Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can I work out Thighs twice a week and Calves 3 times a week?

Cant work out uppere body atm cos of a trapped nerve so am concentrating on lower body in the meantime.
    Can I work out Thighs twice a week and Calves 3 times a week, or will that be overtraining?
    My workouts are something like.....

THIGHS
    Dumbbell Squats 3 sets (train on my own at home so cant do regular squats!)
    Leg Ext'n 2 sets
    Leg Curls 2 sets
    Lunges - short step 2 sets
    Lunges - long step 2 sets
    SLDL 3 sets

Thinking of adding in Bench step ups too! Could I split this, possibly into quads one workout, and hams the other workout? I know alot of exercises work quads & hams, but?? just an idea?

CALVES
    Dumbell Calf Raises 4 sets
    Seated Calf Raises 4 sets
    Toe curls up 4 sets (not sure of proper name but a dumbell hangs off end of your toes and curl it up targeting the Tibialis Anterior muscle)

So its only about 12 sets in all, so its not massive...could I do this routine 3 times a week? Hopefully this will only be for a month or so til I am able to train upper body again properly.

Thanks in advance for replies guys...reps awarded for the time

Dai.
    :)

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Daio View Post
    Cant work out uppere body atm cos of a trapped nerve so am concentrating on lower body in the meantime.
    Can I work out Thighs twice a week and Calves 3 times a week, or will that be overtraining?
    My workouts are something like.....

THIGHS
    Dumbbell Squats 3 sets (train on my own at home so cant do regular squats!)
    Leg Ext'n 2 sets
    Leg Curls 2 sets
    Lunges - short step 2 sets
    Lunges - long step 2 sets
    SLDL 3 sets

Thinking of adding in Bench step ups too! Could I split this, possibly into quads one workout, and hams the other workout? I know alot of exercises work quads & hams, but?? just an idea?

CALVES
    Dumbell Calf Raises 4 sets
    Seated Calf Raises 4 sets
    Toe curls up 4 sets (not sure of proper name but a dumbell hangs off end of your toes and curl it up targeting the Tibialis Anterior muscle)

So its only about 12 sets in all, so its not massive...could I do this routine 3 times a week? Hopefully this will only be for a month or so til I am able to train upper body again properly.

Thanks in advance for replies guys...reps awarded for the time

Dai.

I would see no problems with this. Squats would be helpful, but you work with what you have. Some will say no on the extensions. I do them from time to time. They don't hurt my knees as some have reported. Keep track of your progress, Keep what works, get rid of what doesn't.
    If you poke a bear in the eye, expect a bear like response.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You can do whatever your personal recovery allows you to do.
    David

sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000) sh_sh is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    this. everyone's body responds differently...even specific body parts. i for one couldnt get any progress on my calves until i started training them 3 times/week, and about double the volume i was doing. always thought the burn was intense, turns out they had to be infused with napalm b4 i was truly making progress.

but really focus on your progress. log it all, and review to make sure you are not under/over training. since you're not doing squats...that is really where your going to make the most gains, imho...you should be able to recover enough to keep that schedule.

and ditto on the leg extensions, they've been one of my favorite exercises since i first hit the gym at age 12, never had any knee problems (knock on wood).

good luck, hope that nerve problem heals up quick

Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50) Daio will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cheers guys
    Well, thats the answer I wanted...basically give it a go & see if it works for me!!
    Thanks for your help guys )

KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) KrohDaddi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post
    ^this
    I read once that theoretical optimal average recovery time for thighs was 4 days and around 36 hours for calves but that was a long time ago. My calves recover in under 24 hours so I do calf raises every day. But I worked up to that.

going to give it a go calves 3 times and thighs twice and see how it goes & tinker with it from there.
    Hopefully I will be able 2 train the rwt of me before too long!

Cheers

NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NuclearArms has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't have all your background, but there is a lot of times where LESS is More.

Think you have to compare your results to what you were doing, what your goals are, are you staying with the same exercises every time, do you have enough recovery time after each workout, how intense is each set/workout, etc.

Gotta put some thought behind it.
    My famous work quote:

I can live with a little pain and 18+" arms,
    I can't live with the pain of having little 14" arms

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Daio View Post
    going to give it a go calves 3 times and thighs twice and see how it goes & tinker with it from there.
    Hopefully I will be able 2 train the rwt of me before too long!

Cheers
    Just be careful with calves because if you overdue them as a newbie(not sure) you could be in excruciating pain. It takes some time to get used to the "trauma" of working calves hard so go easy the first week. After a few months it will be cake.