l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) l3ulls3y3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any way to adjust my strength leg workout to train explosiveness for vert too?

I'm working on my vert, but not really seeing any gains so far because I'm still doing leg workouts. Been training for a month now, started out squatting 95 for 5, now I'm doing 160 for 5. I'm training till about 275x1 till I start doing plyos.

Is there any way though, that I can train explosiveness while weight training as well? If I squat, go down slowly, but should I EXPLODE up? Same thing for Calf raises, leg extensions, leg curls, leg press. I also heard that chains on the squat bar helps as well.

My current leg workout is.

Squat - 5 by 5

Leg Press - 3 by 6

Lunges - 3 by 6

Leg Curl Machine - 3 by 8

Leg Extension - 3 by 8

Seated Calf Raises - 4 by 8.

Registered Manmore VerticalDreams's Avatar
    VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    The exercises you listed are good.
    but if you really want to see a definitive increase in your vertical, you are going to want to add Plyometrics into your weekly workout schedule. I currently do 4 days a week
    mon tues, wednesday (REST) thursday friday, Weekend (REST)
    ALL plyometrics, I have gained muscle, toned up, and lost weight ( I am combining the workouts with a diet) and my Vertical Currently sits at 39"
    Before I started, my Running Vertical was 25".

Plyometric exercises you can try are:

a) Tuck Jumps
    b) Vertical explosion jumps ( jump as high as you can off the spot for set amount of reps)
    c)Sprints
    d) Jump Rope
    e) 1 Leg Hops
    f) Frog Hops ( over a distance)

these are just a FEW of the things you can do.

As well as plyometrics and leg weights that you are currently doing, you NEED to work on your flexibility as well as CORE strength.
    These both play enormous roles in your ability to jump, if you are inflexible and have a weak core you will 100% be holding your vertical leap potential back.

Hope I helped,
    Peace

uracrappie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hang cleans and power cleans are good for getting explosion. Also when you are doing calf raises and other leg workouts, i recomend doing them each three times- one with your toes straight ahead, one set with them pointed out, and one set with them pointing in. This works different parts of your calfs and you can really feel it

viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50) viperjax will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    leg extensions/curls/presses are unnecessary to develop vert/explosiveness. unless you want to be a cute bodybuilder.