IsurfSnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stay at home moms

Hi ladies I am new here. Is there any stay at home moms out there like me who are struggling to find themselves again? I feel like I've somehow molded to this idealic stepford wife and I've forgotten who I am and how to find her. When I work out I plug in to my I pod and there she is again. Only for that hour or so. After my workout it's back to reality. Does this get better as your kids get older?

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My oldest is 6 and youngest is 3. I *just* started going back to school full time and have them in daycare (yay, in the real world again!), so 6 years of kids being with me 24/7 aside from....*drumroll*...the wonderful gym daycare. I don't know how old your kids are, but yes things get better as they get older and more independent. But you still need to find time to be you in the meantime, or it will drive you crazy.

aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    How old is your little one?

I have a 3 year old, and have recently become a single mum too. I now get my weekends to myself because my boy goes to his dad's each weekend from Friday evening to Sunday evening. I finally feel like I am reconnecting with the old me, it's great. I totally took alone time for granted prior to having a child, I appreciate it so much more now

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Me too. My son is 12 weeks on Tuesday. I try to get in a workout every now and then but it's very hard. When he is old enough (when I'm comfortable with it, LOL) I will join a gym with a daycare so I can go 3x a week. I have always loved having an hour to myself to workout.

NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50) NaturalWoman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    . But you still need to find time to be you in the meantime, or it will drive you crazy.
    I agree with this statement you do need some time to yourself.

BUT, Isurf, this is you too. This is just another aspect of you. This is mommy you. You are not less, you are more. Remember that.
    I fall down but I get up again. I will not stop until my body makes me grin. :)

aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussiemommy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Me too. My son is 12 weeks on Tuesday. I try to get in a workout every now and then but it's very hard. When he is old enough (when I'm comfortable with it, LOL) I will join a gym with a daycare so I can go 3x a week. I have always loved having an hour to myself to workout.
    My gym has childcare too, I love it!! During the week I do workouts while he is at kindergarten (he goes twice a week), then I do another workout after dropping him off at his Dad's, and I also do a group aerobics class on Sunday mornings. But sometimes I want to go on the non-kindergarten days so this is when I use the childcare. Very handy to have that option.

hutor04 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also go to the gym with kindergarten and find it great. Having kids can not deprive of you working out and caring about your body

Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    First of all, kudos to you for having the mental ability to be a SAHM.

Also great that you find time for yourself in the gym. Being a mom is alot of tough work. Possibly you could put your kiddos in care for a couple hours a week (besides the gym) and go out to do something for yourself, or maybe take a class? Just an idea.
    Strive for more.

MyFitnessPal - Rozlyn1708

milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) milosmom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'am a SAH/WAHM (have are own business phone starts ringing at 7am and doesn't stop til 11pm), so i'm never far from the phone/cell desktop or laptop i drag my files and paperwork along with me and work in my car or the hockey arenas while waiting for my kids. my kids are now in there early teens, there in sports, and music.. they can manage to help out a bit now and take on some responsibilities around the house, there not liken' it ... but now its my time, i need to whip this body back into shape and make time for me.. Take Care

NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NOVA888 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by milosmom View Post
    I'am a SAH/WAHM (have are own business phone starts ringing at 7am and doesn't stop til 11pm), so i'm never far from the phone/cell desktop or laptop i drag my files and paperwork along with me and work in my car or the hockey arenas while waiting for my kids. my kids are now in there early teens, there in sports, and music.. they can manage to help out a bit now and take on some responsibilities around the house, there not liken' it ... but now its my time, i need to whip this body back into shape and make time for me.. Take Care
    I'm pretty much in the same position--own my own business, tend to the home, but I have only one teenager. And yes, my daughter is not keen on all the new household chores, lol! But it gives me a little more time for myself, and I enjoy it.
    “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out.” Anton Chekhov

"10% of life, is what happens to you--90% is how you respond to it."

"I know that I know nothing"--Socrates

jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) jagadzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i think it is so healthy to have an outlet, and YES it does get easier! i mean, who wants to leave a baby or really young toddler for long? well, i guess many people do like to get their own time even when baby is young, but still- hard for me.
    i got STARTED into working out when my 3rd was 3 months. i went 2 nights a week for the first several months, then finally (gasp!) used the ymca's kid care and it was heavenly. i slowly inched up to 4 - 5 x a week, about 1 hr 15 minutes at a time using kid care. it is total "me" time. i admit though that i am away for work 3 full/long days a week so i'm not a 100% sahm, but i feel like i mostly am. enjoy life- all different facets of it. being able to be home with your children most of the time is such a blessing if you can mentally and financially be in that position! At the same time, enjoy your "you" time, however you're able to find it!
    Mom to four and always getting stronger!