Page 11 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) freebirdmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You know your minimum daily fat requirement is 30g right? Essential fatty acids are needed for everything your body does.

Awww, you're going to town on the protein again I seriously doubt you need more than what you get on your low cal day.

Fiber? Holy heck! No wonder your tummy doesn't like you some days!

Calories... Joan in all seriousness you will gain more mass if you kept your cals up. Your highest day may not even be maintenance for you. If you ate around 1900 everyday and didn't go over 170g protein I doubt you'd gain much if any fat. You'd certainly keep your muscles filled with glycogen and maybe deal with temporary bloating until your body adjusted. And once your body adjusted to finally being at maintenance you definitely wouldn't gain fat. You can do a recomp eating at that level. If you gain muscle at those cals guess what, you have to lose a little bit of fat to do it. You're not going to fill in and really increase your body fat unless you went over maintenance.

doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by freebirdmac View Post
    You know your minimum daily fat requirement is 30g right? Essential fatty acids are needed for everything your body does.
    ^^ this... So how we gonna get you eating a little more healthy fat, Joanie?

I'm with ya on the extra hours in a day...who do we talk to about making that happen?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Awww, you're going to town on the protein again I seriously doubt you need more than what you get on your low cal day.

Calories... Joan in all seriousness you will gain more mass if you kept your cals up. Your highest day may not even be maintenance for you. If you ate around 1900 everyday and didn't go over 170g protein I doubt you'd gain much if any fat. You'd certainly keep your muscles filled with glycogen and maybe deal with temporary bloating until your body adjusted. And once your body adjusted to finally being at maintenance you definitely wouldn't gain fat. You can do a recomp eating at that level. If you gain muscle at those cals guess what, you have to lose a little bit of fat to do it. You're not going to fill in and really increase your body fat unless you went over maintenance.
    I agree with all of this.^^

Also, what is this training abs everyday? You do realize you're getting a ton of core work (which includes your abs) in all your heavy compound lifts.

Building more muscle or cutting goes back to your eating plan, being consistent in your training and rest for recovery and growth

Overkill is not a way to get there...

Have a great weekend!!
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I had a great day yesterday...I felt much energy at during my working hours.
    ^This I love and wish for everyday!

I took Emily out to dinner...just us girls. It was fun
    I really enjoy being with Emily very much!!

We went to a favorite of ours called "The Crows Nest"...I had the a delicious Grilled Chicken Salad.
    Lots of roasted peppers (sweet and mildly-hot)
    AND
    ...wait for it
    I ate a whole egg yolk!
    Ha!
    Probably some think, Joan you are lame...I find it an accomplishment!
    It was dry but tasty.

I slept like a sweaty rock!

Woke up and trained Back!
    Holy Heck!
    Brutality! It was a really successful back w/o.

BACK

Weighted Dips
    30: 8-8-7
    25: 9-9
    BW: 17

T-Bar Rows(Long bar)
    180: 7-8-8
    170: 10-11
    150: 16

One-Arm Rows (Long bar)
    80: 12-12-12-13

Seated Close Grip Cable Rows
    150: 11-10-10-11

Straight-Arm Pull-Downs
    40: 10-11-11-10
    SS/
    Close Grip Pull-Downs
    40: 15-15-15-15

--Holy Heck! Ouch! Fatigue!

I am very pleased with my back w/o...did I mention this already..heh! Well I'm serious...Very Intnese! <3

ABS

Cable Rope Crunches
    30: 30-35
    35: 30

Leg Raises
    3x To Failure

CARDIO

30 min total between ELP and BIKE.

--Mmm Nice and Sweaty. Worked Legs!

Happy Weekend To All...Be Happy Healthy and Strong!!

Awww, you're going to town on the protein again. I seriously doubt you need more than what you get on your low cal day.

Hiya *waves*

I need to figure out my maintenance, and then figure out how to get this number thru pro, carb, fat.
    And since the protien is a bit high, I assume my carbs and fat should increase.

