Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jesssanta has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I love this new lifestyle....but...

I love working out, and I love preparing my meals and feeling good about the choices I have been making. I am happy that I started supplementing and getting the proper nutrients I need. I am feeling really great about what I am doing right now, and I am proud of myself! But, I have been working at this HARD (working out 6 days a week - 5 days cardio - 3 days weight training - 1 day yoga) for a month. I got on the scale today - no weight loss.

I am a female
    5' 3"
    142 pounds.....still.

1. My daily calories have been about 1400-1600.
    Should I lower my daily caloric intake to 1200 to lose weight? If so, I'm hungry just thinking about it this.
    Every BMR calculator I try is different, and the sticky is just too confusing and stressful for me to look at right now.

2. I had 2 glasses of wine and some cake on Saturday night - did this abolish all fat loss efforts? Should I completely eliminate the idea of "cheating?" for now? Probably. Dammit.

3. Am I on a "cutting phase" of a diet? what are some rules I should follow?

Registered User SoutherNtellect's Avatar
    SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10) SoutherNtellect is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    what does the mirror/your clothing/progress pictures say?
    28lbs down, 14 to go

Current Workout: All Pro's BP. Cycle 1, Week 5

My clothing - about the same
    Mirror - I can definately see more muscle in my arms+shoulders
    I took pictures 2 weeks ago - I will take more

anyone? help? advice?

ok 33 views. one response. I guess no one will throw me a freaking bone?
    I guess I will just have to figure this out on my own.
    So I am going to go with 1250 cal a day until I can talk to a trainer at my gym and see what they say. Thanks.

supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10) supern0va is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Calm down, it takes a while for a thread to get some responses. What probably happened is you gained muscle and lost fat, which cancelled each other out and left you at the same weight. Most people advise using the mirror as a judge, not the scale. Did you lose any fat around your midsection?

iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10) iCappy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jesssanta View Post
    So I am going to go with 1250 cal a day until I can talk to a trainer at my gym and see what they say. Thanks.
    Seriously? You originally posted this an hour ago. Calm down, be patient and I'm sure someone will try to help you out. 4 weeks isn't a long time to see major results. There are several different calculators/methods used to figure out daily calorie intake. The first one I tried the scale wasn't budging much after a few weeks, so I went with another calculator and now the weight is coming off 1-2lbs per week. But, I gave it time; figuring water weight and variables. Monitor your progress, make adjustments and be patient is my noob advice. On a side note, if I'm feeling hungry I'll throw another cup of broccoli on my plate as it counts as next to nothing. I'm more concerned at the end of the week that I've met my deficient.

bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bethanyboo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sometimes a month isn't really long enough to gauge progress. If you are new to all this then it is possible that you put on a little muscle while losing fat (although it typically does not happen on a deficit). You could also be more bloated than last time you weighed in. Make sure you always weigh in the morning after peeing and before showering or eating or else you're going to see a lot fluctuation. Some days you will just hold on to a couple of extra pounds of water - especially if your period is a couple of days away.

Are you measuring everything you eat? Weighing all of your food is the most accurate way to measure. If you TRULY are eating 1400 calories a day, then no, a piece of cake and 2 glasses of wine should not have derailed you.

Originally Posted by supern0va View Post
    Calm down, it takes a while for a thread to get some responses. What probably happened is you gained muscle and lost fat, which cancelled each other out and left you at the same weight. Most people advise using the mirror as a judge, not the scale. Did you lose any fat around your midsection?
    ok I will calm down. I didn't lose any fat from my midsection. But my arms and calves are looking more muscular.

Originally Posted by iCappy View Post
    Seriously? You originally posted this an hour ago. Calm down, be patient and I'm sure someone will try to help you out. 4 weeks isn't a long time to see major results. There are several different calculators/methods used to figure out daily calorie intake. The first one I tried the scale wasn't budging much after a few weeks, so I went with another calculator and now the weight is coming off 1-2lbs per week. But, I gave it time; figuring water weight and variables. Monitor your progress, make adjustments and be patient is my noob advice. On a side note, if I'm feeling hungry I'll throw another cup of broccoli on my plate as it counts as next to nothing. I'm more concerned at the end of the week that I've met my deficient.
    Thank you, yes I do need to calm down. I think I will just have to lower my intake for now. - and I will throw an extra cup of brocoli in there if Im feeling super hungry.

