deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Can't seem to put mass on upper-inner chest?? any suggestions

Basically i have mass on lower chest, and upper chest, but my upper inner chest is lacking mass.

for upperchest i do,

Incline bench Press 80kg (grip is closer to activate triceps more than shoulders)
    incline flys
    cable excercise (not sure of the name)

i also do chest dips, but they seem to target my lower inner chest better than upper inner chest.

I'm really hoping that i dont have bad chest genetics, and can't develop a good upper inner chest
    The'll never get huge arms with crossfit! ~ Clive

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160432981&p=1212608741&viewfull=1#post1212608741

kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a similar issue, i find it very hard to gain mass on my upper chest, i think it's a very hard spot to develop. Mine has grown since i've been hitting it harder, but would love to know other peoples thoughts on it too.
    What good is an action with no purpose, what good is a purpose with no goal?

Check out my mates music site: http://www.********.com/pages/Manon-Dave-Music/123378697683602

deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) deltbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by kushy28 View Post
    I have a similar issue, i find it very hard to gain mass on my upper chest, i think it's a very hard spot to develop. Mine has grown since i've been hitting it harder, but would love to know other peoples thoughts on it too.
    lol seems like a common problem

i'm thinking its chest genetics bro, some of us are doomed to have crappy shaped chests

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160432981&p=1212608741&viewfull=1#post1212608741

stuym has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i had the same problem for ages. i found after i started my chest workout with incline presses before flat and decline it made a big difference strength wise which in turn worked growth wise. having said that though i still struggle with the upper inner part! what do you train first when you do chest?

kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kushy28 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by stuym View Post
    i had the same problem for ages. i found after i started my chest workout with incline presses before flat and decline it made a big difference strength wise which in turn worked growth wise. having said that though i still struggle with the upper inner part! what do you train first when you do chest?
    I actually do what you do, i train incline first (noticed strength increase also).

Check out my mates music site: http://www.********.com/pages/Manon-Dave-Music/123378697683602

j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10) j.daddy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by deltbrah View Post
    Basically i have mass on lower chest, and upper chest, but my upper inner chest is lacking mass.

for upperchest i do,

Incline bench Press 80kg (grip is closer to activate triceps more than shoulders)
    incline flys

i also do chest dips, but they seem to target my lower inner chest better than upper inner chest.

I'm really hoping that i dont have bad chest genetics, and can't develop a good upper inner chest

Incline dumbell presses. I had /have a similar problem. I've brought up my upper chest a lot. I do 6 sets of db incline presses to start my chest day. With dumbells you can put the emphasis where you want to. You don't have a fixed grip like barbell presses. You also should concentrate on your inner chest while pressing. Go as heavy as you can for 6-10 reps, but you need to make sure your form is still good. Hope that helps bro.

KingJake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KingJake has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As said before, make sure you START with incline as opposed to flat exercises, and dont fall in to the trap of setting the incline too high. you should be looking at 20-30' incline MAX otherwise you are just working your shoulders.

blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally think developing a big chest has more to do with genetics than your lifting routine, but this is my chest workout.

start with incline bench presses 3/10

db flat bench presses 3/10

pec fly 3/10

incline cable fly 3/10

I also superset each chest exercise with a back exercise, by rotating between chest and back exercises, it allows me a little longer between each rep so I'm able to lift heavier than when I just did 3 sets in a row.
    My focus is the process, the stressful environment that you place your body in, eventually adapting to that environment, and subsequently conquering that environment. Bodybuilding is uncomfortable, embrace the discomfort.

yeah thats the thing, all advice has been start with incline, not flat, which is basically the broscience everyone gets fed by experts........ I do that aswell. But i am thinking its more genetics oh well i can always keep trying and smashing it like crazy till i finally get there.

btw blackfiremen, you have an amazing chest bro (mirin dat der genetics)

Nice suggestions.

I think DB may be the best way to go, i also use a bar for incline but i'll switch to DB and give it a try.

Thanks for the thread Deltbrah.

blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blackfiremen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah thats the thing, all advice has been start with incline, not flat, which is basically the broscience everyone gets fed by experts........ I do that aswell. But i am thinking its more genetics oh well i can always keep trying and smashing it like crazy till i finally get there.

btw blackfiremen, you have an amazing chest bro (mirin dat der genetics)
    appreciate that bruh, thats why I say that I believe its mostly genetics because my father has a hugh chest and the first thing that started to grow when I first started lifting weights was my chest. Actually I had a nice size chest before I started lifting weights. Go figure
    My focus is the process, the stressful environment that you place your body in, eventually adapting to that environment, and subsequently conquering that environment. Bodybuilding is uncomfortable, embrace the discomfort.

toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) toneekay has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's really helped me a lot is indeed starting off with the DB incline press; the best way to target the inner chest IMO is to have the DB parallel to your body (palms facing body) in the negative and twist in the positive (palms facing away towards feet) bringing the DBs close together up top. All of this with the incline set to 30-40 degrees with DB/elbow stretching back the furthest in the negative and chest flexed/and sticking out as much as possible. Hope all of this helps!