Thanks for your smart info.
    I'll be working at my diet...still...yes...Sorry if I seem naive, or if it seems like I am ignoring your suggestions. I really am trying at getting the right diet numbers for myself.
    I have to get my brain/mental thoughts together.
    I thank you soooo very much!

Have a super weekend!

Originally Posted by doindbt View Post
    ^^ this... So how we gonna get you eating a little more healthy fat, Joanie?

I'm with ya on the extra hours in a day...who do we talk to about making that happen?
    Hey Roni!

Weeeell...I am looking for the one in charge....but first I have to find out Where to look.

How much fat do you consume daily?

Happy Weekend to you!
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I agree with all of this.^^

Also, what is this training abs everyday? You do realize you're getting a ton of core work (which includes your abs) in all your heavy compound lifts.

Building more muscle or cutting goes back to your eating plan, being consistent in your training and rest for recovery and growth

Overkill is not a way to get there...

Have a great weekend!!
    Hi Kim!

I do understand training abs, as in core work, is done during every training session.
    I am not liking the way my abs are looking.
    My lower abdominals are in need of serious work. (not sure if the muscles are damaged (so to speak) from both pregnancies and from my latest umbilical surgery 2 yrs ago)
    I remember the bber 'The Abdominator' from the past..and decided to look up his profile and see what he is up to (I remember last of him bulking for a serious bbing comp)
    I read his journal about how he trains his abs...and he made some super improvements.
    So I decided to challenge myself in hopes of improving/changing my abdominals.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=127112893
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Mmm sounds like you had a lovely evening out.

What happened the DEADZ on back day Joanie?
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000) Buffycat3 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Mmm sounds like you had a lovely evening out.

What happened the DEADZ on back day Joanie?
    LOL ...I laugh because I thought someone(you) may mention my absent deadz workout. LOL
    I really thought of dong the deadz today at the end of my (already scheduled) back workout.
    But I was totally fried after this training. Whew!
    Try it out and see..lol.
    I will try to work them in on my next session...the next is supersetting.
    ( I am doing the variation cyclying workout)

Good weekend to you !
    In this world, there is Real and Make-Believe. To fear is one thing. To let fear grab you by the tail and swing you around is another. ▪█──────█▪

discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) discdoggie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Buffycat3 View Post
    But I was totally fried after this training. Whew!
    !
    I'm not suprised in the least!
    Sheriff John Brown always hated me
    For what I don't know
    Every time I plant a seed
    He said kill them before they grow

righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) righter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi Happy to see you on this Happy Friday!
    Do you like to train legs? What your favorite?

Have a super weekend.
    *and I hobble away*
    Hi! Happy Saturday! Yes, I love to train legs. My favorite lift is the back squat or variations of it. I do box squats, front squats, hacks. I'm also big on walking lunges. Have a love/hate thing going on with the glute machine.

Not sure if you eat red meat, but if I needed extra fat in my diet, I would have a ribeye steak. Love me a ribeye. Yum.

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Training legs are by far the most fun. And the DOMS you get the days after making it fun to walk? Best. Feeling. Ever!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mab23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    great job on weighted dips !
    ~~~2011 Mens First place winner of the ERGOGENIX QBM Transformation Challenge~~~
    ^^^^^EXTREME PULL-UPS CREW^^^^^30 Reps Crew^^^
    Marathon time = 03:26:32 - average pace 07:53
    Half Iron Man - 6hrs 14 min ( with no training )
    LeadMan 125k - 8hrs 21mins

I woke up waay early for a Sunday morning...but eager to train.

It was one heluva tuff w/o session.
    I blasted my delts!
    OUCH!
    Being that my back is having deep DOMS, my shoulder w/o was a doosey!
    ..and my arm pain/issue didn't make this any easier.

Do I sound like I am complaining?
    NOT!
    lol
    I feel great that I gave my all due to soreness...I know my shoulders have responded well to today's training...and I know my shoulders will be screaming at me later.

I plan on a very good rest day tomorrow...heh! Upper body is toast!

