FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10)

3 Day Full Body workout vs. Split?

Since with splits you usually only workout one part of your body a week, or every 4-5 days.
    Wouldn't doing a full body workout 3 times a week be more effective?
    Since you're working out every part and only taking a 2 day break between workouts instead of working one group and taking 4-5 day breaks from that specific group?

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can work a muscle twice or more per week in a split.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For what goal? At what stage of training?

Full body is normally considered better for beginners.

FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10) FitStoner is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by martial-man420 View Post
    For what goal? At what stage of training?

Full body is normally considered better for beginners.
    Well I just started working out. Did a full body workout first day, taking a two day break because legs are killing me still.

How long should I stay with the full body/2 day break routine?
    Or better yet how long is this "beginner phase"?

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitStoner View Post
    Well I just started working out. Did a full body workout first day, taking a two day break because legs are killing me still.

How long should I stay with the full body/2 day break routine?
    Or better yet how long is this "beginner phase"?
    you still need to say what your goals are. Size? Strength? They are related but some programs affect one more than the other.

Did people wil benefit more from different programs obviously but what i've heard most commonly recommended would be something like first 18 months doing a beginners full body three times a weak. After that progressing to a upper / lower body or push / pull split for another year or two. After that maybe progress to a 4 day split.

Obviously it depends massively on what your goal is and how well you recover and stuff etc...

you still need to say what your goals are. Size? Strength? They are related but some programs affect one more than the other.

Did people wil benefit more from different programs obviously but what i've heard most commonly recommended would be something like first 18 months doing a beginners full body three times a weak. After that progressing to a upper / lower body or push / pull split for another year or two. After that maybe progress to a 4 day split.

Obviously it depends massively on what your goal is and how well you recover and stuff etc...
    Eh size for now, starting a clean bulk tomorrow basically.
    So would this still be a good routine for awhile?
    Also, at what point should I start to cut? I'm at 18% BF and 155 pounds. 5'8

Registered User TheHeirApparent's Avatar
    TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheHeirApparent will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since with splits you usually only workout one part of your body a week, or every 4-5 days.
    Wouldn't doing a full body workout 3 times a week be more effective?
    Since you're working out every part and only taking a 2 day break between workouts instead of working one group and taking 4-5 day breaks from that specific group?
    u talking 24hour circut brah?
    Point the biggest skeptic out, I'll make him a believer.

R.I.P. Koloseum Gym

LOG: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131240113

Pokesmot&liftheavysh!t Devildowninga's Avatar
    Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50) Devildowninga will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Dammit...I hate to be the first to say it(and I beat Screwedgenetics!!) but you might want to check out Starting Strength. Seriously.

And love the username dude. Hail the leaf.....I just "worked up an appetite" about 2 minutes ago
    "You can map out a fight plan or a life plan, but when the action starts, it may not go the way you planned, and you're down to your reflexes - that means your preparation. That's where your roadwork shows. If you cheated on that in the dark of the morning, well, you're going to get found out now, under the bright lights." — Joe Frazier

you haven't posted your routine yet lol.

And whenever you bulk or cut is up to you and how you want to look.

you haven't posted your routine yet lol.

And whenever you bulk or cut is up to you and how you want to look.
    Lol I said 3 days a week full body. It's my post I think

Lol I said 3 days a week full body. It's my post I think
    Basically the Beginners routine on this forum, with some tweaks.

Originally Posted by Devildowninga View Post
    Dammit...I hate to be the first to say it(and I beat Screwedgenetics!!) but you might want to check out Starting Strength. Seriously.

And love the username dude. Hail the leaf.....I just "worked up an appetite" about 2 minutes ago
    Alright thanks man, appreciate it.

And yeah, pot ftw.

hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000) hey_papi85 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd def second starting strength.