+1 on genetics though.

Oh yea, and 4x10-12 working sets.

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

for upperchest i do,

incline flys

Hey !!! The incline dumbell press or fly is the way to go vs the incline barbell press.... When you bring the dumbells down you want to make sure to bring them down as low as you can and feel the center of your chest stretch. To make even bigger gains do the exercise 2-3 times slowly, and then do it 2-3 times explosivly and you will activate different fibers as well in that same muscle.

typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10) typh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Make sure you are doing your incline BP properly. Most people have their form wrong and this targets their shoulders...... use a military press to target the shoulders and incline BP for upper chest. Squeeeeze your pecks on each lift. I also use basic DB BP to target my chest. The video angel is poor on this but this dude does it nicely: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dynoKEIcpoU

Originally Posted by fazzenterprises View Post
    Hey !!! The incline dumbell press or fly is the way to go vs the incline barbell press.... When you bring the dumbells down you want to make sure to bring them down as low as you can and feel the center of your chest stretch. To make even bigger gains do the exercise 2-3 times slowly, and then do it 2-3 times explosivly and you will activate different fibers as well in that same muscle.
    ^ I would not recommend going as low as you can go in DB benchpress.... They should stay square and keep your elbows aligned with your back. There is no need to go low... This is totally my opinion though, to each their own. This guy is doing it perfect until he lets them drop at the end... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmBq8FVjJdo
    Last edited by typh; 09-02-2010 at 11:21 AM.
    . t y p h o n .

Nice shoes brah, they match your shirt.....

"Steal from yourselves, it never felt so good" - Chevelle

matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) matmil89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by blackfiremen View Post
    I personally think developing a big chest has more to do with genetics than your lifting routine, but this is my chest workout.

start with incline bench presses 3/10

db flat bench presses 3/10

pec fly 3/10

incline cable fly 3/10

I also superset each chest exercise with a back exercise, by rotating between chest and back exercises, it allows me a little longer between each rep so I'm able to lift heavier than when I just did 3 sets in a row.
    I think for safety purposes it would be better to do DB incline first and then do barbell for flat. I know that after incline my shoulders are a little tired. I am also paranoid of hurting my shoulder and being put on the sidelines.

That being said, you have an amazing chest brah (no homo)

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Developing the chest as a whole is the best option. Just focus on adding overall mass with a balance of upper and lower. Dont over analyze it.

IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10) IwuvLegDay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    There is no such thing as an inner chest. There is just Pec Major. Now you do have upper and lower fibers of the Pec Major which do different actions.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IwuvLegDay View Post
    There is no such thing as an inner chest. There is just Pec Major. Now you do have upper and lower fibers of the Pec Major which do different actions.
    neuromuscular compartments exist.
    Who was this love of yours?

SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000) SkarTissue is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try 1.5s for increased mass. Do a full rep, then bring it back down about halfway or so then back up and that's a full rep. Try those and see if it helps

medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) medjen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by IwuvLegDay View Post
    Thank you for bumping two ~3 week old threads on the same topic simply in an attempt to start an argument.
    -

Registered User fazzenterprises's Avatar
    fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250) fazzenterprises has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do 3 sets of incline dumbell Presses and 3 sets of incline dumbell flys.
    or
    Stick to just 3-6 sets of incline dumbell flys

I would recommend doing a exercise for your chest from each angle just for starters. Incline, flat, and decline. For decline you can stick with the dips leaning over. If you just press the incline dumbells it will work the upper chest, but if you want to work the center of it more then you need to bring them down lower until you feel that part of your chest stretching and tense, this might mean going a little lighter on the weight. Dont keep them in close either like you said, your triceps will burn out much sooner then your chest and wont be effective.

LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000) LegDaySucksBrah is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Originally Posted by medjen View Post
    Thank you for bumping two ~3 week old threads on the same topic simply in an attempt to start an argument.
    U mad I bumped it a year and a half later *******?

alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alfius7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same problem too... I found recently that doing incline dumbell press has helped me a lot on this.
    But instead of doing the usual movement where you actually make the 2 dumbells hit each other, i just go straight up... I've noticed right away a lot more tension on my upper pecs!
    give it a try...it has worked really fine for me.