khanage21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Build muscle, lose fat

Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie, so go easy on me.

My main query is....

Nearly all the information available is geared for up advising how to get skinny guys big. The thing is, I'm not skinny! I am 25 years old, 5 '9' & 11 St, not fat but definitely got some excess (mainly belly). Now I have sorted my diet out, and am working out 3/4 times a week, excersises include squats, and mainly free weights.

I work two body parts a day, using your drop set routine. What I would like to know is-

Are there any particular excersizes that will help me build muscle and reduce body fat/belly at the same time?

I've heard that doing cardio hinders muscle growth, is that right?

Supplement wise, currently I am taking Creatamax & (Reflex) Natural Whey. Are these o.k? Should I add anything?

My goal ideally is to lose body fat and build a good muscular physique. Not sure what weight I should be aiming for.

Your expert advice is very much appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking novice questions. I have been looking through your Bodybuilding.com site, but can't find the answers.

Thanks in advance,

Khanage,

syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000) syress17 is just really nice. (+1000)
    you cant build muscle and loose fat at the same time.......Unless you use steroids.
    So you have to choose one to build said muscle or to loose the fat.

now if your asking how to "look" muscular, then that is achieved by having a good solid base of muscle then cutting body fat.

silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silva14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yerh personally if i were you i would be cutting, so reducing your BF% to a point were your happy. then from that point either go on a long and slow clean bulk to build your muscle with minimal BF% gains, or you can just regular bulk and cut after that again...

but yerh it is not possible to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time... they both cancel each other out through the different diet requirements.

so i would reccommend looking up on this site cutting and a good routine. and then after that look at a clean bulk.

thats just personally. hope some help =)

Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fit_4Life is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by khanage21 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie, so go easy on me.

My main query is....

Nearly all the information available is geared for up advising how to get skinny guys big. The thing is, I'm not skinny! I am 25 years old, 5 '9' & 11 St, not fat but definitely got some excess (mainly belly). Now I have sorted my diet out, and am working out 3/4 times a week, excersises include squats, and mainly free weights.

I work two body parts a day, using your drop set routine. What I would like to know is-

Are there any particular excersizes that will help me build muscle and reduce body fat/belly at the same time?

I've heard that doing cardio hinders muscle growth, is that right?

Supplement wise, currently I am taking Creatamax & (Reflex) Natural Whey. Are these o.k? Should I add anything?

My goal ideally is to lose body fat and build a good muscular physique. Not sure what weight I should be aiming for.

Your expert advice is very much appreciated.

Sorry if I'm asking novice questions. I have been looking through your Bodybuilding.com site, but can't find the answers.

Thanks in advance,

Khanage,
    BENT LEGGED DEAD LIFTS
    WEIGHTED CHIN UPS
    HEAVY BARBELL CHEST PRESS
    and of course HITT Training

these exercises stimulate a **** load of GH in your sleep when trained together.. GH will burn fat and build muscle..

sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sjv209 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by syress17 View Post
    you cant build muscle and loose fat at the same time.......Unless you use steroids.
    So you have to choose one to build said muscle or to loose the fat.

now if your asking how to "look" muscular, then that is achieved by having a good solid base of muscle then cutting body fat.
    I hate broscience. Do some research.

You can build muscle and lose fat at the same time. It's been done by bb.com members over and over and it's also scientifically proven.

The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition published an article titled "Muscle hypertrophy with large-scale weight loss and resistance training." Google it.

khanage21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fit_4Life View Post
    BENT LEGGED DEAD LIFTS
    WEIGHTED CHIN UPS
    HEAVY BARBELL CHEST PRESS
    and of course HITT Training

these exercises stimulate a **** load of GH in your sleep when trained together.. GH will burn fat and build muscle..
    Excellent! Thanks for all the advice guys.

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Broscience in this thread. Poster sjv209 has it right.

As a newb, you CAN DEFINITELY build muscle AND lose fat at the same time (by default you will do this).

Can also be accomplished in intermediate to advanced trainers as well through various nutrition partitioning techniques.

Some links for your pleasure reading:

http://www.t-nation.com/readArticle.do?id=811783

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE