fitlosangeles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Help confirming my numbers

I'm currently 5'7'', 120 lbs, and 22 years old. My goal is to lower my body fat percentage to lean out for definition to show. I'm a semi-moderate active person throughout the day and currently work out 5-6 days a week.

1388.5 BMR X 1.4 (ACTIVITY LEVEL) <Is what I'm assuming my BMR to be

1943 BMR MULTIPLIED BY ACTIVITY LEVEL (1.4) = 1,943 calories to maintain

I've read the stickies over and over trying to figure out what I need to decrease and how my macro's should look based upon my goals.

I know it must get old explaining the structure of macro's to newbies, but I just want to make sure what I'm doing is correct. I want my hard work and effort to pay off and show.

Any help would be great Thank you ladies!

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fitlosangeles View Post
    I'm currently 5'7'', 120 lbs, and 22 years old. My goal is to lower my body fat percentage to lean out for definition to show. I'm a semi-moderate active person throughout the day and currently work out 5-6 days a week.

You're using BMR too often. Your BMR is 1388. Your maintenance (your BMR x activity level) is 1943.

In order to lose fat you'd subtract about 20% from that number. So 1943 - 388 = 1555 calories.

Start with protein and estimate 1g per pound of lean body mass.
    Then figure healthy fats should be .3-.4g per pound of current body weight.
    The rest can fall to carbs.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by fitlosangeles View Post

I've read the stickies over and over trying to figure out what I need to decrease and how my macro's should look based upon my goals.

I know it must get old explaining the structure of macro's to newbies, but I just want to make sure what I'm doing is correct. I want my hard work and effort to pay off and show.

Any help would be great Thank you ladies!
    You're underweight for your height. There won't be any definition, because you lack the overall muscle needed to support the look. You end look will be bones/skinny...big difference.

You need to build...you're going backwards.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    You're underweight for your height. There won't be any definition, because you lack the overall muscle needed to support the look. You end look will be bones/skinny...big difference.

You need to build...you're going backwards.
    ^^^^^^ Yep. Start eating 2100+ cals and add some muscle mass.

swimnini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Activity Level

Hi everyone,

I have recently just started counting macros, I want to make sure that I am spotting the right activity level for me.

I work 9-5 at the office which means yep I sit on my ass pretty much all day, ><.
    I have been lifting 4 times a week for about 3 months now. and sometimes I'd add another cardio day when I feel like it.

Currently I am using 1.3-1.4 as my activity level is this an over-estimate? Thanks for your help. Please let me know if the info I provide is not sufficient

fitlosangeles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by KaraCooks View Post
    You're using BMR too often. Your BMR is 1388. Your maintenance (your BMR x activity level) is 1943.

In order to lose fat you'd subtract about 20% from that number. So 1943 - 388 = 1555 calories.

Start with protein and estimate 1g per pound of lean body mass.
    Then figure healthy fats should be .3-.4g per pound of current body weight.
    The rest can fall to carbs.

^Got it! Thanks guys for your input!

Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Kelvandros is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by swimnini View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have recently just started counting macros, I want to make sure that I am spotting the right activity level for me.

I work 9-5 at the office which means yep I sit on my ass pretty much all day, ><.
    I have been lifting 4 times a week for about 3 months now. and sometimes I'd add another cardio day when I feel like it.

Currently I am using 1.3-1.4 as my activity level is this an over-estimate? Thanks for your help. Please let me know if the info I provide is not sufficient
    Using any of those numbers will be an estimate. If you've been at it pretty steady for 3 months, you should be starting to see some results, either in the mirror, or on the scale. If nothing is happening, drop another 200 calories. If you're getting results, that will give you your answer.

swimnini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kelvandros View Post
    Using any of those numbers will be an estimate. If you've been at it pretty steady for 3 months, you should be starting to see some results, either in the mirror, or on the scale. If nothing is happening, drop another 200 calories. If you're getting results, that will give you your answer.
    Thanks a million for the reply, it certainly helps to calm me down and I am less anxious now Cos I had been eating less than 1300 for the past few month and previously have been on and off diet and all pretty low cal. Nothing seems to work out well ><

Ever since I used the stickies to work out my daliy caloric and following advise on the forum I am slowly upping my cals and now onto 1500-1600 and I can tell from the mirror and my cloths that I am getting leaner, but my scale weight had not moved which I take it a good sign? at least I havent freaked my body out :P... I am planning on taking measurements every 2 weeks to see how the whole new thing works for me, is it gonna be too often?

My ultimate goal is still to loose about 10lbs, but I'd really like to fix my damaged metabolism back up.

P.S I am 5'4 weight around 141 lbs if this info helps for everyone to contribute advice.