MisterShowtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question To much running bad for weight lifting?

I have recently started a workout program since I have been deployed (2 months) and have noticed that im getting bigger and stronger but my body is not looking the way that I want it to. I started incorporating cardio but I was told by several people that cardio deteriorates muscle strength. How much truth is there to this myth? Can I run all I want or is there a limit to how much running needs to be done? I dont want to lose the gains I have now because I am trying to lower my body fat %. Any help or suggestions you all have are more than welcome. Thanks for the help.

-TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000) -TC- is just really nice. (+1000)
    how much are you doing?

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    No they are just getting confused with their information. Today I did 40 minutes of cardio and got did 35 pushups right after and about a month ago I did a fitness test for a police university program and was only able to do 24. Okay I'm going to break it down for you. Weight lifting will actually decrease your muscle if you don't get your protein right after because you are using so much energy and increasing your heart rate so much for like half a minute just to do ten reps and then all of the sudden your heart rate drops down to resting. This is forcing your body to use up your protein and amino acid stores for energy. This will increase actually increase your metabolism for a few days. If you combine this with the right cardio which is lighter cardio where you are sweating heavily but you should be able to hold a converstaion easily (for me this is mainting my heart rate between 130 and 135 bpm) you are burning oxygen and your body is using fat and carbs for energy. This will burn off your body fat while your weight lifting will increase your metabolism. You don't need to push your self hard at all with cardio like you do with your weight training.

MisterShowtime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im only doing about 6 miles a week. Its not a lot. I was just told that cardio hinders your weight lifting and I was curious. So as long as I get the right amount of proteins I can continue to run the 6 miles a week? Does cardio help your weight lifting or is it merely just a way to burn off extra unwanted calories?

Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Collapoppa23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ShoWTimE85 View Post
    Im only doing about 6 miles a week. Its not a lot. I was just told that cardio hinders your weight lifting and I was curious. So as long as I get the right amount of proteins I can continue to run the 6 miles a week? Does cardio help your weight lifting or is it merely just a way to burn off extra unwanted calories?
    from what I understand cardio is to burn off the extra calories and gain cardiovascular endurance, and it has nothing to do with weight lifting. That being said, if u do overdo cardio without enough protein/ calories for the day it will stop burning fat and will go begin burning ur muscle, but u should more or less know if ur burning too many calories ( 500 below ur maintenance is just about perfect if ur trying to lose weight)

Take it for what its worth

naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10) naija2atl is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Collapoppa23 View Post
    from what I understand cardio is to burn off the extra calories and gain cardiovascular endurance, and it has nothing to do with weight lifting. That being said, if u do overdo cardio without enough protein/ calories for the day it will stop burning fat and will go begin burning ur muscle, but u should more or less know if ur burning too many calories ( 500 below ur maintenance is just about perfect if ur trying to lose weight)

Take it for what its worth
    You are almost right. running increase your endurance which will help your lift duration and help burn excess cals but your body will not stop using store energy/fuel AKA fat and turn to muscle. Cardio is good in moderation

namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) namesarehard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Man I ran ten miles in 40 minutes last night. 6 miles in a week you will be fine. You don't need to do cardio unless you want to lose fat. It won't affect your muscle at all unless you work your body super hard as in pushing yoru heart rate to plus 160.

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have to walk 50 minutes like 5 days a week for depression. If i don't do my fast-walk i feel real bored and depressed. You can try fast-walking, like walking at a desperate pace swinging your arms for 40 minutes to 60 minutes, 5 to 6 days per week, and that is still considered cardio exercise. Because i think that jogging and running is just too much of an effort for people who lift weights.

I have recently started a workout program since I have been deployed (2 months) and have noticed that im getting bigger and stronger but my body is not looking the way that I want it to. I started incorporating cardio but I was told by several people that cardio deteriorates muscle strength. How much truth is there to this myth? Can I run all I want or is there a limit to how much running needs to be done? I dont want to lose the gains I have now because I am trying to lower my body fat %. Any help or suggestions you all have are more than welcome. Thanks for the help.
    http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) cyclistgod has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Another thing i forgot is to try to get your carbohydrates from green vegetables only, and if you have problems losing fat, try the ketogenic low-carb diets

http://how-to-be-a-nietzsche-superman.blogspot.com/

harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10) harshathlete is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by namesarehard View Post
    Man I ran ten miles in 40 minutes last night. 6 miles in a week you will be fine. You don't need to do cardio unless you want to lose fat. It won't affect your muscle at all unless you work your body super hard as in pushing yoru heart rate to plus 160.
    10 miles in 40 minutes ? I highly doubt it...That's a 4 minute mile..faster than the fastest runners from Kenya/America or elswhere....

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol wat? 10miles in 40min huh?

u mad i ran 40miles in 10min?
    n4l
    Rayaarito
    fappin
    r32gojirra

PURPLEHEARTVET has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    man i ran ten miles in 40 minutes last night.
    lol!!!!!!!!

ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ginosko is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by harshathlete View Post
    10 miles in 40 minutes ? I highly doubt it...That's a 4 minute mile..faster than the fastest runners from Kenya/America or elswhere....
    lol, i thought the same thing.