Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today, I finished the last workout of the last Stage of New Rule of Lifting for Women...little did I know going into the library back in January looking for Jackie Warner's book that I would instead run across the book that would change my workouts forever!!!

I did get the chin up, I did power moves, I did less cardio, I lifted heavier than ever, I stayed interested, I made a break from people I've been trying to break from, I made a place for myself on the weight lifting floor, I had people get out of my way, I had people make fun of my clipboard, I didn't care, I realized I don't have the ab muscle I thought I might have, I have glutes that weren't there before, I did not a single biceps curl in 7 months, I stayed connected with a friend in another town who I introduced to the book and will finish next week, and I'm ready to start the Original New Rules with her in December.

Whew!

sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sgtmom1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Survived Outlet Mall walk about

You may not think this applicable, But I survived a day of shopping the outlet mall with three of my five kids Saturday. I have Chronic Fatigue and subclinical thyroid-not currently medicated to see how I do without. My calves were sore But I felt pretty good after because of being sick other wise.

Babysteps first. time to try Push ups again. See what I can do.
    How I choose to be happy with my husband (ColonelDad), kids, health, our businesses, our Farm, resources for self-directed Education. Learn, Live & love your life and choose to be happy.

fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fitlover has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, a little different than 225, but I found out that I have a 1RM of 260 lbs. on my squat.
    ^_^

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IronPeach_79 View Post
    Today, I finished the last workout of the last Stage of New Rule of Lifting for Women...little did I know going into the library back in January looking for Jackie Warner's book that I would instead run across the book that would change my workouts forever!!!

I did get the chin up, I did power moves, I did less cardio, I lifted heavier than ever, I stayed interested, I made a break from people I've been trying to break from, I made a place for myself on the weight lifting floor, I had people get out of my way, I had people make fun of my clipboard, I didn't care, I realized I don't have the ab muscle I thought I might have, I have glutes that weren't there before, I did not a single biceps curl in 7 months, I stayed connected with a friend in another town who I introduced to the book and will finish next week, and I'm ready to start the Original New Rules with her in December.

Whew!
    Love it!
    Congrats.

julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

10 plyo push-ups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10) julysray is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by sgtmom1 View Post
    You may not think this applicable, But I survived a day of shopping the outlet mall with three of my five kids Saturday. I have Chronic Fatigue and subclinical thyroid-not currently medicated to see how I do without. My calves were sore But I felt pretty good after because of being sick other wise.

oh i think its very applicable...i went to the post office today with my Irish twins...i got an extra unwanted workout pulling them off the front desk

Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000) Megin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by julysray View Post
    Ooo.. good one

Originally Posted by sgtmom1 View Post

This one is nearing my favorite (ninja jumps still win ) ^^ this shows you trying to get out and about .. move.. live.
    Isn't that the point of it all

Good on you

Right now it doesn't matter what the results will be.
    Whats more important is that you test the waters. You share the story.. you add a different aspect to your recovery..

Leap and the net will appear..

IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) IronPeach_79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by thedogdidit View Post
    Love it!
    Congrats.
    Thanks

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I benched 185 this morning--I'm 125 so that's just about 1.5x my body weight!! Made my whole day

thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50) thedogdidit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bethtwenty4 View Post
    I benched 185 this morning--I'm 125 so that's just about 1.5x my body weight!! Made my whole day
    That's incredible. Good job.
    I can barely do that on the leg press ....
    (well, that's at 12 reps ... )

Originally Posted by julysray View Post
    Very cool!

uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10) uk3mi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    PB on deadlift today: 100kgs x 1 (220 lbs) - raw
    Not the most pretty in the world, but I made it! I'm just so happy, can't quit the grin

Edit: forgot the video:

My cam didn't like the rebound
    Last edited by uk3mi; 10-08-2010 at 11:22 AM.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125294131

Time to start building... norinicole's Avatar
    norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) norinicole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    135lbs on bent over, wide grip bb rows. Strict form except for the last 2 needed a bit of push
    Mrs. Hessunit as of May 11, 2013

vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yahoo!!! :-D
    I can do it; I just have to decide to do it just for myself. Not for an event, not for a competition. Just for me. Eventually, maybe I'll believe all that!! ;) (Nov 2010)
    Now I do!! HUGE results in December - now to forge ahead! (Jan 2010)

vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) vmazzaluna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did an unassisted handstand for a split second the other day.

