CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

When you think about it, Keto is natures very own diet

I was thinking about keto whilst I was sat eating my morning omelette and the foods you eat are what nature intended

Meat
    Fish
    Eggs
    Poultry
    Nuts
    Veg

The only real non Keto things that are natural that we would eat are
    Starchy/Sweet Veg
    Fruit

I deduce this because 90% of humans current carb intake is processed and back when we evolved to humans there would have been no machines to make Pasta, Breads etc so Keto probably works best for us because its a more natural diet for us.

Thoughts? Am I imagining this or is it true?
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000) Bustedchalk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    well if you think we have probably own been eating grains in the last 1000 years, yes Keto is a very natural diet.

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Bustedchalk View Post
    well if you think we have probably own been eating grains in the last 1000 years, yes Keto is a very natural diet.
    Did grains magically pop into existence 1000 years ago? Probably not.

I have read all the stuff about how as humans we did not start eating grains until the last few whatever years. Is this stuff true? Don't know. But if I don't know then how can anyone else really know.

As a human, I would have eaten anything I could get a hold of back then.

So if grains did not pop in to existence , my guess is people have been eating them for a long long time.

Who really knows????????????????????????????

Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Eileen is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    They can find out what people eat from looking at all sort of remains, including the bodies of people who fall into glaciers.

Humans probably ate some grains, but until agriculture, they didn't raise them, and they would not have been a big food source, particularly as most grains are not suitable for eating raw. Grains would have been eaten as frequently as strawberries or some other food that you occasionally find in a state you can eat. You wouldn't base a diet on them.

Hunter gatherers were mainly keto but you'd better believe that if they found honey, they'd eat it. LOTS of it.
    65% fat, 30% protein, 5% carbs = keto.

http://www.eileengormley.com/ Funny science fiction for bodybuilders

CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CatFunt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Skullaway View Post
    Did grains magically pop into existence 1000 years ago? Probably not.

I have read all the stuff about how as humans we did not start eating grains until the last few whatever years. Is this stuff true? Don't know. But if I don't know then how can anyone else really know.

As a human, I would have eaten anything I could get a hold of back then.

So if grains did not pop in to existence , my guess is people have been eating them for a long long time.

Who really knows????????????????????????????
    Its more qa case of the fact that most grains we eat are processed and we could not/did not process them until recently isnt it?
    ***TEAM REDRAIDER86***
    ***MY WELL WISHES TO ALL BATTLING ILLNESS OR ADDICTION***

iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iladelph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CatFunt View Post
    Its more qa case of the fact that most grains we eat are processed and we could not/did not process them until recently isnt it?
    yup. processed grains are cheap to produce, have a long shelf life, and easy to market to the mass population. In no way are they or have been an essential part of the human diet. I think (I could be wrong) that processed grains are a more recent trend.
    Pain Pain Pain... then maybe some Pleasure.

Ketogenic and Bionic. BritishFighter's Avatar
    BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Humans have been eating grains and starchy vegetables for about 10,000 years.....but it takes a lot longer than that for Evolution to make the necessary changes for our bodies to truly handle the carbs. People who ate carbs 10,000 years ago, certainly did not eat them as 65% of their daily intake......they weren't a "staple". Industrialization, processing, mass-production and countless supermarkets forced us to WAY over-eat carbs as a society.

The body treats carbs in much the same way it treats alcohol. The body doesn't LOVE using carbs for fuel, it uses them first to get them the hell out of the system. That's why insulin does what it does....a 1/4 of a teaspoon more than the regular amount of sugar circulating in our blood at any given moment, is toxic enough to kill us.

Carbs feed cancer, give us acne, cause diabetes, cloud our brains, make us fat, make us bloated and gassy, clog our arteries, give us acid reflux.....

and the reason most of us are on a Ketogenic diet.......they stop us from burning fat for fuel!

Humans were never supposed to eat carbs as a primary food source. They're almost completely nutritionally devoid! In the quest to lose weight and be healthy, throw out the only macronutrient that your body can function perfectly without....and keep the ones you're die without. It's not rocket science.

www.undergroundnutritionist.com

Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500) Scrote is not very helpful. (-500)
    You got it, the genes that regulate our metabolism slowly evolve and have not caught up with the typical "refined/enriched" diets. (not broscience, I'm a molecular biologist.)

USMC - Live Strong! - MMA toolslave462@gmail.com's Avatar
    toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50) toolslave462@gmail.com will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post
    Humans have been eating grains and starchy vegetables for about 10,000 years.....but it takes a lot longer than that for Evolution to make the necessary changes for our bodies to truly handle the carbs. People who ate carbs 10,000 years ago, certainly did not eat them as 65% of their daily intake......they weren't a "staple". Industrialization, processing, mass-production and countless supermarkets forced us to WAY over-eat carbs as a society.

The body treats carbs in much the same way it treats alcohol. The body doesn't LOVE using carbs for fuel, it uses them first to get them the hell out of the system. That's why insulin does what it does....a 1/4 of a teaspoon more than the regular amount of sugar circulating in our blood at any given moment, is toxic enough to kill us.

Carbs feed cancer, give us acne, cause diabetes, cloud our brains, make us fat, make us bloated and gassy, clog our arteries, give us acid reflux.....

and the reason most of us are on a Ketogenic diet.......they stop us from burning fat for fuel!

Humans were never supposed to eat carbs as a primary food source. They're almost completely nutritionally devoid! In the quest to lose weight and be healthy, throw out the only macronutrient that your body can function perfectly without....and keep the ones you're die without. It's not rocket science.
    I enjoy reading your posts, you give a lot of good info, I learn something every time. But at the same time this post is slightly spinning carbs as evil. You don't want people to become carb-o-phobic here :P
    Fitness Freak - Nutrition Geek
    ...Certified Personal Trainer...
    ...US Marine Corps Veteran...

"I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul."

Goal: 205 lbs (Started in 2008 @ 120lbs)

BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50) BritishFighter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    I enjoy reading your posts, you give a lot of good info, I learn something every time. But at the same time this post is slightly spinning carbs as evil. You don't want people to become carb-o-phobic here :P
    I try to always state facts. If necessary, I can back up everything I say with evidence. There is honestly no such thing as a "good carb"...Except certain types of fiber. Granted, they help with muscle growth, and any bodybuilder that is truly "huge" probably only got there with the help of sufficient amounts of carbohydrate. But, they are not "good" for the body.

People wouldn't be improving cholesterol/lipid profiles, improving skin tone, reducing bodyweight, reducing oxidative stress, fighting Alzheimer's disease, Diabetes, cancer, and Epilepsy etc etc.....all with Ketogenic/low-carb diets......if carbs were "good" for us. If all those chronic "modern" diseases are at least PARTLY caused or worsened by High Fructose Corn Syrup and other widely over-eaten carbs, how could they EVER been known as remotely beneficial.....except to bodybuilders?

People do and always will make up their own minds about whether or not something is "evil". If someone thinks that from what I post, that's up to them. I won't say carbs are evil.....but I will call it like I see it. Period. :-)
    Last edited by BritishFighter; 09-03-2010 at 07:02 AM.

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by toolslave462@gmail.com View Post
    this is true. we all do need carbs at some point.

I couldn't have said it better than this:
    http://blog.questproteinbar.com/?p=13

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BritishFighter View Post

i enjoy your posts on nutrition, but this one you are EXTREMELY oversimplifying the redundant Taubes 'carbs' dilemma.
    you can look through tribes in paleo time and gather a lot from them...

regarding wheat, you cannot eat a wheat berry(what it starts as) raw in nature...paleo man would have died of diarreha or stomach dumping from it. you need to soak it, grind it, soak it sprout it etc etc to even make one wheath berry edible. think about how many wheatberrys you would need to pick to make anything appreciable add up... paleo man would have spent no time doing such. also, they wreak havoc on your body.same with everyone beloved oats...

fruit, was seasonal, and was gorged on when it was found. if you were 'on the hunt' for meat and came across a strawberry patch, you would eat your ass off of them. then be done. how often did this really happen when theres a boat load of other animals who could potentially live in the fruit tree and take te fruit?? paleo man did not have to worry about topping off this liver glycogen nor dd he have to worry about 'fructose' problems because he didnt consume it often enough nor did he eat unnatural foods along with it.

dairy...when you look at the masai who lived on meat, blood and milk, their milk was straight from the animal consumed raw from an animal they found. again, VERY different from the hormone laden, heat nutrient stripped cottage cheese and skim milk many BB use. raw grassfed dairy is prolly beneficial for those who seek muscle/mass gain.

vegetables...again, like wheat look at how much bang for your buck you are getting. would paleo man go around with bowls of lettuce? not hardly, theres nil nutrition compared to tubers, winter squash, sweet potatos etc. i wager a bet that paleo man knew how to use plants/greens/seaweed for medicinal purposes rather than 'energy' purposes

nuts... again, think about the competition. A LOT of animals in the wild will gather nuts and nuts go bad relatively quickly after they fall. so if grok did come across fresh nuts ot already taken by something else then yeah, he prolly hd a few. but its hard as hell to OPEN a nut by the way without a cracker.

meat... was natural, and a lot leaner save for winter big kills like a bear or something. paleo man didnt give one sh*t about muscle meat either. theres NOTHING nutrition wise comparable between muscle meat and organ meat. liver, kidney, heart, brains, thyroid, stomach & its contents...thats what he wanted. large source of nutrients, fat etc.

now you have the paleo crowd who are all dogma and ban nightshades, eat all raw etc etc then you have common sense which says their food was fresh, consumed sporadially and seasonally and NOTHING like the adulterated processed, factory hormone produced food we eat today.

malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10) malibu2008 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by EngUAFitness View Post
    this is true. we all do need carbs at some point.
    biologically speaking, that is 100% wrong. there is no dietary requirement for carbohydrates in the human body. glucose, yes has a requirement, but not carbs

EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) EngUAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by malibu2008 View Post
    biologically speaking, that is 100% wrong. there is no dietary requirement for carbohydrates in the human body. glucose, yes has a requirement, but not carbs
    for lifting and glycogen replenishment, easiest way to get glucose