Well Allow Me To Retort! Grizzly Adams's Avatar
    Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Drop Sets for Biceps

I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything.

Anyways, i want to incorporate drop sets into my bicep training but want to know a couple things before i do...

1. If i normally do 2 different bicep exercises of 3-4 sets on days i work my arms, should i only do 1 exercise while drop setting or is is ok to still do the other one using a normal 6-8 rep range? should i maybe go lighter, like 10-12?

2. Is three sets of drop sets too many? if im doing bicep d-bell curls should i do this:

warmup set
    set 1: 6-8 reps
    set 2: 6-8 reps
    set 3: Drop set

.....or is it ok to drop set on all 3?

3. If you were going to (or already do) drop set with biceps on occasion, how would you set up your routine?

i just want to avoid over training so any help is really appreciated. keep in mind i do back the next day so i like to keep my bicep sets to around 6-9 total every week, depending on the rep range, since ill hit them again indirectly 24 hours later.
    Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 01-29-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Under different conditions, goals, methods, dropsetting can be used anytime-anywhere. yes it's OK. Better to do them more toward the end of the workout than near the beginning, however.
    Time To Re-Schedule

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything.

Anyways, i want to incorporate drop sets into my bicep training but want to know a couple things before i do...

1. If i normally do 2 different bicep exercises of 3-4 sets on days i work my arms, should i only do 1 exercise while drop setting or is is ok to still do the other one using a normal 6-8 rep range? should i maybe go lighter, like 10-12?

2. Is three sets of drop sets too many? if im doing bicep d-bell curls should i do this:
    set 1: 6-8 reps
    set 2: 6-8 reps
    set 3: Drop set

.....or is it ok to drop set on all 3?

3. If you were going to (or already do) drop set with biceps on occasion, how would you set up your routine?

i just want to avoid over training so any help is really appreciated. keep in mind i do back the next day so i like to keep my bicep sets to around 6-9 total every week, depending on the rep range, since ill hit them again indirectly 24 hours later.
    Is there any specific reason you are doing drop sets?

Anyway, it's fine to do drop sets with one exercise and then continue on with straight sets for the rest of your exercises. Yes to question two too.

I would do a set of 10, then drop to a weight and do more, and drop to a weight and do more....

A single drop or descending set is when you lower the weight once.

A double drop or descending set is when you lower the weight twice.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I triead soemthing new today, kind of like a reverse drop set, and a drop set having to deal with reps rather than weight. Heres what I did:

Alternating Standing DB curls

Left: 1 rep
    Right: 1 rep
    Left: 2 reps
    Right: 2 reps
    Left: 3 reps
    Right: 3 reps
    Left: 4 reps
    Right: 4 reps
    Left: 5 reps
    Right: 5 reps
    Left: 6 reps
    Right: 6 reps

I liked it, it was a good change of pace, just thought I'd throw this out there.

Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50) Grizzly Adams will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    Is there any specific reason you are doing drop sets?
    i want to do something different because i feel like my my biceps are 'bored'. the rest of my body is progressing really well so i need something to shock my biceps and get them up to speed. feels like they're giving out when im doing rows and lat pulldowns too, like my back could knock out 2 more reps but my arms cant hang.

Originally Posted by Carmen0857 View Post
    I triead soemthing new today, kind of like a reverse drop set, and a drop set having to deal with reps rather than weight. Heres what I did:

Alternating Standing DB curls

Left: 1 rep
    Right: 1 rep
    Left: 2 reps
    Right: 2 reps
    Left: 3 reps
    Right: 3 reps
    Left: 4 reps
    Right: 4 reps
    Left: 5 reps
    Right: 5 reps
    Left: 6 reps
    Right: 6 reps

I liked it, it was a good change of pace, just thought I'd throw this out there.

wow, never heard that before...must have killed. how many sets of that did you do? i cant imagine more than one or two.

Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Carmen0857 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wow, never heard that before...must have killed. how many sets of that did you do? i cant imagine more than one or two.
    I just did a warm up set and then two working sets, yea I never heard of doing it either, I just thought it up, lol, it was pretty good, you should give it a try.

m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) m0sh has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually use drops sets on my last set for biceps.. well depending on the excercise. I do 3 regular working sets and right after the last set drop half the weight and go to failure.
    When you train in hell... It's not such a bad place.

Think Fast. Look Alive. Die Hard.