Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    mileysheen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mileysheen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Victory: 215 lb. squat!!

Challenge: 225 lb. squat by October 1st.
    Hi,

Nice to see this video. Thanks for sharing with us

Thanks

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jagadzie View Post
    GREAT GREAT great job!!!! you rocked those front squats today- felt AWESOME i am sure!

weighted pistol squats... i'd be over the moon if i could do them all the way down. i have gotten down to a very low box.... it's maybe 6-8ish inches from floor. with that, i struggle. some day. killer to do them with weight- total beast mode!
    Oh, thank you so much, I'm so emotional recently, I almost cried again when I saw your post .

thiago1029 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gottit

uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by juliacheh View Post
    Pistol squats - 4 sets, 12-10-10-10
    ouch I tried one, big fail, it's bloody hard
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125294131

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Legs today.

Smith machine squats 130x6 - 4 sets (me-no-likey-Smith, but it's all I have to work with)
    Walking DB lunges with 35's. 4 sets of 12. (up from 30's)
    Leg press - failed at 315 lbs (need food), lowered to 295x8x3.
    Stiff-legged deadlifts (I am toast about now) - 125x6x3.
    Finally, hip thrusts with 145x10x3.

I want my mommy.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After a month of no upper body workouts (injury) I FINALLY got to db bench today! Did not hurt my shoulder at all. Kept the weights crazy light and only went up to 50lb dbs x 12, lol, but hey, at least I'm doing something. FeltAwesome.jpg Also did some triceps without issue. Sports PT ftw!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cathenaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    115 lbs bench for three reps tonight! Determined to get a 45 lb plate on each side by mid-April!

40 lb DB incline press, 3 sets for 8 reps!

Also, BB rows, 8 @ 95lbs. I've been having some trouble with the muscles in my left hand so I was hesitant to go any heavier with these, but as soon as my hand feels back to normal I'm going MUCH heavier. LOVE rows!!!

Last edited by cathenaw; 03-13-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    Until the roof comes off,
    until my legs give out from underneath me
    I will not fall, I will stand tall,
    feels like no one could beat me.

footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) footstep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Victory...

Did 365lb on the leg press today for several sets after running. Felt great!

liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Victories-Popped plate for a single on flat bench.
    10 sets of 10 diamond elevated push-ups.

Failure-Smacked my spotter in the face after racking the weight.
    Failed to get same person's belt off of him when asked for help... sorry! :/ haha

AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Holy cow you ladies are amazing! I managed 140 on bench today for 3 reps, hopefully I will hit all 5 reps on Sunday. Thanks for the inspiration!

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Romanian deadlift 170x5, will shoot for 8 reps next workout.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AlphabetStew View Post
    Holy cow you ladies are amazing! I managed 140 on bench today for 3 reps, hopefully I will hit all 5 reps on Sunday. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Um, WOW Awesome job!

Romanian deadlift 170x5, will shoot for 8 reps next workout.
    Nice! I think you mentioned that you weren't into competitive PLing but well... you could be if you wanted to! You pull a lot for your weight.

AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10) AlphabetStew is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Another victory! Up to 145 for 3 reps on bench, 18 lbs away from bodyweight! Getting soooo close.

liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) liftingchick96 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hooray! Meet went well. First meet away from home. so nervous! Our team put up the only two girls in the competition. I was in bench press only, she was in full meet. Benched 132 with a weigh in weight of 123. Victory!

Originally Posted by liftingchick96 View Post
    Hooray! Meet went well. First meet away from home. so nervous! Our team put up the only two girls in the competition. I was in bench press only, she was in full meet. Benched 132 with a weigh in weight of 123. Victory!

Holy cow! Great job!

Holy cow, more than your BW, congrats and great job!!

Thanks! It was an experience to say the least. Only wish to one day be as impressive and strong as the women on here. It's insane. I love it.

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Holy cow, more than your BW, congrats and great job!!
    Originally Posted by AlphabetStew View Post
    Holy cow! Great job!
    ^^

even MORE so at the tender age of 14!

Kudos to you! I hope you did the happy chicken dance afterward!?