Originally Posted by bethanyboo View Post
    Sometimes a month isn't really long enough to gauge progress. If you are new to all this then it is possible that you put on a little muscle while losing fat (although it typically does not happen on a deficit). You could also be more bloated than last time you weighed in. Make sure you always weigh in the morning after peeing and before showering or eating or else you're going to see a lot fluctuation. Some days you will just hold on to a couple of extra pounds of water - especially if your period is a couple of days away.

Are you measuring everything you eat? Weighing all of your food is the most accurate way to measure. If you TRULY are eating 1400 calories a day, then no, a piece of cake and 2 glasses of wine should not have derailed you.
    I weighed in this morning - after pee - before anything else. I may be bloated. I certainly feel bloated. I am definitely measuring everything I eat, and that is why I am frustrated. But, I have been going from 1400-1600, and not staying at exactly 1400. This may be the issue.

vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vabyss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You're falling into the girl curse of only regarding what the scale says as progress.

If this is your first time working out at this level, your body is going to go through a lot of changes. Unless you're obese, you shouldn't see weight flying off if you're working all your muscles properly.

And to be honest, you're being very impatient. A month isn't anything. Put six months in before you even begin to determine if it's working.

krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10) krisdineone is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol~ or three years I'd Love to lose another 10 lbs but I seem to hover right around 131-134 muscle definition has increased in the last month but weight loss... hmm
    The key is to just stick with it and Know that you are doing the right thing for your body and mind.
    "Everybody pities the weak; jealousy you have to earn"

I AM busting my ass!!

One Life One Body!!

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Seriously do you think we have nothing better to do than to sit here and hit refresh over and over and over all day so that we can respond instantaneously to people asking questions? I don't know about where you are, but I just got back from lunch. Honestly I'm happy to help people, but not when they act like that. Get a grip!

As far as not reading the sticky because you're too stressed out to understand it ... um. No sympathy. Sorry. It's not rocket science. Read the sticky and do the calculations or put the numbers into one of the spreadsheets. Anyone who can't be bothered to read and try to understand the information given is asking to be spoon fed.

CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10) CanisDirus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My best advice would be to just throw the scale away. My scale is collecting dust because it just isn't an accurate form of measurement when it comes to fat vs lean mass.

Look at how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror, that's the best way to judge. And don't get discouraged if you've only been at this for a month. A month isn't a very long time. Weight loss is a slow process, it took time to gain weight and it takes time to lose it.

Keep your chin up and just keep doing what you're doing.

Originally Posted by vabyss View Post
    You're falling into the girl curse of only regarding what the scale says as progress.

If this is your first time working out at this level, your body is going to go through a lot of changes. Unless you're obese, you shouldn't see weight flying off if you're working all your muscles properly.

And to be honest, you're being very impatient. A month isn't anything. Put six months in before you even begin to determine if it's working.
    Originally Posted by vabyss View Post

Thanks for responding. This isn't really the first time I have been working out at this level. I got down to 136lbs by eating 1200-1300 a day and working out consistently. Then my Dad went into the hospital (hes still there) and I haven't been on track until the last month. Maybe I should go back to the 1200-1300 but I wasn't sure if that was enough calories with all the exercise I do. You are right I am being impatient. I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing instead of wasting my time not doing the right thing - because I already have.

Originally Posted by KaraCooks View Post
    Seriously do you think we have nothing better to do than to sit here and hit refresh over and over and over all day so that we can respond instantaneously to people asking questions? I don't know about where you are, but I just got back from lunch. Honestly I'm happy to help people, but not when they act like that. Get a grip!

As far as not reading the sticky because you're too stressed out to understand it ... um. No sympathy. Sorry. It's not rocket science. Read the sticky and do the calculations or put the numbers into one of the spreadsheets. Anyone who can't be bothered to read and try to understand the information given is asking to be spoon fed.
    Wow. ok. I just admitted that I was being impatient. Didn't mean to come across that I need to be "spoon fed". I have already lost 25lbs, and I have done a lot of research on my own. I know its not rocket science - I just got a little discouraged and was looking for some guidance. You dont need to be mean.

Originally Posted by CanisDirus View Post
    My best advice would be to just throw the scale away. My scale is collecting dust because it just isn't an accurate form of measurement when it comes to fat vs lean mass.

Look at how your clothes fit and how you look in the mirror, that's the best way to judge. And don't get discouraged if you've only been at this for a month. A month isn't a very long time. Weight loss is a slow process, it took time to gain weight and it takes time to lose it.

Keep your chin up and just keep doing what you're doing.
    Thank you for the positive response!

