one rest day per week.

Dont make the mistake of trying to do powerlifting and olymipc lifting, battling ropes, tabata training, strongman training, high rep bw stuff, low rep bw gymnastics, HST and everything else under the sun. Pick one good form of strength training (e.g. bb compound movements) and one good form of conditioning (e.g. interval running with burpees) and get as good as possible on these. What I'm saying is that I wouldn't advocate spreading your self too thinly, or in other words, master one trade instead of trying to be a jack of all trades

Some people reading this may have an issue with injury prevention i.e. pre/rehab - just like strength training, this should have its own sets/reps/rest scheme due to the differencing goals of the training

that was great, any advice on dieting? i wanna lose my gut =/
    Sponsored Con Cret log..
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137420723