Victory! 115 bench press for a set of 8 with a weigh in weight of 122. I've come back so much stronger since I took a weeks rest.

New Challenge. 20 elevated diamond push ups added to my routine (20 regular push ups, pec deck, 20 diamond push ups, pec deck, 20 elevated push ups, pec deck)

Registered User skinnymomonline's Avatar
    skinnymomonline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

training

Today I did a full 30 minutes of HIIT training and lifted weights!

uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Congrats on bench, that's a big number!

Broke through my sticky point on deadlifts today (my sticky was 100kgs)

I did:
    95kgs (209 lbs) - 5 - 5
    97.5kgs (215 lbs) - 5 - 5 - 4

I usually don't do 1RM, but because I missed my last rep, I had a revenge rep
    110kgs (242.5 lbs) - 1
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125294131

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This has been a great week!
    Did my first unassisted chin ups since 2nd grade!
    Deadlifted 195 lbs - 60 lbs more than I ever have.
    Squatted 135 - 20 lbs more than I did 2 weeks ago.

On a roll! This sh*t gets addicting, lol.

calilove365 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    This has been a great week!
    Did my first unassisted chin ups since 2nd grade!
    Deadlifted 195 lbs - 60 lbs more than I ever have.
    Squatted 135 - 20 lbs more than I did 2 weeks ago.

On a roll! This sh*t gets addicting, lol.
    SO addicting!

I squatted 145 lbs (5x8) on Monday, which was a personal record--still paying for it today! Stairs are the enemy.

michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000) michellerb is just really nice. (+1000)
    Today marks a full 2 weeks that I have consistantly gone to the gym, 6 days a week, and "on time". This, after hit-and-miss sessions for awhile. I now consider it MY JOB to be there and get some serious work done!
    Don't "take care".... take RISKS!

Courage doesn't mean you have no fear, but rather that you've chosen not to allow your fear to paralyze you.

"The difference between a goal and a dream is a deadline." -Steve Smith

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by calilove365 View Post
    SO addicting!

I squatted 145 lbs (5x8) on Monday, which was a personal record--still paying for it today! Stairs are the enemy.
    It's funny. We are very fit and strong compared to most people, yet we spend so much time walking around like old men! Or at least I do, lol.

miche77esru has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This sounds pathetic I know, but after completing my 12 week program I can now do 3 non-assist pullups! I used to not be able to even do one.

Anniepops has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    First post cause I like this thread its lovely and positive.

Victory for me today was 25lb single arm high pulls and using a barbell for the first time to rep some 50lb bent over rows.

One day i'll do a deadlift with a barbell.. when I am not too scared of them! Dumbells are so much less scary than barbells I don't know why!

thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50) thecityignites will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Anniepops View Post
    First post cause I like this thread its lovely and positive.

Victory for me today was 25lb single arm high pulls and using a barbell for the first time to rep some 50lb bent over rows.

One day i'll do a deadlift with a barbell.. when I am not too scared of them! Dumbells are so much less scary than barbells I don't know why!
    I just started doing dead lifts with a barbell. I was a bit nervous at first too, but I've found I can actually do quite a bit more weight with a barbell. I was pretty stuck at the same weight with dumb bells, but I tried em out with a barbell 2 weeks ago, and was able to up the ante by 20 lbs right off the bat.(yay new personal best!). So, try it out! You may even like it better. And if scrawny little me can go for it and be successful, anyone can haha.

On a total side note - I got complimented on my abs today ^.^ I just started working on them and being more "mindful" of my diet (read: eating more protein and drinking less) within the past month or two. I'm still excited by this obv.

mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50) mybodybliss will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb

this thread is fantastic ladies-thank-you :-)

certainly a reality check for a newbie to 'building'(was lifting light for 1 year) it really highlights to me how FAR I've got to go..lol.....
    my deadlifts,squats etc at the moment are only 40lb and leg presses are 130lb? (gotta start somewhere right?)
    I'll be increasing that from Monday though! ;-P

Anniepops has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ran a 5k race for life today after getting £100 sponsership money (might not seem like much but I am not comfortable asking for money so I am still pleased). In the end I finished in 21 mins and came FIFTH out of 1600! - and I am not even fast!!!