ssfc09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

activity calorie counts databases-Serious

Surprised i havent seen this anywhere here

:Been doing a cut at 1.5 lbs a week

Im 283- 6 3" 43.5 waist

I used Dailyplate foodlog activity database but at my weight they say "yardwork" is 1400 cals burned in 2 hours well who believes that.

HOW DO I GET A REAL count? so that when im waitng tables,soccer, yard work i can geta real reading? So that i dont go over or lose muscle by going under?

Or should i just always get 1 gram of protein for my lean body weight? 180lbs.

I DO have a hart rate monitor or point me in the routr of a good datbase or calc.

chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chodan9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This might give you an idea of comparable activities

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/calculat.htm

cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000) cyclocross75 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have hard time believing yardwork can burn that many calories. I have a powermeter on my roadbike which can accurately estimate calories burned much better than heart rate and on a really fast-hard ride I'll burn 650-700/hr.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you are almost 300 pounds with a 43 inch waist and you are wondering how many calories you burn waiting tables????

c'mon.....re-enter the real world with your situation......

diet is the key, and yes, DIET is the word, NOT A CUT....

Cutting is getting contest ready....

right now, you are STROKE ready.....get cracking, keep DIETING and lose more weight...

be as active as possible....count calories and adjust your macros accordingly......

forget the auxilliary calorie burning.....

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    you are almost 300 pounds with a 43 inch waist and you are wondering how many calories you burn waiting tables????

right now, you are STROKE ready.....get cracking, keep DIETING and lose more weight...

be as active as possible....count calories and adjust your macros accordingly......

reps if i could...

That's slightly Inflammatory-

find out my height- 6 3" not 5 7" ..i can relate to your motivation.

To coax a more accurate critique: i play 90 mins soccer twice a week, rugby before a groin issue last 2 months, 3 days of weights of course and other profession where strength is needed.

have a food log with 1.5 cal deficit (2500 cal) 40 40 20 ratio dont eat fast food, cheese, or fried foods with 5 fruit veg..... so?
    Last edited by ssfc09; 08-31-2010 at 05:51 AM.

BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlondeAmazon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ssfc09 View Post
    That's somewhat Inflammatory-

6 3" not 5 7" ..i can relate your attitude.

Just to coax a more accurate critique: i play 90 mins soccer twice a week, rugby before a groin issue last 2 months, and other profession where strength is needed.

Can't give up strength have a food log with 1.5 cal deficit (2500 cal) 40 40 20 ratio

I dont eat fast food, cheese, or fried foods with 5 fruit veg so?
    I dont think John is being Inflammatory, all he is saying is that its ALOT of work to keep a count of all your calorie burning in everyday activities. If you have alot of weight to drop, why bother with the stress of it? Meaning, dont worry about your daily activities. Dont wrap your whole life around it is all. Do your workouts, do your cardio, enjoy your regular activities, and watch your diet. Unless your goal is competition, your not really "cutting" at this point. No one is trying to be negative- consider it realistic advise is all.

We all wish you well in your goals Congrats.

Originally Posted by BlondeAmazon View Post
    I dont think John is being Inflammatory, all he is saying is that its ALOT of work to keep a count of all your calorie burning in everyday activities. If you have alot of weight to drop, why bother with the stress of it? Meaning, dont worry about your daily activities. Dont wrap your whole life around it is all. Do your workouts, do your cardio, enjoy your regular activities, and watch your diet. Unless your goal is competition, your not really "cutting" at this point. No one is trying to be negative- consider it realistic advise is all.

Clarification, i really want anyone to have a accurate picture, suits us both, i was clear on all.

The stress is giving up strength- i agree on all counts.

cheers.
    Last edited by ssfc09; 08-31-2010 at 06:24 AM.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BlondeAmazon View Post

THANK YOU! she explained ME, much better than I did! LOL....

THANK YOU! she explained ME, much better than I did! LOL....
    still no revised critique...

.i landscape work on my feet, paint, really messes up my calorie count

any other good activity databases?

What if i wear a heart rate monitor is there a formula web site for calories burned at a certain HR over time?

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

What if i wear a heart rate monitor is there a formula web site for calories burned at a certain HR over time?
    If you are already eating at a caloric deficit, then there should be no need to adjust your food intake for extra activities such as yard work.

Whether the aim is to lose weight, preserve muscle, or add mass, you have to remember while all diets are estimates and must be adjusted for the individual they work best when followed consistently. The reason being is changes in body composition is a gradual process and due to natural daily fluctuations adjustments in a diet is made at intervals where there is an expected and measurable shift in numbers.

One day of yard work isn't consistent and doesn't warrant adjusting a meal plan. Adding or subtracting calories because of odd activities isn't consistent either, and can be counterproductive if you are on a specific nutritional and resistance training program. It throws off your macros which in turn throws off your energy levels, and so on.

All that being said, you simply will not find two online databases that will agree on the caloric cost for a given activity; every one of them uses a different formula for calculation.

What you can do is create your own MET database. It will calculate energy costs based on your weight (in kilograms) and the Metabolic Equivalent (MET) of various tasks. It won't use factors like heart rate, but you may find it just as effective as online databases.

Here are two good sources to start you off:
    Compendium of Physical Activities
    Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise
    http://www.liveoakcaf.com/kin%20163/...activities.pdf

Compendium of Physical Activities Tracking Guide
    http://prevention.sph.sc.edu/tools/d...compendium.pdf

There are limitations to this method as explained in the MSSE paper, and if you do create your own database you'll always want to verify any METs added is up to date. For instance, the second pdf shows some changes like ultimate frisbee (15250) being 3.5 mets in 1993 and then jumping to 8.0 in 2000.

Best of luck, and try not to turn your activities into a system of punishments and rewards.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) broad.stance is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chodan9 View Post
    This might give you an idea of comparable activities

http://primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/calculat.htm
    Took a look and saw this calculator is based on the compendium of physical activities.
    Hums the theme to Superman during planks and LYTPs. Now that you've read this, you will too.

All right boys, now watch how this is done. The key is to put it all in your groin and your back.
    Take your legs totally out of the equation. Lift with your lower back in a jerking, twisting motion.
    -- Peter Griffin

Go down the line:
    http://www.greatergood.com

I luv Demi Lovato! U mad? Skullaway's Avatar
    Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Skullaway has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Buy a heart rate monitor that shows calories burned.