SHOULDERS

Seated BB Press
    100: 9
    95: 10-11
    100: 9

BB Up-Right Rows
    80: 11-12-12-13
    70: 16

DB Laterals
    15: 16
    20: 12-13-13

Seated Face-Pulls --New way of face pulls for me...Love em! Better at working rear delts IMO. Niiice! (i had to find my weight)
    40: 15
    45: 16
    50: 13
    55: 12

DB's Side-Front-BentOver
    15: 6-6-6

Standing Behind-Neck Smith Press
    50: 12-10-12

--Big..Huge Delt Burn! OUCH!

ABS

Rope Crunches
    35: 30-30-30

--Good Contraction

CARDIO

30min between TM, ELP and BIKE

--Niiiice!

Now that my arms, back and shoulders are fried....I am going to relax all day ...AND tomorrow!

Going to fuel up with some good eats!!

We were suppose to go out to dinner for Evan's b-day..but he is undecided when he wants to go.
    His b-day is tomorrow, and his g/f is 30miles away.
    We may wait til she comes home for Thanksgiving holiday next week.

Happy Strong Healthy day wishes to Everyone!!

Originally Posted by discdoggie View Post
    I'm not suprised in the least!
    thanks! it was brutal!

Originally Posted by righter View Post
    Hi! Happy Saturday! Yes, I love to train legs. My favorite lift is the back squat or variations of it. I do box squats, front squats, hacks. I'm also big on walking lunges. Have a love/hate thing going on with the glute machine.

Not sure if you eat red meat, but if I needed extra fat in my diet, I would have a ribeye steak. Love me a ribeye. Yum.
    I love box squats! Thanks for reminding me of them...I just may incorporate them into next leg training session.

lol I bet your glutes are responding nicely to the glute machine...which is why you kinda hate it

No I don't eat red meat.
    I'll let you have my serving...lol
    Enjoy!

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    Training legs are by far the most fun. And the DOMS you get the days after making it fun to walk? Best. Feeling. Ever!
    Oh yeah...Great feeling of crippling pain...lol
    Ok maybe not crippling...but certianly makes me hobble. heh!

Originally Posted by mab23 View Post
    great job on weighted dips !
    Ha! Thanks!!

Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great blast to your shoulders today. Hope you enjoyed your rest day - and tomorrow. Enjoy the DOMS

Box squats are a great idea, I'll have to add them into my routine.

We had a great time celebrating Evan's 19th Birthday!
    Randy, Emily, Marleah, Evan and Myself...ate dinner at The Melt..Whoo!
    Happy Birthday Evan!
    I'm so happy we were all together ♥

OMG! I had the biggest hugest Chicken Salad!
    I ate EVERYTHING!
    Including two helpings of Sweet-Slaw...and
    ...wait for it...

Feta Cheese!!!

Ha!

I am resting today,...I am still DOMSing in my upper body..better than yesterday but still wnat to rest.
    I even skipped cardio.
    but I am feeling guilty now. Since my fat/calorie/carbs were waaay high yesterday.

Tomorrow I will be ready to strong and intense.

Happy Birthday Evan!

Good Wishes to everyone!

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We had a great time celebrating Evan's 19th Birthday!
    Randy, Emily, Marleah, Evan and Myself...ate dinner at The Melt..Whoo!
    Happy Birthday Evan!
    I'm so happy we were all together ♥

OMG! I had the biggest hugest Chicken Salad!
    I ate EVERYTHING!
    Including two helpings of Sweet-Slaw...and
    ...wait for it...

Feta Cheese!!!

Ha!

I am resting today,...I am still DOMSing in my upper body..better than yesterday but still wnat to rest.
    I even skipped cardio.
    but I am feeling guilty now. Since my fat/calorie/carbs were waaay high yesterday.

Tomorrow I will be ready to strong and intense.

Happy Birthday Evan!

Good Wishes to everyone!
    Happy belated birthday Evan!

Please don't feel guilty for taking a complete rest day; your body NEEDS it to recover.

Have a good one!
    Genshai

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I even skipped cardio.
    Rest is a good thing.

