Homer_Simpson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Explain gaining weight?

When you are on a clean bulk diet your goal is of course to gain weight/muscle. Now of course you can go eat fast food and gain 10 lbs each week, but of course that is the wrong type of weight. Nothing but fat. So even if you are on a clean bulk cycle and you gain 1-2 lbs a week that weight it seems still will not be all muscle.

So is the goal to eat enough to promote muscle growth so that when you do see gain increases odds are it is muscle and not fat.

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Theres two philosophies with this. One group of people likes to barely create a caloric excess, so that they maximize muscle gain while minimizing fat gain. The other school of thought is to just eat a crapload and have tons of excess calories. This way you will be sure that you are putting on as much muscle as possible, but fat might come too.

Personally, I am with the second group. When I "bulk" I do it hard. Put on tons of fat and muscle, and then just cut the fat while retaining muscle. I like to do it this way because it has always been way easier for me to lose fat.

VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) VaiKing is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TBU720 View Post
    Theres two philosophies with this. One group of people likes to barely create a caloric excess, so that they maximize muscle gain while minimizing fat gain. The other school of thought is to just eat a crapload and have tons of excess calories. This way you will be sure that you are putting on as much muscle as possible, but fat might come too.

Personally, I am with the second group. When I "bulk" I do it hard. Put on tons of fat and muscle, and then just cut the fat while retaining muscle. I like to do it this way because it has always been way easier for me to lose fat.
    urdoing it wrong

if u go all out on a bulk for let's say 6-7months, you could possibly gain 30lbs if u want...therefore, only 10lbs of that 30lbs will be muscle (and that of course considering you've been hitting the gym 4-5times a week ). Now losing 20lbs of fat is a real pain in the ass, even for someone with a fast metabolism like you. So while your diet will change, so will your strength, cuz after all, u didn't make pure muscles during all that time, right?

Bottom line, if someone clean bulk for 6-7 months and gain let's say 10lbs of muscle and only 4lbs of fat, he will only have to cut for a month or so to lose the fat, and probably won't lose any muscle (best case scenario he might even gain some during his cut).On the other hand, the guy who dirty bulked has to cut 20lbs of fat won't gain any muscle during that period of time (which will probably take more than a month.)

I tried to resume a 7-8 pages article that ive read from a worlwide known nutritionist,( will post the article if I can find it.) The guy talked about how he wasted a year of his life dirty bulking and then cutting (from 180-220, and then from 220 to 170), only to realize that he hadn't gained **** after all that. Hope this helps!

PS: Sorry if my english wasn't flawless

Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000) Glutamine1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TBU720 View Post
    Touche. I don't see how people are doing a clean bulk, or maybe I'm just viewing it completely wrong. Whenever I'm bulking I just eat everything from McDonald's to the healthiest salmon possible.

However, when I'm trying to cut and lose the pounds I watch whatever I'm eating. Just a few hours ago I wanted to eat some food and got myself some steamed vegetables.
    GA

dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10) dramed is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    yer, i go with the all out bulk but not too out of hand

You never know if you are on a deficit since every fcken day my activities change and workout intensity changes due to different muscle groups with pump/no pump

TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000) TBU720 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by VaiKing View Post
    urdoing it wrong

if u go all out on a bulk for let's say 6-7months, you could possibly gain 30lbs if u want...therefore, only 10lbs of that 30lbs will be muscle (and that of course considering you've been hitting the gym 4-5times a week ). Now losing 20lbs of fat is a real pain in the ass, even for someone with a fast metabolism like you. So while your diet will change, so will your strength, cuz after all, u didn't make pure muscles during all that time, right?

I dont really do it like that. I "bulk" for maybe like a 4-6 week period and then lean out for 2 weeks and then maintain or cut more for 2 weeks. I dunno I dont really have it down to a science yet or anything. But I certainly dont eat my ass off for like 3 months at a time haha.