"You're at the controls" KC5280's Avatar
    KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KC5280 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Just from my personal experience -

I started my transformation process last year - January 2009. I completely changed my lifestyle, eating, EVERYTHING. It took 4 weeks before the scale even budged an INCH or my clothes began to fit better. I saw NO changes whatsoever. But I didn't give up and I stayed focused and consistent.

As others have said ~ Just be patient - things are happening even if you can't SEE them or the scale doesn't show anything yet. It's working, just stay focused! :-)

Originally Posted by KC5280 View Post
    Just from my personal experience -

I started my transformation process last year - January 2009. I completely changed my lifestyle, eating, EVERYTHING. It took 4 weeks before the scale even budged an INCH or my clothes began to fit better. I saw NO changes whatsoever. But I didn't give up and I stayed focused and consistent.

As others have said ~ Just be patient - things are happening even if you can't SEE them or the scale doesn't show anything yet. It's working, just stay focused! :-)
    Thank you so much! I certainly will!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow. ok. I just admitted that I was being impatient. Didn't mean to come across that I need to be "spoon fed". I have already lost 25lbs, and I have done a lot of research on my own. I know its not rocket science - I just got a little discouraged and was looking for some guidance. You dont need to be mean.
    Have you taken a break from dieting (eating in a deficit) before you started your new plan? I'm asking this because you mention you've lost 25 lbs.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Have you taken a break from dieting (eating in a deficit) before you started your new plan? I'm asking this because you mention you've lost 25 lbs.
    There was a period this summer when I wasn't logging, and overate. ( and gained a couple pounds) So I did take a break and that is why I started logging and hitting the gym hard again. I lost the 25lbs really slowly.

digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000) digitalbath11 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What I got from Kara's response to you was not mean. Just keeping it real girl.

Read the stickies. Seriously. Sit down, take a breather, get a pencil, paper, and maybe a calculator, and DO THE MATH. This will help customize your specific caloric needs for YOUR body. That's why the sticky is there. You know your numbers SO much better than the rest of us. Once you get that data, then ask away.

Good luck.
    "The Way Out Is Through"

Digital Bath Explained: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tmPBuSpmfA

KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KimberlyWX55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Doing the math

I agree with everyone else here on being patient. Over a four month period when I first started, I lost 3lbs....yep 3lbs. But my measurements all over were less (or more =), so there was progress.

I'm no expert, but I do think 1200-1300 calories is way too little, especially if you're training hard.

If you do go to the sticky, check out some of the calculators for your macros. Actually, Kara just finished one that is pretty all inclusive and easy to understand. Hence the reason everyone points you in that direction. Its beneficial to see 'why' the numbers are what they are and what they actually mean for you personally. She put a lot of work into it, as did the others who posted there, to help us out with this very thing!

Good luck and keep at it!
    TTSP ~This too shall pass~

My Journal: No Pain No Gain
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125668483

What's the deal with the spoon pics?!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There was a period this summer when I wasn't logging, and overate. ( and gained a couple pounds) So I did take a break and that is why I started logging and hitting the gym hard again. I lost the 25lbs really slowly.
    Ok then stick to a solid 1500 calories daily. 4 weeks is nothing, give it a few more weeks and things should start moving.

Monitor your cheats, because it can affect progress. Cheats add up quickly and can throw you out of your deficit, or bump you up in your deficit which slows down progress.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm really not trying to be mean, but I have to admit that the whole "ok fine no one will answer me" post after only 40 mins kinda irked me. It probably make me a little more blunt than I would be otherwise.

The thing is, a lot of people come on here and say things like "I don't have time to read the stickies" or "I don't understand the stickies" (which is really just a variation of "I'm not willing to take the time to read them and work to understand them"). As kfisherx pointed out in another thread, we get 1-5 people (and sometimes more) a day who come onto the board and ask for personalized, customized help for their situations. We're all here posting because we want to help, but we all also have lives and we can't stop and do the calculations and retype and explain in minute detail to each and every person who asks.

That's WHY the stickies exist. That's WHY we send people to the stickies. Because that information is already there - spelled out in detail. And when they come back and say in some way or form that they can't be bothered to take the time to read them, it's frustrating.

Really really really. Read the stickies. Take some time to read them and understand them. If there's something that's confusing you, ask that specific question. But be willing to do the research and the preliminary work yourself.

Originally Posted by KaraCooks View Post
    I'm really not trying to be mean, but I have to admit that the whole "ok fine no one will answer me" post after only 40 mins kinda irked me. It probably make me a little more blunt than I would be otherwise.