As consistent as you are, there's no need for anything even close to guilt. (srs as I can be )
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000) doindbt is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    As consistent as you are, there's no need for anything even close to guilt. (srs as I can be )
    ^^ What he said!

Happy Birthday, Evan! Sounds like a lovely time...now stop with the guilt!

(I replied about the fats in my journal, btw )

Ok Guilt is Over!
    I believe the guilt was partly feeling that I didn't stick to my intended schedule...aww, but that's gone and outta here.
    Today is a new day!

I was not sure how today's Chest Workout was going to go...since I am having issues with my right arm.
    I lowered the weight with the exercises, increased reps, and kept good form.
    I am pleased with the attempt, the excution and results!

Week: 6E

CHEST

Incline DB Press - Med-Low-Flat
    Med: 30: 14
    Low: 35: 14
    Flat: 40: 13
    Flat: 40: 14
    Low: 35: 14
    Med: 30: 14

Smith Press
    80: 14
    85: 13
    90: 11
    100: 7

DB Flyes
    35: 10-13-11-11

Neutral-Grip DB Press
    35: 11-11-11

Incline Push-Ups
    BW: 12-12-13-13
    SS/
    Military Push-Ups
    BW: 10-10-10

ABS

Jack-Knifes
    Crunches
    Leg Raises
    Weighted Rope Crunches 30: 20-16-20
    3x To Failure

CARDIO

TM: 10min
    ELP: 10min
    BIKE: 10min

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    Happy belated birthday Evan!

Please don't feel guilty for taking a complete rest day; your body NEEDS it to recover.

Have a good one!
    Hey Hey Tiffany...Soooo wonderful to see you!
    How's the training going?

Thanks for the birthday wish for Evan...that's nice of you.

I am not having any guilt anymore...I am over and done with it.
    ...and feeling grrreat!
    now if only I can get my arm to cooperate..heh!

Have super day!

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Rest is a good thing.

I take your seriousness...seriously.
    Thanks very much!
    The rest day was good to me.
    Originally Posted by doindbt View Post
    ^^ What he said!

Happy Birthday, Evan! Sounds like a lovely time...now stop with the guilt!

(I replied about the fats in my journal, btw )
    *waves* Hi Roni Girl!

I hear both you and Bill...thanks!

No more guilt...I am taking that rest day as a positive approach to my workouts. (humm? is this a double standard sentance? er or something like that..lol)

I thank you in advance for your reply.

Have a great day!

Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000) Pretty Hardcore is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How's your arm feeling? Great workout today, your lowered weights are still pretty heavy.

Hope you have a great Wednesday.

BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50) BrandyTKO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good chest workout Joan, mine was yesterday, new gym for me, I really have to get some stuff done on building there as it seems to be one of my weaker points, though I love the workout its just not as much definition for me as my back. Any particular exercises you find most effective for chest growth/definition?
    Brandy
    Kicking the @*%$ out of fat, one day at a time!

Competition Thread 2009 - 2011: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=117554221&p=808044511#post808044511

Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Whatanejit is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Jeez.. that was a heck of a workout Joan - how long did it take?

Oh, I loooooooooove feta cheese YUM!
    -------------------------------------------------

Dee

Ok, so, there is something to be said about me and volume. High reps seems to work well for me.
    And by 'works well' means, giving me DOMS.

Since I changed my Chest workout to lower lbs. and higher reps (b/c of my pain in my arm) I find myself with great pec sorness
    ..and it's been a while since I've felt soreness in chest as I do now.

I remember this being true a couple times before.
    I am thinking maybe the lower lbs. is allowing better form when I do the exercise...and higher reps are having me push harder to get the last rep with great burning muscle fatigue.
    hummm.. interesting...may be something about this.
    I'll keep note of this.

