moomoopro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

need some feedback on cardio(20 min run stats included)....i want better endurance

I just started to run/jog to get in shape for both my heart and just general well being. As of now, I did about a 20 minute jog at 7mph on the treadmill and resulted in about 2 miles. My heartrate was 170 at the end of the run.

Now I understand your heartrate is a pretty important aspect of cardio/endurance and the level of your heartrate can determine a lot things.

As of now my regime is doing this cardio type training 3x a week. In addition, I lift weights about 2-3x a week.

Any tips or feedback?

bodyweight 170 age 20 bodyfat 13% about if that matters

thanks

gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) gatovolador is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    For your age, you want your HR to be 130-150 for aerobic workouts, unless you are going really easy or doing an interval workout. The reason for staying lower normally is because the 150-170 range hurts your recovery but doesn't give you the massive boost you get from doing interval workouts at 170+ (depending on what your lactate threshold is- basically max sustainable HR, not sprinting). However, you don't do these too often because they increase the risk of injury and take a day or two to recover from.

What you are doing sounds pretty good, but you will get more improvement by doing a bit more volume at less intensity. Short hard workouts are no substitute for long durations of workouts that are easier effort. So, for you I would consider switching it up:
    2x 30 min at 6mph
    1x 30 min fartlek workout (basically you mix the speed up a bit)
    5min warmup 5-6mph
    4 x { 3 min 7mph, 2 min 5-6mph }
    5min cooldown 5-6mph

A very good book on aerobic training in general and running in particular is Jack Daniel's Running Formula (Daniels was a top college coach in his day).