Challenge: unassisted pullups, (using exercise ball) plank to pike to handstand without spot (I can plank to pike to single leg lift)

bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bethtwenty4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Today's challenge. AND victory :)

I'll be doing this in 6 hours!!

toughmudder.com/events/northern-california/bear-valley-course-map/

Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Emma-Leigh has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

^ how did you go?

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    At 47 years of age, passed the tryouts for the Portland Fighting Fillies professional womens' full contact football team. I improved all my speed tests from last year and am motivated and excited to begin the 2011 season in Feb as the oldest skills position starter in the division.

Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    At 47 years of age, passed the tryouts for the Portland Fighting Fillies professional womens' full contact football team. I improved all my speed tests from last year and am motivated and excited to begin the 2011 season in Feb as the oldest skills position starter in the division.
    Fantastic! 47 is the new, uh, 17 ...
    Congrats.

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I so want to do that...Wow!!

Victory: This past weekend I ran 5 miles (barefoot in Vibram FiveFingers) without stopping, and was averaging the 10 minute mile. May not sound like a lot but a few months ago I could hardly run around the block without feeling like I was about to die. I never thought i would be able to run for a mile non stop let alone 5 miles.

Challenges: My lower back is starting to act up again, so I haven't been able to do squats or deadlifts with major weights. Started doing zercher squats/lumberjack squats and adding more weights to my lunges and step ups to compensate until I can go and see my massage therapist.

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10 wall hand-stand push-ups.
    Seated dumbbell shoulder presses with 27.5 pounds in each hand - 4 sets.

Anomoly2U has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Super Stars!

Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh View Post
    A motivator for all of you trying to float....

Wow!, not gutz no glory - those girls are awesome! Thanx for sharing the vid!

on the path to being lean Moloholo's Avatar
    Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Moloholo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    am in this section because i'm finding links of stickies for my girlfriend(to read) who wants to start working out seriously because of my progress and i saw this on page 1:

Originally Posted by fitlover View Post
    Victory: 215 lb. squat!!

Challenge: 225 lb. squat by October 1st.

this is amazing, really really amazing. i can only do 220lbs for 3 reps and yet you do it like its so easy. makes me feel ashame yet at the same time all psyched up to push myself harder! thanks
    The world would be a better place if everyone would channel their frustration and anger to better themselves and be nicer to everyone they meet. Everyone has their own fights and stories to tell, you are not more important than another.

- note to self, lessons from 2016.

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I did the rowing machine on it's highest setting for 15 minutes straight. I love the rowing machine but have never done it for any length of time. My body is wishing I had built up to that as today I can barely move, but that is what I was hoping for anyways.

BTW, I love this new sticky. I feel like I can contribute here, because I def. don't "look the part," but I know I can set new PR's and achievements. Thanks!!!
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kfisherx View Post
    Wow very inspiring, you rock

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not necessarily training related, but last night I had to take a new picture for my indoor soccer ID, and I compared it to the one I took in January. And there was a nice difference in my face. Definitely looks like I lost some weight. Funny thing, scale hasn't changed (which is a good thing as well, not great, but good). I guess I have been reshaping more than losing weight. Not what I am looking for, but I will take it for now.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000) IronEnergy is just really nice. (+1000)
    i know it's not that much yet, but i just switched from dumbbell to barbell lifts last week and I deadlifted 135x5 today which meant i got to use the 45lb plates and they made me feel like a big girl.
    I don't have time to lift - I make time.

LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50) LW79 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    PR'd my dead lift 1rep max @175lb not heavy on the grand scale of things but I'm happy
    Firmly believes that if god didn't want us to eat animals he would never have made them out of meat.

...I also take photo's check em out here http://www.********.com/#!/pages/Williams-Photography/101928733190374

I'm so happy!!!! I know it sounds silly, but I finally got up at 5 am to go to the gym. I can't count the number of times I have tried this and just turned my alarm off and rolled over and went back to sleep. But today I made it!!!! WOOHOO!!!

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is going to sound like the most ridiculous "victory" ever, but... I have this really big, really heavy old calphalon skillet. It's always been a pain in the ass to wash because it's so unwieldy. I suddenly realized last night as I was cleaning it, holding it over the sink with my left hand (my weaker side) and rinsing it with the sprayer, that it didn't feel heavy at all anymore. I was like, "oh, looky here, functional strength!" and that made me happy. hahaha