This morning I opted to sleep more ...do cardio...then train in the evening with Randy.
    Different for me But very successful.
    I got more sleep which gave me energy for the day.
    Cardio was fasted in the morn before work.
    and My Training Session of Bicep and Triceps were completly arm-crippling
    and to this I say Yaaay!
    ..and Ouch!
    lol

AM
    CARDIO

ELP: 15min
    BIKE: 15min

PM
    BICEPS

DB Curls
    30: 8-8-9-10

DB Hammer Curls
    25: 12-11-12-13

Cable Rope Curls
    35: 13-13-13-14

BB Concentration Curls
    40: 8-10-8-9

--Phew! Ouch! Total Bicep Fatigue!

TRICEPS

Weighted Dips
    50: 8-8
    25: 12-13
    BW: 16-17

DB Kick-Backs
    40: 10-10-11-10

Bench Dips
    45: 22-25-23-23

DB Skull Crushers
    40: 13-14-14-16

--Ouch! Triceps are Done!

Now to go eat!

Seeya'll in morning as I tackle my legs to destruction!...er, or something like that. heh!

Originally Posted by Pretty Hardcore View Post
    How's your arm feeling? Great workout today, your lowered weights are still pretty heavy.

Hope you have a great Wednesday.
    My arm is still bothersome but better.

I can't believe the soreness I have in my chest...It's nice!

Originally Posted by BrandyTKO View Post
    Good chest workout Joan, mine was yesterday, new gym for me, I really have to get some stuff done on building there as it seems to be one of my weaker points, though I love the workout its just not as much definition for me as my back. Any particular exercises you find most effective for chest growth/definition?
    I can't say there is a particular exercise to define chest...All are effective...It comes down to pushing to failure, good form, variety, and consistency.
    Originally Posted by Whatanejit View Post
    Jeez.. that was a heck of a workout Joan - how long did it take?

Oh, I loooooooooove feta cheese YUM!
    HI
    That workout took an hour...then 30min for cardio.

Feta is gooood!

Back from destruction...

I seriously pushed my legs to fatigue!

LEGS

Extensions
    150: 14-15-14-14

Smith Hack Squats
    150: 10-11-10-11

Smith Leg Press
    215: 15-16
    220: 14-16
    230: 13

Lying Leg Curls
    60: 10-10-11-11

Smith Sngle Leg Squat
    65: 13-13-15-15

SB Sumo Squats
    50: 20-20-20-20

--Done! Legs are Fatigued! Ouch!

CALVES

Raises:
    Forward, In, Out

Donkey Smith Raises

3x To Failure

--Big Burn!

ABS

Rope Crunches
    35: 30-26-30

Leg Raises
    3x to failure

--Nice Contraction!

CARDIO

20min on Bike.

Today is higer carb day, with Oats and Sweet Potatoes being the main carb load foods.

Ya'll have a great, happy, strong, healthy day!!

Working on Hoosier 2.0 HoosierHardGain's Avatar
    HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HoosierHardGain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's quite a bit of volume, Joan. No wonder your legs are fried!
    Burning Fat Cells One Rep At A Time

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it." - Nelson Mandela.

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great looking workouts in here. How goes the mass gain battle? Hope you enjoyed the extra carbs!

Good thing you ate some extra carbs after that leg day. Nice job, you did seriously push your legs. How's the doms?

Achoo!
    I have a cold

But I won't let a runny, sneezing nose hinder my training. Ha! *sniff*

I have great DOMS in my legs: Hams, Glutes and minor Quads.

Diet is good...I am loving my squashes: Butternut, Acorn, and newly favorite Buttercup!
    Yum!

I trained Shoulders..it was a good one.
    I was focused and kept the weight in control...Nice and Hard.
    The reps were higher on some exercies.
    Concentrating on rear delts.

SHOULDERS

Single-Arm Prss
    Both: 20: 15 -WU
    Single: 32: 9-9-8-9
    Both: 25: 12

Head-On-Bench DB Laterals
    35: 15-16
    40: 7-8
    37: 9

Front-Plate Raises
    45: 9-10-11-11

DB Up-Right Rows
    35: 12-13-13-14-15

Straight-Arm DB Laterals
    15: 13-14-1
    20: 12-13

Bent-Over DB Laterals
    20: 10-15-15

--Great Shoulder Fatigue!