The thing is, a lot of people come on here and say things like "I don't have time to read the stickies" or "I don't understand the stickies" (which is really just a variation of "I'm not willing to take the time to read them and work to understand them"). As kfisherx pointed out in another thread, we get 1-5 people (and sometimes more) a day who come onto the board and ask for personalized, customized help for their situations. We're all here posting because we want to help, but we all also have lives and we can't stop and do the calculations and retype and explain in minute detail to each and every person who asks.

That's WHY the stickies exist. That's WHY we send people to the stickies. Because that information is already there - spelled out in detail. And when they come back and say in some way or form that they can't be bothered to take the time to read them, it's frustrating.

Really really really. Read the stickies. Take some time to read them and understand them. If there's something that's confusing you, ask that specific question. But be willing to do the research and the preliminary work yourself.
    Thank you Kara. I totally do NOT want to be an annoying forum poster. Even though I have pretty much fallen under that category at this point.... I was stressed out earlier, and looking at the sticky about calories and macronutrients when I was stressed out was not the best idea....considering Math triggers panic attacks...hence why I am an artist.

I will go back and look at it when I have the time + patience to do the calculations. I heard you just finished writing one?

JPulcinella has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love working out, and I love preparing my meals and feeling good about the choices I have been making. I am happy that I started supplementing and getting the proper nutrients I need. I am feeling really great about what I am doing right now, and I am proud of myself! But, I have been working at this HARD (working out 6 days a week - 5 days cardio - 3 days weight training - 1 day yoga) for a month. I got on the scale today - no weight loss.

I am a female
    5' 3"
    142 pounds.....still.

1. My daily calories have been about 1400-1600.
    Should I lower my daily caloric intake to 1200 to lose weight? If so, I'm hungry just thinking about it this.
    Every BMR calculator I try is different, and the sticky is just too confusing and stressful for me to look at right now.

2. I had 2 glasses of wine and some cake on Saturday night - did this abolish all fat loss efforts? Should I completely eliminate the idea of "cheating?" for now? Probably. Dammit.

3. Am I on a "cutting phase" of a diet? what are some rules I should follow?

Maybe you need to eat more calories. I was eating around 1200 calories and i was not losing weight. It was an up and down battle. I work out everyday and eat super clean. I was cheating on sundays and not just one meal.. anyways. My cousin is a coach to girls in figure, bodybuilding. I asked him to just help me foreal. And I met up with him and he monitiored everything I did.. Anyways, I never realized you truely needed to EAT to lose more . I am up to 2,200 calories now and at a weight of 106. I am 5'2. When I first went to him i was 120 and eating half that. Maybe you need to eat more, clean foods. I also cut my cheats to ONE meal on sundays, and i am maintaining my weight at 2,200 calories.. I am not an expert, but its just a thought. And what your eating, is it really clean? What are you eating daily?

jess

Originally Posted by JPulcinella View Post
    Maybe you need to eat more calories. I was eating around 1200 calories and i was not losing weight. It was an up and down battle. I work out everyday and eat super clean. I was cheating on sundays and not just one meal.. anyways. My cousin is a coach to girls in figure, bodybuilding. I asked him to just help me foreal. And I met up with him and he monitiored everything I did.. Anyways, I never realized you truely needed to EAT to lose more . I am up to 2,200 calories now and at a weight of 106. I am 5'2. When I first went to him i was 120 and eating half that. Maybe you need to eat more, clean foods. I also cut my cheats to ONE meal on sundays, and i am maintaining my weight at 2,200 calories.. I am not an expert, but its just a thought. And what your eating, is it really clean? What are you eating daily?

jess
    Thank you, this sounds more realistic. Yeah, this past month I really started taking the time to prepare my meals, counting my calories, and eating clean. (i think) 5-6 meals a day, lean meats, whey protein, casein protein, good fats, fibrous carbs, + complex carbs. (and sometimes fat free dairy like cottage cheese and yogurt) I also started supplementing glutamine, 2222 aminos, calcium+D, and EFA's.

SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10) SJBC is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ok...great advice on this thread. The only thing I can add is this:

- Most people fail at reaching their body goals because they are impatient and their expectations are off. Changing body composition is a SLOOOOOWWW process.

- Throw away your scale. Well ok just put it in the back of the closet. I think weighing yourself as a gauge has some bearing if you are severely overweight or obese, but you are not. You need to measure your success by measuring your waist/hips/chest and how your clothes are fitting.

Ass busting work + consistency + time = results. -Lyle M.