ABS

Cable Rope Crunches

Leg Raises
    3x To Failure

--Good Contraction

CARDIO

TM: 5, 5min
    ELP: 5, 5min
    BIKE: 5, 5min

--Good-N-Sweaty!

This is Interesting!

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-p...nd-percentages

Achoo!

Ya'll have a great Friday: Happy, Strong and Healthy!!

Originally Posted by HoosierHardGain View Post
    That's quite a bit of volume, Joan. No wonder your legs are fried!
    And the still are frying
    Great soreness.
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Great looking workouts in here. How goes the mass gain battle? Hope you enjoyed the extra carbs!
    Thanks MaryAnne

It's hard to tell how the mass gain is...I am pretty sure that I have built more muscle mass since the beginning of the year.
    I feel and look denser.

The carbs were delicious!

Originally Posted by Pretty Hardcore View Post
    Good thing you ate some extra carbs after that leg day. Nice job, you did seriously push your legs. How's the doms?
    DOMS are pleasing to walk with..lol.
    my sorenes is mostly in my hams and glutes...makes it hard to squat/get up and down from a chair..
    Im loving it!
    Stretching helps..ahhh!

Good day to you!
    Last edited by Buffycat3; 11-19-2010 at 01:02 AM.

SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) SgSpartan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hi Joan. Drink more fluids, helps with the cold!
    Served two years in the military. Respect all military brahs!

+ 92B +

**MISC Strength Crew**

**Los Angeles Lakers** **Kobe Bryant** **Derrick Rose**

I DO not REP BACK.

People who have to rep me for life:
    GreasyBurger, AVOJAMACADA, Cuhh

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I really like squash too. One season I kind of overdid it and actually started to turn a little orange. Beta Carotene FTW! lol
    Team General Mills

I woke up sweaty and soaked again this morning...wow!

Great Energy for my Anxiously Awaiting Back Workout!
    Yesss! I nailed it good.
    ...almost too good..I felt a twinge of a pulled-muscle in my left lat area...but it never got too serious.
    I continued with the entire Fatiguing, Wiped-Out, Total Back Workout!

SUPERSETS

BACK

Weighted Pull-Ups
    30: 8-8-7
    25: 10
    BW: 17
    SS/
    Seated Close-Grip Cable Rows
    150: 10-10-10-10

Cable Pull-Downs
    90: 11-10-10-10
    SS/
    BB Rev.Grip Rows
    125: 12-12-13-13

"V" Cable Pull-Downs
    70: 14
    75: 12-12-12

Close-Grip Pull-Ups -Dropsets
    15: 10
    10: 8
    5: 8
    BW: 10

--Good Strong W/O...Back is totaly fatigued!

ABS

Cable Rope Crunches

CARDIO

ELP: 10min
    BIKE: 10min
    TM: 10min

--Ahh..Sweaty!

HUNGRY!!!

Have a great, happy, strong, healthy day!!

Originally Posted by SgSpartan View Post
    Hi Joan. Drink more fluids, helps with the cold!
    Thanks for the helpful tip! much appreciated!
    I shall drink more...in fact I have been drinking more(yesterday) after reading your post.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    I really like squash too. One season I kind of overdid it and actually started to turn a little orange. Beta Carotene FTW! lol
    Ha! Same with me!
    I was drying my hands in the womens rr at my job, and one woman saw my hands and was Very Surprised at my Orange Hands...LOL it was funny!

Here's an article on all the different types of squashes:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/squash.htm

sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000) sammykapp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hello!

I have to confess....I'm a tremendus e-lurker, and I've been lurking for quite sometime.

Your strength is absolutely incredible, as is the fact you get your workouts in so early in the am. I'm still working on getting myself up that early, and the fact that you consistently do this has made it slightly harder for me to justify not doing it.

Sub'd. Definitely looking forward to seeing your continued progress. Plus you have Feta and squash. It would be wrong not to follow this.
    No excuses, just performance...

My Trip with SciVation: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=115598021